• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Angel and Faith as a couple?

Stephan

It's a great show. But no need to get all riled up
Do you think that they could have been a good couple? If yes, why and when? If not, why?

Ceadsearc03

Potential
No. He was great as a friend for her. I think a romantic entanglement would have ruined that role. And I can’t see him hurting Buffy like that, knowing what Faith did to her.

K
katmobile
It's more the first part than the second but yeah. Angel is Faith's sponsor and mentor - it's more a father/daughter relationship than one that would grow into a romantic one. Also I think he knows she needs a healthy relationshp that isn't sexual.

Ceadsearc03

Potential
I also feel like in the early part of when they knew each other, it would have been Angel taking advantage of her mental state if anything happened.

Later, it just would have been odd, like trying to bring romance to a familial relationship.

white avenger

white avenger
The way that their relationship developed on the two shows, it became more of a big brother/little sister thing, as much or even more so than Xander and Buffy, only in their case, it was big sister/little brother. I know that there are both Fangel and Bander shippers out there, but I, personally, just see it as one just step short of incest.

NeddaSai

Potential
They had a great dynamic, making it romantic would probably ruin that so I'd also say no..

thrasherpix

Scooby
Big no. They are just not compatible in this way. I'd be uncomfortable with Faith essentially treating him like Xander (and so many others), and even more so if Angel decides to "tame her" so she can settle down with (cling to) one man. That, and Faith was a bit too broken so Angel had way too much power over her, and I could see him stalking her even as Angel if she bugged out (as she would).

Stephan

It's a great show. But no need to get all riled up
Sigh... clearly I'm in the minority :(.

Last edited by a moderator:

Angel6

Potential
Not for me either some really good points from made earlier. Father-daughter is a good way of looking at it.

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
No, I like them as friends, he's someone she actually cares about.

FaithLehane16

"Five by Five."
This is my backup ship when Buffy is no longer in the picture. I see potential in Angel and Faith because of what we've seen. Plus Faith has better compatibility with Angel than Cordelia ever did. Angel's curse would need to be lifted.

katmobile

Scooby
I think Faith needs more people that she ships with aren't sexual. Angel's her sponsor and then she becomes his support. I can see Faith with some people in the comics but not Angel - the support they offer each other would be comprised if they got horizontal.

white avenger

white avenger
Angel's curse would need to be lifted.
Not necessarily. I'm not a fan of this particular ship, but as we saw with Nina, Angel actually can be with a girl who he is genuinely affectionate for, just as long as it's that "99.99999 infinitum percent" thing that Wes talked about. Apparently, it's only Buffy who rings that particular bell for him.

Faith 2019

Woman verses Woman
A couple? Sure, a couple of badass fighters.

But basically Nope. It's one of the best bromances in the 'verse but there was never any romantic chemistry there.
Would Buffy and Faith accept having the same boyfriend?

Very few women would call each others friends, and one being the exgirlfriend and the other the current girlfriend to the same man.

Top Bottom