1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

After The Fall Characters

Discussion in 'Angel: After the Fall' started by white avenger, Jun 29, 2016.

1. white avenger

white avenger white avenger

Is it my imagination, or did just about everyone on "Angel" get more interesting once they all wound up in hell? Most notably, Kate and Connor, but vampire Gunn, thinking that he was still "good" while torturing the Slayer team, Wes, as the disembodied spirit guide, Illyria finally started to develop as a character, and even Angel, with his whole new load of brood-worthy problems.

vellavu likes this.
  2. Buffy Summers

Buffy Summers Yataro Staff Member

Sineya
    It's not your imagination (at least in my opinion). Connor, Kate, Gunn, Illyria are all much more interesting to me in After the Fall.

:)

vellavu likes this.
  3. Bluebird

Bluebird two by two, hands of blue

Black Thorn
    Yes, I think After the Fall did a great job with the characters, especially Kate and Connor. I thought it was an enjoyable miniseries, so much so that the rest of the Angel comics after that felt like a letdown.

Hunga Munga likes this.
  4. fauxindigo

fauxindigo Townie

Nina had become wild in After the fall which I thought was cool.

Gunn being a vamp was kind of sad but interesting from a character development perspective.

5. The Ferg

The Ferg Mine is an evil laugh!

Yea I think every character got slightly more interesting in AtF. Angel became a human, which he's always wanted but it would've been to nice to not be human at that particular point in time. Wesley "lives" out a satisfying conclusion to his character. Cordelia's appearance was about as perfect as it could've been. Gunn becoming a vampire was the perfect way to inject a bit of 'interesting' into his character, seeing as the lawyer storyline had come to an end. Even Spike and Lorne got to be actual heroes and leaders in the apocalypse.

...and that's just the main cast.

6. white avenger

white avenger white avenger

I would go so far as to say that that extended taste of humanity (The few hours in "I Will Remember You" didn't give him more than the briefest glimpse of what his life would be like) considering the kind of world he lives in was a real eye opener for him. As a mortal in hell, minus the speed, stamina, and healing powers that he had become used to for almost two centuries, I think that he came to realize that a beating heart and the ability to get a sun tan just might be too big a price to pay. And before anyone hollers,"Yeah, but he would live that mortal life with Buffy," her life is just as demon infested as his, so his humanity would be little more than an added burden on her, because he would be just one more mortal she would have to protect.