• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Aethra's Art

Aethra

Pineapples are FUN!
I promised TC I'd make this thread tonight after I made an episode-inspired-banner, so here I am.

So for a few years now, I've been very jelous of all you who can create wonderful fanart, and I recently got very fed up! So I set a goal, and I never set goals. I wanted to be decent in Photoshop by the end of the summer. A week of two ago I started fiddling, though I usually don't have time to do more than one thing every night or two.
My textures so far have come from misplaced and immortal kiss

I've done most of my experimenting in wallpapers, so I only have two banners done:

(that's for all you Bangels out there)

I only did one wallpaper with screencaps:
Fred/Gunn, because they just don't get enough love.

Then I moved onto promo/photoshoot art, which I rather liked!
James Marsters
Eliza Dushku
Alyson Hannigan
Amy Acker

And then there was this banner I completely forgot about that I made to go with the Alyson piece

That's all for now, there'll be more eventually.

Oh, and I'd like to thank my Spiritual Photoshop Guide who has been able to solve even the most ridiculous of my Photoshop problems, and who is not registered here (to the best of my knowledge...). So she won't know, but I'd like to thank her anyway.
As well as mentioning that edb's resource post has been a godsend!

Washburne
Washburne
New wallpaper? check. Looks amazing.
X
xgirlanachronism245x
kkkkudos. your art is wonderful.
L
Lou
Just love 'em....and I'm not just being nice, they have great "weight" and balance!

Willow Rosenberg

I might be just like you!
You have some really nice peices, especially as you say, you've only just begun creating with Photoshop! :D They are all very well blended, you've used textures well but they don't overpower the images, which is good - I would think that by the end of the summer you should be where you wanted to be with your photoshopping skills. :D

A
Aethra
Thanks, that is my hope!

Bangelxx

Fear the cheeseman;)
oooo they're really pretty! neat blending, i think you have some talent!! I absolutely ADORE the bangel one:) MAKE MORE!!!

A
Aethra
Coming from you that's quite a compliment! I'm not an overly-huge Bangel fan, so there won't be as much of it as others, but I might make some, just for you :)

Lindsey McDonald

Spirit Boy
Ok, everybody else can drool over the pictures, but I'm most impressed with the text. I've just started with photoshop too, and I find getting the text to look natural and not just plopped on top the most difficult part. Seriously well done!

A
Aethra
Thank you! The text is always a pain. I'm not always happy with it, but then I get frustrated and throw in the towel. Glad to know it looks good though!

DingOz

Townie
Oooh, Really great pieces... I can definitely get the emotion out of them, especially the Gentlemen one... Very creepy, and really well done text also! I really think text makes or breaks pieces of art! Lovely work!

The Chosen

Time is all around
Sineya
Wow! Remember how I promised that even if your stuff sucked I would lie and say it was amazing? I DON'T HAVE TO LIE! It's amazing! Like DingOz said, I can REALLY feel the emotion and power from each one of these pieces. It's amazing, K! I LOVE YOUR STUFF!

A
Aethra
Why thank you! And I appreciate your willingness to lie, btw!
L
Lou
I knew you were trouble! You always end up making me smile even when I don't wanna!

MSchett

Teeth,Claws,Breakup Sex..
i personally love the alyson hannigan one! also i love the trick you do with ur text

Angels baby101

I hath Returned! MWhaha
Wow your wallpapers are amazing.... but my favorite is definately the Fred/Gunn piece, your right they dont get enough love and they were one of my favorite Couples :D So its nice to see them get some recognition :)

A
Aethra
Yay! I thought I was alone!

Starlet

Potential
Wonderful stuff:)
I like your banners and Fred/Gunn wallpaper the most. It's beautiful.

Top Bottom