• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

A Couple of Thoughts on Re-Watching

Nix

🤪
Sineya
So, most of you know I'm currently doing a re-watch with my Abbs (her first time) at the moment.

A few things and thoughts I have noticed.... It's been a good few years since I did a complete re-watch so be patient and don't jump on my posts please. And I'm only half way through season 3.

... I had forgotten that The First had been mentioned so early on in the show.
... More like selective memory loss in this one; I had forgotten about Faith strangling Xander.
... I don't like Buffy's hair in season 3. It's really irritating me!
... Angel is still drool worthy.
... Spike rocks more than I had remembered in his own messed up way.
... Mr Trick was quite the unobservant fighter - I mean really? You have 2, yes 2 slayers and you forget the other one is behind you! Shame on you. I liked him, he was funny.
... I also didn't realise how much Johnathan is actually in the show. I mean I remember him but not in that many episodes.
... Willow is so adorable still.
... Faith is still hot!
... I'm liking Giles more than I did before. I think because I was so focused on a few of the characters I forgot how much Giles actually did manage to do to help.
... Passion. Still makes me cry.

MarieVampSlayer
MarieVampSlayer
I see passion...I cry!

The Bronze

Rogue Demon Hunter
Black Thorn
I also didn't realise how much Johnathan is actually in the show. I mean I remember him but not in that many episodes.
Yes I had this as well during my rewatch a while back. I remembered superstar and earshot but he shows up all over the place.

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
This is fun watching with someone that hasn't seen it before, but so hard not to say anything.

Reactions: Nix

Nix

🤪
Sineya
This is fun watching with someone that hasn't seen it before, but so hard not to say anything.

So true, especially when she keeps trying to guess what's next.

... The lick each other, a lot!
... Still not liking Buffy's hair do.

Octavia
Octavia
hahahaha licking?

DeepBlueJoy

Lion Faced Kitteh
So, most of you know I'm currently doing a re-watch with my Abbs (her first time) at the moment.

... I also didn't realise how much Johnathan is actually in the show. I mean I remember him but not in that many episodes.
... Willow is so adorable still.
... Faith is still hot!
... I'm liking Giles more than I did before. I think because I was so focused on a few of the characters I forgot how much Giles actually did manage to do to help.
... Passion. Still makes me cry.
Glad to see you passing on our obsession. I am always amazed and delighted by second generation fans, who never watched when the show was on.

Jonathan was there from the start (Danny Strong was in the pilot & auditioned for "Xander") IMO he, not Andrew should have been the adopted, redeemed murderer - he would have made more sense, and DS is a better actor, tho' Andrew grew on me a bit, he had mostly comic value.

gnarl

Potential
Sineya
Glad to see you passing on our obsession. I am always amazed and delighted by second generation fans, who never watched when the show was on.

Jonathan was there from the start (Danny Strong was in the pilot & auditioned for "Xander") IMO he, not Andrew should have been the adopted, redeemed murderer - he would have made more sense, and DS is a better actor, tho' Andrew grew on me a bit, he had mostly comic value.
I suspect that Andrews comic value was why he was chosen as the Scooby 'adopty'. Jonathan was quite morose and they needed a lighthearted foil for the Scoobies.

DeepBlueJoy

Lion Faced Kitteh
I suspect that Andrews comic value was why he was chosen as the Scooby 'adopty'. Jonathan was quite morose and they needed a lighthearted foil for the Scoobies.
probably true, but I really wish Jonathan had lived and Andrew was more pathetic than funny most of the time. Jonathan was really smart and yes, a bit on the serious side, but Danny could be funny... I think it was a mistake, but season seven was a dog's vomit so we got what we got. It was still better than 95% of the TV out there. Sigh.

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
How far have you got, and how heavily have you had to edit it?

J

joseph

I like the Drusilla p
sorry I have to disagree would have agreed with you up until recently when I saw the angel season 5 jonathan would never be as funny in the scenes with Spike I always thought Andrew, has a crush on spike also the ending when he tells Angle the Scoobies do not trust him.

J

joseph

nightshade
nightshade
I didn't make it, but it's the next episode in my rewatch :)

Nix

🤪
Sineya
How far have you got, and how heavily have you had to edit it?
Hey, Not so far as Abbs has decided to watch again from the beginning. Ready for the summer holidays binge watch!!! Trying to get Sal to start Angel too lol.

MarieVampSlayer

Bloody hell, Sodding, blimey, shagging, knickers..
Sineya

A few things and thoughts I have noticed.... It's been a good few years since I did a complete re-watch so be patient and don't jump on my posts please. And I'm only half way through season 3.

... I don't like Buffy's hair in season 3. It's really irritating me!
You mean this hair color mess?

1531340858104.png

Love her but what is this???

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
You mean this hair color mess?

View attachment 11183

Love her but what is this???
I think they're known as Skunk stripes?

It reminds me of Rogue's hair from the X-Men.

Also the Rogue and Kitty Pryde dance in X-Men evolution is a replica of the Buffy and Faith dance, especially since Buffy was supposedly inspired by the character of Kitty Pryde.

thrasherpix
thrasherpix
While I was aware of the dancing parallels, it never occurred to me that Buffy's hair was a subtle imitation of cartoon Rogue's!

Mrs Gordo

Bangel extremist...
Black Thorn
I must be the only creature on earth that liked Buffy's baby bangs look. lol It was popular in those days I swear! I remember Pheobe from Charmed had it and Courtney Cox in Scream... I wonder if SMG was like screw it I'm going to do this and then she got in trouble or something?? I don't understand how those bangs only lasted one episode. That isn't how hair works right?

thetopher
thetopher
Episodes are usually a week or more apart, so maybe that explains it?

Grace

Destructo-Girl
Black Thorn
I must be the only creature on earth that liked Buffy's baby bangs look. lol It was popular in those days I swear! I remember Pheobe from Charmed had it and Courtney Cox in Scream... I wonder if SMG was like screw it I'm going to do this and then she got in trouble or something?? I don't understand how those bangs only lasted one episode. That isn't how hair works right?
Yes, you are completely alone in liking those bangs!! Well, they looked just fine when her hair was up and they were kind of messy. But the fully straight across look with her hair down was ... just no.

There was a month between the air dates for Amends and Gingerbread because of the holidays, so they probably grew enough to blend between the shoots.

MarieVampSlayer
MarieVampSlayer
I actually find them pretty when they are in a up-do...but only that way!
W

WillowFromBuffy

I'm sporting rather servere bangs myself atm, so I am fully supportive of Buffy and Lilah's short fringes.

MarieVampSlayer

Bloody hell, Sodding, blimey, shagging, knickers..
Sineya
I think they're known as Skunk stripes?

It reminds me of Rogue's hair from the X-Men.

Also the Rogue and Kitty Pryde dance in X-Men evolution is a replica of the Buffy and Faith dance, especially since Buffy was supposedly inspired by the character of Kitty Pryde.

Good comparision. For me when I see the two colored hair like that all I think about is this:

1531412409254.png

kReEsTaL
kReEsTaL
Ahah, I used to have that exact hairstyle and color… I used to be a huge Spice Girls fan and went to the hairdresser with Geri's pic asking for the same thing. ^^"
Top Bottom