• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Accusation Against Joss Whedon about Justice League filming

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
Admin Faith just sent this to me:

1593627738412.png

Of course, my response was, "Who's Ray Fisher?" lol

So then I found an article:

Where I found out he was the guy who played Cyborg. And that at Comic Con 2017 he apparently thought Joss was a great guy lol

Anyhoo, more trouble in Jossville...

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
You are deeper in the cave than those creatures in the Descent.
Fisher also played Ali's son in the latest season of True Detective. It was a small role but he was good. Very understated.

And that at Comic Con 2017 he apparently thought Joss was a great guy lol
People posit that he was contractually obligated to speak well of the experience.

Anyhoo, more trouble in Jossville...
I wonder how, or if, this will affect The Nevers.

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
You are deeper in the cave than those creatures in the Descent.
I really am.

Fisher also played Ali's son in the latest season of True Detective. It was a small role but he was good. Very understated.
See I didn't make it very far into True Detective, couldn't get into it.

People posit that he was contractually obligated to speak well of the experience.
Yeah that's what Faith said, but I feel like, if Joss was really that bad, he would have picked something else to say. No contract in hell could make me say something nice about Mischa Barton.

I'm not defending Joss, cause it's not that I don't believe he was a jerk (using a family friendly word lol) on set, I just question the timing of this revelation, when we're cancelling comics-related things.

TriBel
TriBel
I couldn't get into True Detective the first time. Persevere - it's worth it.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
You are dead to me.

Yeah that's what Faith
You need to keep calling her Admin Faith. I found that very funny for some reason. It sounds all prestigious or something.

I feel like, if Joss was really that bad, he would have picked something else to say.
The other thought is, he may have thought the movie would be a massive success and if he pissed Whedon off he wouldn't be invited back for the sequel.

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
Well, I didn't want people to think I go around talking to characters from the show. Riley told me to stop doing that around people.

:D

Spanky
Spanky
Hey now! You're talking to Riley? @brinkster130 will have a word to say about that. You can stick with Graham.

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐶

Yeah that's what Faith said, but I feel like, if Joss was really that bad, he would have picked something else to say. No contract in hell could make me say something nice about Mischa Barton.
True Detective S1 was great. S2 had it's moments, but was kind of a mess. S3 was actually pretty good.

Mischa has been in some great, and some truly gawd awful things. Will always have a soft spot for her cause of role in Once & Again. :oops:

Buffy Summers
Buffy Summers
I used her because she made filming a total nightmare. :)

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
I had the same response so you're not alone :p

I'm not defending Joss, cause it's not that I don't believe he was a jerk (using a family friendly word lol) on set, I just question the timing of this revelation, when we're cancelling comics-related things.
I think you're on to something, especially as Fisher is POC and Whedon is white. We know Whedon can be a jerk to actors eg CC and SMG. Do you think Fisher is trying to get some publicity and he's learned from Jussie Smollett and Bubba Wallace not to go overboard with accusations?

The other thought is, he may have thought the movie would be a massive success and if he pissed Whedon off he wouldn't be invited back for the sequel.
That is probably close to the truth on why he waited, that and now would give him publicity.

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
I think you're on to something, especially as Fisher is POC and Whedon is white. We know Whedon can be a jerk to actors eg CC and SMG. Do you think Fisher is trying to get some publicity and he's learned from Jussie Smollett and Bubba Wallace not to go overboard with accusations?
I don't think it has anything to do with his race, and it's not a fake hate crime. (Thought Smollett and Wallace's situations were very different.) I think this is more that "everyone" is coming out right now against comic personnel.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
I don't think it has anything to do with his race, and it's not a fake hate crime. (Thought Smollett and Wallace's situations were very different.) I think this is more that "everyone" is coming out right now against comic personnel.
What other comic personnel have come under fire?

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
Sean Gordon Murphy, Mike Baron, Scott Allie, Cameron Stewart, Warren Ellis are the most recent ones.

But there's also a lot of chatter about things like, "Superheroes are just police in costumes" and removing masculinity from comics and the like.

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐶

Not to defend anyone, but may we ask: what was the aforementioned (er unmentioned) behavior?

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
But there's also a lot of chatter about things like, "Superheroes are just police in costumes" and removing masculinity from comics and the like.
Batman would be in trouble then. How dare he be a man who fights crime in Gotham city.

Interestingly that could set BLM on a collision course with Marvel which is owned by Disney. You don't mess with the House of Mouse. The MCU is a big earner for them and to have a group of wokies try and take that away is not going to go down well.

The Bronze

Rogue Demon Hunter
Black Thorn
Twitter is a very silly site. This comes out, with no examples, and people are rushing to chuck everything Whedon has been involved in on the bonfire. Actresses were too small, not progressive because women were hurt or fought each other and more people still pretending the BW storyline was calling women who can't have children monsters.

Whedon may well be an asshole but that tweet doesn't really say anything. Even if he is an awful person there's no need for people to tie themselves in knots slamming his old work.

Mr Trick
Mr Trick
I agree. There are good sides to Twitter too, but that is one of the bad sides.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
Twitter is a very silly site. This comes out, with no examples, and people are rushing to chuck everything Whedon has been involved in on the bonfire. Actresses were too small, not progressive because women were hurt or fought each other and more people still pretending the BW storyline was calling women who can't have children monsters.

Whedon may well be an asshole but that tweet doesn't really say anything. Even if he is an awful person there's no need for people to tie themselves in knots slamming his old work.
Twitter is very much a double edged sword. It's good points can be easily met by it's bad points.

Top Bottom