• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Alexa Davalos Filmography

Status
Not open for further replies.

Washburne

Protector of the key.
Black Thorn
Birth Name: Alexa Davalos Dunas
Birthdate: 28 May 1982 making her a Aries
Birthplace: Paris (France)
Height: 5'8'' - 173 cm

"¢ Alexa is Greek.
"¢ Alexa is fluent in English, Greek, and French.
"¢ Alexa's an only child.
"¢ Alexa's dad is photographer Jeff Dunas.
"¢ Alexa's mom is actress Elyssa Davalos.
"¢ Alexa's grandfather Richard Davalos acted aside James Dean.
"¢ Alexa is the niece of Dominique Davalos.
"¢ Alexa's a former model.

Mini biography
Alexa Davalos Dunas was born in Paris, France on May 28, 1982; and although born in France she comes from Greek decent. An only child fluent in English, Greek, and French; Alexa relocated to Los Angeles from New York. She made her first screen appearance in John Frankenheimer's "Riviera" when she was 3. Her love of performing took root when her family relocated to New York City and Davalos became involved with ballet. Following her mother (Elyssa Davalos, a notable television and theater actress) and grandfather (Richard Davalos, legendary for his performance as James Dean's brother in "East of Eden") from set to set allowed Davalos a unique insight into the world of acting.

Throughout Davalos' childhood, her mother continued training with Stella Adler. Davalos sat in on some of those classes and remembers the experience as having a profound impact on her desire to act. In her early teen years, she spent most of her time on location or in the theater with her mother, doing anything to be involved. It was also around this time that she made her first commercial with Patty Hansen.

She has worked as a model with such prominent photographers as Peter Lindbergh and her father, Jeff Dunas, and has been studying acting in New York at The New School and working at the renowned Flea Theater.

Personal Quotes
"¢ I always was interested, and always was fascinated by the idea of doing a science fiction film because there's no boundaries "“ it's free will of the imagination, and that I've always loved.
"¢ I had 2 months of training prior to this film starting and everything from wire-work to fight choreography and weapon training and shooting guns and everything you could think of. (Chronicles of Riddick reference)
"¢ I would never close any doors to anything and if it were a character that I loved regardless, I would definitely give it thought but that is my first love, film.
"¢ (about her action figure): It's so bizarre. I like it. It's a funny thing to look at this little miniature toy, this tangible replica of yourself is funny but it's a huge compliment really, I'm flattered by it.
"¢ (about her fans): I know that they're incredibly loyal which is wild, it's wonderful.
"¢ I'm a big dork.
"¢ I'm an avid reader, I guess you could say I'm a bit of a bookworm.
"¢ I'm desperate to go to Australia. I'm always working on my Australian accent.
"¢ I love to travel and I travel as often as I can. I don't stay in one place too long.
"¢ I'm reading Mutant Message Down Under which is a story of a woman, this aboriginal tribe in Australia, and I read a bunch of different things at once actually.
"¢ Being raised in France primarily as a child I spent a lot of time in the south of France and all through Italy and we traveled so much. I think that's why I'm so used to being all over the place.
"¢ Nina Simone is one of my all time favorites. The Gypsy Kings. A bit off beat my collection of music.
"¢ I'm doing a bit of boxing here and there, which I did train with for the film and yoga to kind of counteract that. Just the little things here and there.
"¢ I danced for a bit as a child, I did ballet and I was a bit of a swimmer but I was never an athlete until this and now I love it.
"¢ I had lots of nicks and cuts and bruises and things but I have my Riddick war wounds to prove my hard work, so it's ok.
"¢ Latex is very uncomfortable to wear. It's very hot, it's very uncomfortable. Yes, it's like wearing a balloon just that you can't breathe. So yes I prefer the Kyra outfit by far [to Gwen's].

Filmography

Movies
Coastlines "“ 2002 as Eddie Vance's girlfriend
The Chronicles of Riddick "“ 2004 as Kyra
Feast of Love "“ 2007 as Chloe Barlow
The Mist "“ 2007 as Sally
Defiance "“ 2008 as Lilka Ticktin
Clash of the Titans "“ 2010 as Andromeda

Tv
Untitled Secret Service Project -2002 as Eliza Randolph
And Starring Pancho Villa as Himself (Movie) "“ 2003 as Teddy Sampson
Surrender, Dorothy (Movie) "“ 2006 as Sara