1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Angel And Faith Romantically Involved?

Discussion in 'Angel & Faith: Season 9' started by white avenger, Nov 6, 2012.

1. white avenger

white avenger white avenger

What would your reaction be if, for whatever reason, magic spell, sheer animal lust, or deeply romantic interlude, long term, one night stand, or something in between, Angel and Faith became romantically involved this season?

2. iShower4free

iShower4free Scooby

I would have mixed feelings about it. I like faith and everything and if Angel couldnt be with Buffy I wouldn't mind him being with Faith but I feel like that would close the window for Buffy and Angel if they were to get together. idk

3. HisMrs

HisMrs The Walking BED

Sineya
    I think it would be a natural, beautiful and organic growth of a relationship between two people who deeply understand each other.

4. ladydorotea

ladydorotea Scooby

Faith getting drunk or over-dozed on any sort of mind-suppressing drug will do it. She mainly needs to forget that when Angel really feels happy he looses his soul and feel comfy about being second or third best, thus being OK with 'it feels like mine so it must be yours' clause. So, basically any time if Faith is to feel like used goods afterwards, and never really. But of course if it is all about Spuffy, then who really cares about Faith?

5. iShower4free

iShower4free Scooby

I like Faith and I would want better for her than for Angel to have to settle for her. I know Angel isnt the type who would just "settle" but she is never gonna be Buffy to him and you know that the second Buffy wants him back thats where he will be. Faith is 2nd on my list though for woman I would want Angel to be with.

S Rou likes this.
  6. white avenger

But that is pretty much exactly what he did with Nina in Season 5, and what's more, both of them knew it at the time. Whatever anyone feels about Angel's eternal feelings for Buffy, we have seen that he can have genuine feelings for other women, most notably Cordy and, to a lesser degree (sadly, there was never time for anything more to develop) for Nina. As Wes said, 99.99999 in finitum percent of the people in this world are perfectly happy with "almost perfect"happiness. Considering Angel's curse, he and Buffy can never be together, and the fact that, with magic gone (and the Shanshu Prophecy with it) that isn't likely to ever change. Buffy hasn't shown any great desire to remain celibate, and I see no real reason for Angel to, either. Maybe Faith could actually get him to stop brooding so much and get on with his (un)life.

7. ladydorotea

ladydorotea Scooby

And that's exactly why there always were about .00000001 % audience interested in that relationship, and why it was quickly and embarrassed-ly swept under the carpet in all and any Angel comics. I mean, Chris Gage just did the wisest thing with Nina's character that anybody could have thought of - got her married off screen.

And Joss swiftly but no less efficiently - although in much much more evil manner dealt with 'any other women'. Do you think the whole recent ordeal of getting Angel focused solely on Buffy for now three or four years was done to bring him together 'with any other women' in the end ? I suspect that any Angel centric romance at this point on is equal death , insanity or worse to the female side of such a dalliance.

I am OK with Angel brooding. We love him this way. And since magic might just come back - so will the possibility of Shanshu. Relax. We will have years and years of more possible Bangel yet to come in the comics. LOL

iShower4free: yes, yes, and more yes!!!! :D
    janas: wowowowo :D
  8. thetopher

thetopher Member of the Church Of Faith

Sineya
    The focus of this equation seems to be on Angel, and his feelings for Buffy. I have far more time fore Faith, whos' never actually been in a proper relationship (apart from with Wood...'cause that happened for some reason, no denying it.)

I personally think Faith sees Angel as a big brother, a true friend who has her back and she will do likewise for him. So, no I wouldn't like to see her go down 'the Buffy path' with a vampire, and certainly not with one of Buffy's exe's.

I would want her to find somebody new, separate from the whole vampire thing. (I always thought her and Gunn would be a nice couple- and since he's still around...)

As far as I can see the only person Faith has ever been in love with was Buffy, so here's hoping! :)

9. white avenger

Could Faith's one night stand with Wood really be considered any sort of "proper" relationship, though? The only thing that we know for sure was that Faith brushed him off afterwards, and the only reason she even considered anything beyond that one time is because he pretty much belittled her skills at sex. The next thing that we hear about them is Faith referring to Wood as her "ex" in Season 9. I suppose that the status of ex would signify that Wood at some point did get his chance to surprise Faith, but maybe the surprise wasn't all that world moving for her, at least not over any length of time.

