• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Alexa Davalos Reference and Links

GATEGOD

Anyanka

Alexa Davalos

Name : Alexa Davalos
Birth Date : 28 May 1982,
Birth Place : Paris, France
Birth Name : Alexa Davalos Dunas
Height : 5' 7" (1.70 m)
Profession : Actress

Bios

Alexa Davalos Netgimse Bio

Last September, Davalos was seen opposite Antonio Banderas in the HBO original film "And Starring Pancho Villa as Himself." Directed by Bruce Beresford, the film is based on the story of Mexican revolutionary Pancho Villa, who made a deal with legendary Hollywood director D.W. Griffith and Harry Aitken to help the filmmakers stage the first Hollywood action movie by essentially putting the cameras right in the middle of battle. Davalos played Teddy Sampson, a young actress starring in the film whose acting chops allowed her to portray someone else after cameras stopped rolling. Jim Broadbent and Eion Bailey also starred. "And Starring Pancho Villa as Himself" was nominated for a Critic's Choice Award.

In 2002, Davalos starred in "The Ghost of F. Scott Fitzgerald," Charles Lyons' directorial debut. This short film follows James Powell, a college senior, who falls for Bess Gunther, played by Davalos, a sophomore. However, the attractive Bess is deeply in love with F. Scott Fitzgerald, or "Scotty," as she likes to call him. The obsession leads Bess down a road James prefers not to follow. Years later, he wonders whether she's the one that got away. Charlie Hofheimer also stars. The film was an official selection to the 2002 Toronto Film Festival.

That same year, Davalos starred in Disturbing the Peace, the directorial debut of noted writer Mark Bomback for the 2002 Sundance Institute's Director's Lab. The project is writer/director Bomback's adaptation of a Richard Yates novel. The story follows a suburbanite who thinks his life should be so extraordinary he makes rash decisions in the hopes of attaining it. Davalos stars as a young woman who has an affair with him to test the boundaries of her power over men.

She is the daughter of actress Elyssa Davalos, Alexa Davalos, a former France model, has appeared in such films as The Chronicles of Riddick (2004), And Starring Pancho Villa as Himself (2003, TV), and The Ghost of F. Scott Fitzgerald (2002). Her notable TV guest appearances including Angel and Undeclared.

----------

Alexa Davalos PerfectPeople.net Bio

Davalos was born Alexa Davalos Dunas in France, daughter of actress Elyssa Davalos and a photographer father, and granddaughter of American actor Richard Davalos. She is of French, Dutch and Greek descent. Davalos speaks French fluently.

Davalos made her feature film debut starring in The Chronicles of Riddick as Kyra. In September 2003, Davalos was seen opposite Antonio Banderas in the HBO original film And Starring Pancho Villa as Himself. Davalos played Teddy Sampson, a young actress starring in the film whose acting chops allowed her to portray someone else after cameras stopped rolling. Jim Broadbent and Eion Bailey also starred. And Starring Pancho Villa as Himself won "Best Picture Made for Television" in the Broadcast Film Critics Association's Critics' Choice Awards.

In 2002, Davalos starred in The Ghost of F. Scott Fitzgerald, Charles Lyons' directorial debut. This short film follows James Powell, a college senior, who falls for Bess Gunther, played by Davalos, a sophomore. However, the attractive Bess is deeply in love with F. Scott Fitzgerald, or "Scotty", as she likes to call him. The obsession leads Bess down a road James prefers not to follow. Years later, he wonders whether she's the one that got away. Charlie Hofheimer also stars. The film was an official selection to the 2002 Toronto Film Festival.

That same year, Davalos starred in Disturbing the Peace, the directorial debut of noted writer Mark Bomback for the 2002 Sundance Institute's Director's Lab. The project is writer/director Bomback's adaptation of a Richard Yates novel. The story follows a suburbanite who thinks his life should be so extraordinary he makes rash decisions in the hopes of attaining it. Davalos stars as a young woman who has an affair with him to test the boundaries of her power over men.

Davalos also appeared as the mutant Gwen Raiden in three episodes of the TV show Angel and in 2005 co-starred in the Fox show Reunion.
----------

Link to Bio from Wikipedia

Alexa Davalos Trivia from IMDB.com

Trivia

* Former model.

* She is the daughter of actress Elyssa Davalos.

