• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

A Tribute to Andy

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
This is a place for us all to pay tribute to Andy Hallett. I know that Andy's death has shocked and saddened us all. He was a great actor, and more importantly a great person.

If anyone would like to share their feelings or memories of Andy, please post them here.

(We will be sending a copy of this thread to Andy's family, please read here: Sending our Condolences to Andy's Family - Buffy-Boards)

Friendly Lurker
Friendly Lurker
Good idea!
When I initially saw a green skinned demon singing Gloria Gaynor on my, then, favourite TV show, I did think it was a little odd. Within his first scene I was already in love with the character which is in no small part thanks to the marvellous acting of Andy Hallett.
I sensed from that character that he seemed like such a fun, sweet and decent chap.
That some of my friends have been lucky enough to have met him and confirm that only made my respect for him grow.

I guess at times like this you can only wish that he's enjoying himself in heaven and getting ready for one heck of a karaoke session with Jesus.

Next time I'm out for a drink, I'll definitely have a seabreeze and spare a moment drinking to you.

Thanks Andy.

J

JenniferAlice

My favourite character in Angel. Lorne. Andy Hallett seemed like such a fun, life-loving guy. He seemed to bring a great energy to everything he done.
He will never be forgotten.

Kean

Professional Bangel
Sineya
When I heard the news about Andy's death I don't think I quite understood what had happened. It seemed surreal to me. I couldn't comprehend that he wasn't with us anymore. Even now, it still hasn't quite settled in.

When Andy and Lorne joined the cast of Angel it was like a breath of fresh air. A joy to watch, I found myself looking forward to Lorne's scenes and loved when he sang. Still do. Lorne became pivitol to Angel and that is all down to Andy and the quality of his work. The fact that Angel was his first acting job blows my mind.

What I can say is that Andy has been immortalised in the show. He will always be just a click of a button away.

So here's to you Andy. You won't be forgotten by the fans, I promise you that.

I hope the seabreeze and karaoke is as good in Heaven as it was in Caritas.

:)

DrusillaRox

You wanna date my avatar
Lorne was my favourite character of Angel from the moment he stepped on to the scene. He was funny and charismatic. His death ha been a shock to everybody here. He will not be forgotten.

Anya2012
Anya2012
100% agree!

Lyri

Buckle Up Tight
Sineya
What can I say about this amazing man that hasn't been said a hundred times already?

I had the good fortune to meet Andy at my first convention, about three years ago, and he was amazing. He was sweet, and funny, kind and interested in everyone who spoke to him. He always made you feel like you were the only person in the room, despite the fact that there was probably fifty people waiting in line behind you for the same experience. He never walked past you without saying hello, or ask how you were, and he was always smiling.

One of my favorite memories of that weekend was during the Kane concert. Chris and Steve were singing a Prince song, and there was a really high note in the song. As Chris was singing, there was a thing at the guest table. I looked over to see J. August Richards shoving a microphone at Andy, who was shaking his head and waving his arms, pushing the mic away. But J. wouldn't quit, so Andy grabbed the mic and belted out this pitch perfect note, in the right part of the song, in the right key, and it was just amazing. After the song had finished, J. picks up the mic and tells us that Andy says he didn't know the song that they were singing, and then proceeds to make fun of Andy for his ability to 'fake it,' lmao.

Andy was a wonderful man, and a terrific actor and singer. He made Angel what it was, and I will miss him terribly.

Fusions2

Stark Industries Employee
Sineya
Such a sad and tragic end to such a promising career not only in acting but in his passion of music.

Andy was one of the best and most influential actors on Angel. His laughter and smile lit up the audience and fans who watched the show day in and day out. His singing bought nothing but joy and fun to everyone around him. Andy as a person always showed so much love and dedication to the fans especially at the conventions. He was the true life and soul of a party and lit up a room where ever he went.

Andy Hallett will be missed deeply by the fans who loved him for bring the character of Lorne to life. We only hope that he's in a better place and singing down the house with his amazing and powerful voice.

RIP Andy.

Forever Missed.

xXx

Big Damn Hero

Scooby
I'm not good with words and everyone's said what I wanted to say, so I'll say simply this:

Rest in peace.

Chelsea x

luckystar

5 by 5
I never had the pleasure of meeting andy at a convention or anything but from what i heard i missed meeting a great man, loved his portryal of lorne in angel he was quite the singer and performer, a complete joy to watch on screen and he will be dearly missed, may he rest in peace.

hazzard

we merry few
I loved the character of Lorne from the first episode he was in all the way until the end of Angel. He never failed to make me smile, and from what I hear, he had a similar life-loving personality in real life. Andy Hallett will always be just a disc away in my Angel collection, and the fans here are sure to never forget him.

