• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Angel and Faith as a couple?

Faith 2019

Woman verses Woman
I never really see romantic interest in Angel from Faith's pov (and even more so vice versa) and Buffy wouldn't like Fangel at all, never.
I seen more romantic interest with Buffy and Faith than with Angel and Faith. Even when Angel was faking a romantic interest with Faith to get her to confess, it just felt fake and that was because of the bad script.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
Apparently, it's only Buffy who rings that particular bell for him.
Which is part of the problem when it comes to Angel's relationships, Angelus becomes a marker. With any subsequent relationship Angel has, unless Angelus comes out to play, it means that the woman he's with doesn't make him feel as truly happy as his ex (Buffy) did.

Now with most women, it wouldn't be an issue if Angel employed an "ignorance is bliss" tactic. By not mentioning Angelus or his curse, Angel would be able to let the woman believe she makes him truly happy whilst he alone knows the truth. The fact that he is essentially lying to her and continues to do so would also prevent him from feeling truly happy which keeps Angelus in check. The only question is how long Angel can cope with lying before feeling the need to confess.

However, this is a big flashing neon sign of a problem for Cangel. Cordelia knows about Angelus and what it takes to bring him out, therefore she knows she's second-best to Buffy because she can't make Angel feel the way Buffy did. Even if she tried, she's irresponsibly deliberately running the risk of Angelus. There is no way Cordelia wins in a comparison to Buffy.

This isn't about Angel rating his girlfriends, what he felt for Buffy was just as legitimate as what he felt for Darla when he was Angelus, it's about the fact that Cordy knows too much and has been in the scooby inner circle. That link is there, she knows Buffy and thus knows she'll always be second-best for Angel. The real Cordelia would never settle for that.

I never really see romantic interest in Angel from Faith's pov (and even more so vice versa) and Buffy wouldn't like Fangel at all, never.
Agreed. Faith has done too many bad things to Buffy to the point that Buffy would never accept her being with Angel. Whilst it's not up to Buffy who Angel can and can't date, there's a difference between Angel coupling up with a female werewolf Buffy doesn't know and coupling up with the woman who not only tried to frame Buffy for murder but also stole her body and essentially raped both Riley and Buffy. It's basically a massive kick in the teeth.

Even when Angel was faking a romantic interest with Faith to get her to confess, it just felt fake and that was because of the bad script.
It felt fake because it was fake and Faith was too blind to see it. She was so focussed on taking what Buffy had that she didn't realise that the real Angelus wouldn't play her little game, he would've killed her.

white avenger

white avenger
However, this is a big flashing neon sign of a problem for Cangel.
I'm not really sure that this would be all that much of a problem with Cordy as she evolved in "Angel." Sunnydale Cordelia, yes. She would have to know that she was Number One in her man's heart, whoever that man happened to be, but Cordy, as she had developed and matured by Season 3 of "Angel," most likely wouldn't need that. she would know that sometimes there actually is victory in being Number Two, and realize that she could give Angel something that he would never be able to have with Buffy, which, when you come right down to it, is actually the main point . Call that humility, or just plain common sense. She wouldn't have to be the greatest love of Angel's life to be the best one for him to love.

(This is why I always thought that Nina would have been so good for Angel, if their relationship had been able to develop for another Season or two. She seemed to be okay with the idea of being the 99.9999 ad infinitum percent love of his life.)

thrasherpix

Scooby
My memory is vague on it, but I'm pretty sure Cordelia once told Angel in a snarky way that she'd make sure he was never perfectly happy while with her.

Top Bottom