• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

A Dollhouse Remake

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
Change the whole premise. Make the dolls to be manchurian candidates versus what they were on the show. Have better episodes would be another thing.

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
I wouldn't might if they did a remake but then I'veneveractuallywatchedtheshow

white avenger

white avenger
As I recall, the show was generally well received at first, until someone pointed out that it was basically a combination of slavery and prostitution, and then there was a general loss of support for it. Unless they could come up with a way to change that view, I don't think that it will ever be remade.

Mr Trick

Scooby
I don't have a problem with how the Dolls were portrayed on the show. Its seems it was ahead of the curve in a way. I think maybe at the time it just a bit too dark or maybe niche for a mainstream audience. It maybe more suitable for a modern audience its just whether the show has enough name value to be picked up. I guess it could work on Netflix or Amazon.

VisionGirl

Newly Human
Sineya
I liked the theme of what is the essence or the soul of a person? And even if that is erased or wiped, is it still there? It’s about personhood, and I think that is always relevant. The trappings of that, essentially a whorehouse, yeah, and sex without consent- that was gross upon retrospect. The dolls were like children and that idea can go. So no I don’t think the show should be remade. There were lots of elements of the show that were interesting as it stood. And I guess maybe people will keep making those shows? Westworld? (Although I haven’t watched it)

Top Bottom