LittleMissLikesToFight

Into Every Generation...
When I heard the news, I was stricken. I felt like I lost family because of the way Andy touched us so many years with his character of Lorne. He was in our hearts from the very first time he was on screen, and I feel as though we've lost a marvelous talent and a genuinely good man.

Joan the Vampire Slayer

Carpe Spuffy!
Wow, what can I say?

Lorne was a fabulous character protrayed by a fabulous actor. Andy had great talent to share with the world and he will surely be missed. Lorne was a fan favorite, and with good reason. Lorne can always make me laugh, so matter how many times I've heard the joke told. Andy will always be remembered as a integal part of the innovative genius that was Angel.

The fandom mourns his death and hope he finds happiness in the world beyond. :)

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

Lorne was, in a way as I see it, an eternal child; he disliked violence (Didn’t “have the stomach for it”), uncomfortably joked around a lot, and was a natural at conflict resolution. He always seemed to know how the calm down the others when their lives seemed to be spiraling out of control. He was a brilliant character with a novel drinking problem (designed to mask, I imagine, his discontent with the world). Lorne was a true heart who managed to allow himself to become corrupted and as a result, was unhappy. He stands in as a perfect example of a theme I thought the show eventually wanted to protray but seemed to lose sight of in the end; how power corrupts, and how only the true-hearted can and should survive.

Bluebird

two by two, hands of blue
Black Thorn
Andy Hallett was a natural star, he brought so much fun and energy to everything he did. To think that Angel was his first acting job is amazing. We'll miss you Andy.

Sweetescape

Eyeballs to entrails, my sweet.
Andy was a wonderful actor, he really brought the character of Lorne to life, made me smile and laugh simply wonderful.

Rest In Peace.

Tasha

Dn'* letthespacebugsbite!
Sineya
i loved it when lorne called angel, "angel cakes"
:')

its a shame he died so young, he was, by far one of the best characters in angel,
he will be sadly missed.

LorneyTunes

I've been forking!
Andy Hallett, what a guy , he lighted up my day with his soulful singing and comedy. When I watch Angel I watch it for Lorne or Buffy when you can see Andy in season 4.
Its sad and makes me feel the world is unjust in the way of life, men and woman stolen from life, snatched when they can be filling the world with the presence of their soul.
You never know when someone will leave you forever but it touches you in more way than one, its not that they have left you. Its that you are left alone without them in your life. I just hope all of his family is happy and at peace with Andy being gone.
I may not have known him but I will remember who he was and how a great singer and actor he was.

Life is just a chance to grow a soul.

His was bewitching.

Rhona
x

HisMrs

The Walking BED
Sineya
When the second season of Angel premiered to a scene of a green-skinned, horned demon singing "I Will Survive" I thought "What in the world is this guy doing? Oooh, he can sing, though!" When the character of Lorne was introduced, I was really happy... it seemed like his character was going to really lighten the mood and bring a lot of exposition and fun to a show that so desperately needed some new blood. Andy's acting was exactly what the show needed to give it new life, and I was and still am so happy to watch the episodes that feature him because even though he wasn't the title character, I think of Lorne as the heart of the show, and I don't think he would have been kept around if not for the way Andy portrayed him: with love, compassion, and genuine caring for everyone around him.
I once heard it said that because Andy wasn't a professional actor when he got the part, he just acted like himself, only in makeup. If this is the case, then I definitely feel like I lost a good friend on March 29th.
My heart aches for Andy's family and close friends, and my prayers are with them as they mourn his death. I am thankful that Andy's carefree spirit lives on through reruns of his episodes on Angel. Rest in peace, Andy.

funkyguitarbabe

Potential
A death at such a young age is a real tragedy, especially when it strikes someone so talented, and such a wonderful person. Although I never had the pleasure of meeting Andy in person, his warmth and compassion seemed to show from his acting, and the wonderful way he portrayed the fabulous character of Lorne.
R.I.P.

sharona1981

Lorne lover :)
I didn't know Andy, at least not in the traditional sense, but feel like I did. I loved Lorne from the moment he appeared on screen, and that was because of the man who brought him to life. I guess that's why I'm still shattered that he's actually gone. He was taken far too soon, and when I'm not crying my heart out, I'm angry that this beautiful soul was taken from us so suddenly and without warning. But he's still here in a way-when I watch ANGEL now, it'll always be with sadness, but there he is, onstage singing his heart out like only he could...I only wish I could have met him, to see that beautiful smile up close, to tell him how wonderful he was-though from what I've heard, he probably wouldn't have taken the compliment....
We love you, andy-and we won't forget. Ever... ::crying2:

Top Bottom