• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Amber Benson and Oscar Pistorius

Professor Walsh

Feminist slayerette
Black Thorn
This autumn, I became aware of a film called "Oscar Pistorius: Blade Runner Killer". My first reaction was one of disdain; I dislike the title and am tired of the focus on him. I would rather see a movie about Reeva Steenkamp, to be honest, just because I am tired of men killing their girlfriends/wives/ex-wives.

What did catch my eye, was that Amber Benson has written the movie. Now, I haven't really seen much of her post-BtVS work. Still, my impression of her is that she is a person of a certain integrity. I am curious of what her reasoning was for working with this film. Has anyone here seen her speak of it or seen the film?

W

WillowFromBuffy

I think there are a lot of interesting facets to the story, such as the way he used his popularity to try to get away with it.

I am not a big fan of biopics or issue-movies, but I trust Amber. She wouldn't write anything vulgar.

Professor Walsh

Feminist slayerette
Black Thorn
Yes, I can easily see why the story is "filmable", to put it that way. And often can I enjoy a biopic, "A Beautiful Mind" and "The Imitation Game" both spring to mind. My "active lack of interest" stems from a recent tiredness of our fascination with the murderer while the victim becomes a parenthesis.

Top Bottom