• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Accusation Against Joss Whedon about Justice League filming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Black Thorn
Anyway, regarding Pirates of the Caribbean films...I adored the first three.

Johnny Depp, Bill Nighy, Geoffrey Rush and Stellan Skarsgård were incredible. Every other actor could go home, as they bored me to tears.

Bill Nighy was in Doctor Who and the Underworld films, so I adore him.

Stellan Skarsgård is part of the MCU, will be in the new Dune film, and the father of Alexander (who should've been Thor!!) 😍

----> And oh yes, let's not forget Keith Richard's appearance in At World's End. I mean seriously,
we all know he's way cooler than Mick Jagger.

darkspook

Potential
Getting back to the subject of Whedon. Even if Nevers is a hit he isn’t involved on it anymore so any success can be placed on the new writing team or new producers (whether it’s true or not). Whedon as a brand is now damaged goods. His issues with Marvel over the flawed ‘Age of Ulton’ (noticed he wasn’t asked back to directed the last two) and his serious issues with DC have affected his reputation. I say again the fact that so few of his previous casts have spoken in his defence is a bit damning. A short but sweet tweet in his defence would only have done some good for his case. One imagines Joss might take a year out get his head down to do some writing and maybe some soul searching before coming back to Hollywood.

Btvs fan

Scooby
As you wish. "The Avengers" was brilliant, wasn't it?

:p
Meh, I wouldn't say it was bad and it was at least enjoyable but I wouldn't say it was brilliant. Banner is suddenly able to control the monster as Hulk by the end for well reasons, despite only the previous scene rampaging trying to kill Black Widow and his whole plot was he can't control it.
Thor tries to kill Cap for no real reason other than he decides to Whedon quip (ill put the hammer down) and Cap is only saved by his Shield which Thor couldn't have known about when he attacked him.
Plus the final 20 Min CIG fest I found boring when I first saw it. More so now.
All in all if you take away the fact that it's the first real Main Stream movie with all the Super heroes in it together, its not that great.
Personally I thought Winter Soldier after this was a much better movie

darkspook

Potential
I recently rewatched 'Avengers' with my girlfriend who hadn't seen it and I was awestuck at how much of it is filler. The whole attack on the helicarrier takes ages and the third act involves Loki flying around in a jet sky over New York. There are some good character moments between characters but others not so. Much has been made about the lack of Hawkeye but it's Thor for me who comes off worse with regards of how little he has to do. Considering it's Loki who is doing the attacking they are barely onscreen together and all he does is babysit the Hulk. I understand it was the first time bringing all the characters together and what a juggling act it was but multiple viewings don't help it.
'Age of Ulton' meanwhile is a very uneven mess all over the shop with regards to character and tone. Whedon's quips begin to grate after a while and again he can't write Thor giving him very little to do accept a bath of exposition. Ulton as a villian is weak with his master plan being throwing a giant rock at the earth?!

Taake

That's right, I'm watching you...
Staff member
Black Thorn
I’m going to close this thread, the investigation of topic is concluded and general Whedon talk is better put to use in a thread dedicated to that purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom