• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D season 6 discussion

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐶
Only started watching latest episode. Just wanted to say that Young Jemma is the most adorable funny little thing! :)

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
Okidoki, got my ep on, will catch up on the thread after :)
"
I am the sort of viewer that relies on the "previously on" update bit.

Awwww so adorable, how Fitz touches her hand first - to check if she is in reality. aw.

This does seem unsafe....such a shame brilliant minds tend to end in madness. I hope it doesnt here :/ Aw they sucking up this sop. Although he will soon see the wedding if all is shared... and his death.

Haha his little scream. Bit like Alice in Wonderland. Therapy will only open boxes that you can never close again.

I like Coulsons "you end up being the most changed by it" I agree.

What the heck is this slimey slayer thing. I HATE these brain machine things, remind me of MRIs, now days my head starts ringing everytime I have an x-ray, I had so many. Ow.

I feel like @Bluebird might be enjoying this episode. Diverse Iain, at it again. He does have the better acting skill of the two.

Ah moment of friends, bit buffy-esque. Honestly I find the fighting a bit much, I want to regress to my bedroom. This season seems somewhat intense within the relationships. Ok at least it ended in a lol.

I guess this is where the movies come in?

Bluebird

two by two, hands of blue
Black Thorn
@Octavia Yeah! I thought it could be self indulgent and a fan service of a bottle episode but it was beautifully written with specificity and detail to the characters. And acted brilliantly of course.

The latest episode seemed to be treading water, thought not in a bad way. I'm intrigued for future storylines. I'm looking forward to the Mack and Turbo reunion, their friendship is so sweet.

Twinkie

Townie
This episode felt a bit weak for me I mean not surprising after the last one. I didn't like them making that dumb decision by putting the two Shrikes together when they knew they were coming close together and the way Sarge was acting. I get why, it just felt too obvious that doing that would have been a very bad idea and do they only have one containment module because you'd think they would make at least 10 of those things but no or at least handcuff a prisoner to a railing.

Poor Daisy but at least she's handling her emotions a lot better than everyone else.

Sarge isn't wrong in a way but it was frustrating to see him playing with Mack's head but it's not shocking they would clash as Mack is not willing to sacrifice more human lives but I do feel he made a good choice in the end even though we know it's going to backfire. I have been enjoying Sarge so far and you can tell Clark Gregg is having so much fun.

Deke is still at it with Daisy and when will he realise that Agent Khan has more a chance getting with Daisy than he does at that. I am also glad they addressed the fact about no one telling Deke about Fitz and him being rightfully angry about the situation. I like him being apart of the team and I wonder if anyone is going to tell Daisy about Deke's simulation her.

Mack and Yoyo are grown ass adults yet they won't just deal with their problems and move forward.

I enjoyed the Fitzsimmons moments especially Fitz getting jealous of the guy hitting on Jemma.

I hope we get to see Enoch again this season.

I'm pretty sure that woman is the creator if she is that's going to be a little awkward.

Bluebird

Black Thorn
I liked this first part of the two parter - though I noticed a lot of people had guessed Izel was a bad guy already - is she though?

I'm still intrigued to find out the whole truth about Sarge, and the monoliths and his connection to Izel. Now that we know his DNA is an exact match for Coulson, to me that means he is Coulson, if just a version of him. He mentioned he was over a hundred years old, and the monolith that sent the gang into the future took them to hundred years later. That seems like more than a coincidence. Maybe he is Coulson and he's just forgot over the years, as he said earlier the name "rings a bell". He is also fiercely loyal to his family, like the original man.

Bluebird

Black Thorn
I love this show - it reminds me how I felt watching Buffy or Angel for the first time.

This one just gave me more questions! That scene when they're all together at the end, relaxing, and Davis is passed out and the camera is moving in a suggestive way and I just thought he was gonna Shrike crystallise right there and I wasn't prepared, but it was okay... for now. Looks like Davis and maybe May have been compromised.

Mack is still my beautiful man who just needs a big hug, and he got it from his Turbo. Man, I really hope we get another scene with them. I really enjoyed Mack's first introduction on the show, when he was helping Fitz with his brain injury without pussyfooting around the issue like others were. He treated him with respect and as an equal and that really resonated with me.