* Speaks fluent French.

* Is an only child

* Is a former model.

* Grandaughter of actor Richard Davalos.

* Niece of Dominique Davalos.

Alexa Davalos Bio - Alexa Davalos Biography - Alexa Davalos Stories

Quotes
Alexa: It's just more experience, it was more experience to get me here I guess.
Alexa: They are such different, different, different things and the process is so different working in film versus television and the length of time that you have and the time that you have to explore everything because it's so different.
Alexa: We had 5 minutes of training. 5 minutes before the thing went on; I thought I was going to have a heart-attack. No, not at all. No, we had Mike stunt coordinator there who taught me everything in 5 minutes.
Alexa: Latex is very uncomfortable to wear. It's very hot, it's very uncomfortable. Yes, it's like wearing a balloon just that you can't breathe.
Alexa: I would never close any doors to anything and if it were a character that I loved regardless, I would definitely give it thought but that is my first love, film.
Alexa (about her action figure): It's so bizarre. I like it. It's a funny thing to look at this little miniature toy, this tangible replica of yourself is funny but it's a huge compliment really, I'm flattered by it.
Alexa: You deal with it differently in every circumstance but I haven't had much exposure to that so I don't know yet.
Alexa (about her fans): I know that they're incredibly loyal which is wild, it's wonderful.
Alexa: There was a sort of mentor apprentice sort of energy there and she very much wanted to be like him as we see with the shaved head and all the different things, so in The Chronicles Of Riddick she really does want to be like him and move like him and be as good as him and make him proud and make him know that she can handle herself and so that was part of the character work as well.
Alexa: I'm a big dork.
Alexa: I'm an avid reader, I guess you could say I'm a bit of a bookworm.
Alexa: I'm desperate to go to Australia.
Alexa: I'm always working on my Australian accent.
Alexa: I love to travel and I travel as often as I can. I don't stay in one place too long.
Alexa: I'm reading Mutant Message Down Under which is a story of a woman, this aboriginal tribe in Australia, and I read a bunch of different things at once actually.
Alexa: Being raised in France primarily as a child I spent a lot of time in the south of France and all through Italy and we traveled so much. I think that's why I'm so used to being all over the place.
Alexa: It was a long string of auditions though the first one there was a lot of time between the first one and the rest of them.
Alexa: I just hope to just carry on one step at a time and allow it to take its course really.
Alexa: But my kiwi accent is better though...
Alexa (about the casting process): They are very respectful that way, it's nice. We don't end up all in one place, I think that would be just traumatizing.
Alexa: I think it's a conscious choice of how you you're your life and what you allow to affect you and what you don't.
Alexa: Nina Simone is one of my all time favorites. The Gypsy Kings. A bit off beat my collection of music.
Alexa: Just from the very beginning someone who portrays herself as a boy to protect herself is very telling of her character and I think to bring that element throughout the story and throughout her challenges within herself.
Alexa: I'm doing a bit of boxing here and there, which I did train with for the film and yoga to kind of counteract that. Just the little things here and there.
Alexa: I think for 6 months, you're doing this every single day and so that was the maintenance and then since we finished the film, I've been keeping it up a bit because it kind of sticks with you, the feeling that it gives is nice.
Alexa: I think she's [her character in Chronicles Of Riddick] got a lot of internal emotional battling going on and so to try and make those things clear was definitely a challenge.
Alexa: I danced for a bit as a child, I did ballet and I was a bit of a swimmer but I was never an athlete until this and now I love it.
Alexa: I had lots of nicks and cuts and bruises and things but I have my Riddick war wounds to prove my hard work, so it's ok.
Alexa: I had 2 months of training prior to this film starting and everything from wire-work to fight choreography and weapon training and shooting guns and everything you could think of.
Alexa: There are so many elements to her [her character in Chronicles Of Riddick] and so many different layers.
Alexa: You know what, at first it was definitely daunting and I think to step into the shoes that someone else has worn is always going to be a bit awkward but she, Rhianna gave me a real gift, a real gift in the foundation of this character and all I can do is thank her and hope that I did her justice.
Links

The complete credits of Alexa Davalos from IMDB.com

YouTube - Reunion Interview about Alexa Davalos

YouTube - Alexa Davalos

YouTube - The Chronicles of Riddick Interview #1

Top Bottom