Bluebird

Black Thorn
Poor Davis. :(

I'm really getting an Angel season 6 vibe with this season 6 - as in the idea of exploring the two in one deal with Fred and Illyria and her relationship to the loved ones she left behind, but specifically about her being able to access Fred and her memories. I'm hoping this will mean Sarge and Coulson will separate into their two parts and we'll have OG Coulson back, at least for one big goodbye.

AndrewCrossett

Satsu Otaku
Sineya
My prediction is that this ends with Sarge/Pachacuti vacating the Coulson body, either voluntarily or through death, and then we'll be left with an exact duplicate of Coulson with all his own memories until he stepped into that rift. In other words, we'll have Coulson back. Maybe for next season too.

This reminds me of Dollhouse, where a person is the sum total of his or her memories.

HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
doubt it, but hope yer right

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
Sarge is frustrating, yet intriguing. I am loving May this season (but I think I love her every season). I am really keen for this show to be on my re-watch forever list.

I'm really getting an Angel season 6 vibe with this season 6 - as in the idea of exploring the two in one deal with Fred and Illyria and her relationship to the loved ones she left behind, but specifically about her being able to access Fred and her memories.
I didn't make that connection, but you are right now that it is mentioned!

This reminds me of Dollhouse, where a person is the sum total of his or her memories.
Ah true... I wonder if we will delve further into that than dollhouse did or if they are set to keep it on the lighter side - I can't imagine that going deep into that will be a popular thing (besides with fans like us!)

VisionGirl

Newly Human
Sineya
It’s a bit frustrating because the general internet seems to adore Daisy so much but I find her the least interesting female character on SHIELD and always have (I don’t hate her but have found her annoying at times). May has ALWAYS been my favorite with Simmons close behind. And Yoyo has really grown on me.

Bluebird

Black Thorn
I think it was hard for them to top last years finale but this was pretty good. There was a few lingering questions but we were left purposefully in the dark, so I get it. The only thing negative I had would be some to have more time to explore Coulson's memories in Sarge, cos that was really tragic and Clark played it with such pathos. He felt so lost at times. So less so with the Illyria type story with Coulson and a sidestep to LMD Coulson with Chronicom technology and a Chronicom invasion set up as a consquence of Izel destroying their home planet. Is that right? There was a lot to take in even if you have been keeping up the show. Now we're back to the early 30's, considering the Empire State Building is nearing completion. More time travel! More deaths that are taken back!

Gotta say though, even if I wasn't a fan of May's death and what seems like (seems like, maybe they did do a lot of work what with the time travel) an easy fix, Melinda May was so good in this finale. Watching her rise up with the sword in her hand with that look on her face just put a big smile on my face. She's been the best this season I think, along with Mack.

Bluebird

Black Thorn
I gotta say - I forgot to post about it - I'm glad Flint is back. I was surprised he didn't come back sooner but I thought it was inevitable cos he had a good bond and the kid is a fantastic actor. And he's super adorable. I love wee Flint. But... he was created by people's thoughts, he's technically not real. Does this mean Mack will have to go through another child dissolving in his arms? I wouldn't put it past this show. I thought Buffy and Angel put characters through the wringer. That was a light tickle compared to the horrorshow that is AoS lol.

AndrewCrossett

Satsu Otaku
Sineya
Since Flint was created by the monoliths, I hope he didn't vanish when they were destroyed. Since we know that they have been jumping between alternate universes (Deke is still here even though the future he came from will never happen), I'm hoping they took Flint from the alternate universe where that future does still exist, and he's real.

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
I am further behind than I thought :( I lost the flow and forgot a lot already. It is great to have a few eps to watch in a row though :)

So I am on ep 11 now. Mack makes Yoyo more tolerable. I really like Izel as a villain, the way she went from body to body was cool. Following a flow, like a dance :D And I always like this concept of taking the wheel of a host, Joss has done this a few times. It all comes back to Coulson - was his body ever really his after the first death? Is his consciousness still floating around? Can he really die? Lots of recycled ideas in this show but they are ideas that appeal to me. I wonder how the Nevers will go. Hmm is Izels world a spirit type realm? I am sure all these questions will be answered soon. I like that it all links to previous seasons, its keeps its own mythology tight.

OOOh super strong sarge is cool. Liking Daisy more now. Ancient doorways in ancient places always appeal to me. Hyped for the next ep! Hehe Flint is Yoyo and Macs thought baby.

Ep 12. I am well over this spinny camera work. Makes me look away and get distracted when the storyline is exactly my kind of thing. Giving me s2 AND s5 Buffy finale feelz. The team coming up with a plan before the battle with a bunch of different weapons, plus a 'demon' inside Sarge to be sent through an ancient rock portal. Oooh I am so excited to see what else comes! It's cool Flint is back on the team too.

The music (score?) is great as well, some shows miss the mark with that but Joss shows seem to nail it every time for me. Making it epic but not too overbearing. It really helps build the mood.

Deek is humorous, I'm so glad he is on the team. Haha "never been on a planet that is so into guns" They aren't on my island ;) Stylish fighting moves! Though I am pretty sure one shot would be enough ay? Oh maybe not haha. Bugger lots lol. Haha problems with wearable tech, singing my song! He's totally going to smash the back pack. I hope he doesn't die... just when I like him, he probably will now!

Oooh opening connections with vibrations, think the writers been reading the same sound healing books as me. Izel's singing face is so fake.

Noooo, ReverseBuffy, I knew this was coming and still didn't expect it!

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
Ok I stuffed the bunnies full of pellets so they'll be in a food coma, made a smoothie type desert for me, all set for the last ep :D

"Not like this, not like this" I am sure that's a recycled line too. Trying to figure out exactly where it was from. Hahah Enoch phone. Surely he's not been killed yet.

The zombies are scary. When did Sarge get a bit sexy? Space demons. I bet I could replicate those rocks for fandom craft. Is May immortal now? :D The Three, I guess it was a good sounding name to use again. 3 rocks, 3 space demons, 3 states of the monolith thingies. Seems far less atheist than Joss promotes.

Enoch to the rescue! I love how GrumpyGramps Fitz is already a reality 🤣 Yoyo gets threatened a lot, just kill her off already. Daisy destroyer of worlds, destroy the space demon world! Red vs Black, thats gona make for some cool fandom art! Still surprised there are not more Buffy fans on to this.

Mac just keeps going and going. No match is true. Ooh its the father daughter face off we never got with Buffy and Giles. Woo Mac and his magic sword! I love this show haha. What a great finale, with a twist at the end.

Well that was a jump for the mind. I hope Gemma and Fitz arent broken up for long time but it looks that way :( must be to protect his location from what is to come. RoboCoulson, cool way to get him back on board. I am psyched for the next season. Nice to have a show that is unpredictable!

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐶
Well that was...something. Since we had future SHIELD. Guess it's time for past SHIELD. ;) Looks like this is how we'll meet Agent Carter. Wonder where er when Fitz is? Simmons says that she doesn't er can't know where he is? 🤔 Really hope that they don't spend half the season having them searching for each other again. 😩 Those two are so great together, and I'm not just talking about them as a couple. They're just so much fun on screen together. 20th century SHIELD here we come! :D

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
we'll meet Agent Carter.
I really hope we do! And Victor from dollhouse too!

What's the guess on how long Fitzsimmons had to prepare? Gemma seemed like she had spent a great deal of time around robots. Not so long that she'd noticeably age though.

Does this mean Mack will have to go through another child dissolving in his arms? I wouldn't put it past this show. I thought Buffy and Angel put characters through the wringer. That was a light tickle compared to the horrorshow that is AoS lol.
Yes, Mack and Yoyo are a good match through all the horror of their lives and firm brave faces. I love that Flint is their thought baby haha, he'll only add to the team.

May was amazing. The fight scenes were perfect. There was a definite thread of desire through Izels actions, from her first interaction with fitzsimmons through to her last discussion with Sarge. Was May saved by a deep seeded Coulson desire to keep her alive by pushing her through the portal? Im glad shes not gone for good. Are they bringing her back with the same tahiti tech? The resurrection of Coulson is reminiscent of the AI's in the 100 (such a shame the 100 didn't use that idea better). Does it make him immortal in mind?

Top Bottom