I do agree, Faith is sorely in need of something real, something more than just scratching a primal itch or taking the edge off just before a big fight, and that's one of the reasons for this thread. Faith needs someone who she actually cares about, who genuinely cares about her, and at the moment, just about the only candidate in the entire Buffyverse happens to be Angel.

Or maybe Andrew, but I just can't imagine that happening anytime in the next eon or two.

10. Xin Rong

Xin Rong Killed by Dissertation

I would hate it, it would completely undermine the basis of their whole relationship, and it would provide anti-Faith people with another excuse to hate her, and allow Buffy to hate her.

For me, it would be the equivalent of Donna Noble sh**ing the doctor, just no!

Blaze likes this.
  11. thetopher

thetopher Member of the Church Of Faith

Sineya
    Oh, I should've made it clear I loathe the Faith/Wood pairing, but it happened unfortunatly! The Season 8 comics are set about eighteen months after the end of the series and when Wood contacts Faith at the beginning of 'No Future For You' she mentions their relationship as exe's (not something you'd do for a one-nighter). And the inference being that he ended things with her (judging by her reactions to him)
    I always thought it was was weird that Wood, who's Mother was a slayer- and that fact seemed to have shaped his life, would fall for a slayer (Mommie issues?). He even tells Buffy (after their first date) 'you kind of remind me of her- my Mom I mean' :eek:. Gee, that's what a girl longs to hear.

Oh, and as for him belittling Faith's 'bedroom skills', we're talking about a slayer here, okay. If she actually gave a crap about the guy (and wasn't just obviously lonely and horny- three years in prison will do that...) I'm sure she would've rocked his world (she left an impression of Xander over a year later...) :D

And, yeah Faith's closest friend is Angel, but he's her friend, and pretty much the only one at the moment.:(

Samuel Reyes: Yeah, Wood had an oedipal slayer obsession...
  12. Joan the Vampire Slayer

Joan the Vampire Slayer Carpe Spuffy!

I'm sort of on the fence with this one.

On one hand, I love Angel and Faith's relationship, how they relate to each other, and their bond. They truly understand each other, and seem to support each other unconditionally. They are incredibly similar, and see each other and equals. I wouldn't want that ruined with romance.

But on the other hand, maybe it's just what I listed that would make them a great couple.

How is After the Fall going? Are they alluding to this possibility, or is this just wishful thinking on your part? Do they have feelings for each other? I haven't been reading.

But if they did get together, I'd prefer it be on their own terms, and by their own free will, not a spell.

13. white avenger

I agree that Nina's character wasn't going to be developed in any way after the show left the air, but where was there any embarrassment involved with the character? And swept under the rug? Other than mentioning that she had gotten married, how is Nina any different than Connor, Gunn, or Lorne, none of whom we've heard anything about lately? Angel has been under Twilight's control through Season 8, and in England in Season 9. None of those characters were in the Twilight story, and none of them followed him to England, but I really don't consider that as being "swept under the rug," they simply haven't been included in the story line.

14. amberjane

amberjane Potential

i like their development, but they couldnt develop towards a relationship logically. i think in faiths case, she would feel too guilty considering before when she wanted angel it was to spite buffy. he is one of the few people that supports her and she recognizes that, she knows nothing comes of her sexual experiences besides a good time, so i dont think she would willingly damage her relationship with angel.

i could see angel developing feelings somewhere down the road- hes attracted to strong, compassionate women, and if he can fall for cordy theres a chance he could fall for anybody. especially witnessing faiths growth as a person, its possible on his end.

if it developed well enough, id be all for it. theres already more development than he ever had with buffy (teenage love at first sight crap more or less), which is already a plus. and if they choose to develop it like how cordy realized she loved angel, i will probably rip the comic out of frustration.

mostly there would be problems because she would be compared to buffy on a level that would reduce her character, similar to how spike and angel revert when around buffy. i think buffys opinion, bc theres no way she would keep her mouth shut like she did with cordy assuming she was aware off panel, faiths inferiority complex to buffy would be at its highest.

15. Blaze

Blaze Let it Burn

Black Thorn
    I would hate it.

One, because why is it that two characters, male and female, with a deep understanding and friendship always gotta end up together. Okay, in some situation it's appropriate, but that trope has been done to death, I don't want to see it.

Two, Angel with Faith, Faith with Angel, hell no. I just don't ship it. I like that Faith is a character that has never been defined by her relationships. How many of those characters can you count, that's right, almost none.

16. Samuel Reyes

Samuel Reyes Chilling in SunnyD

No. Angel was the one person in her life who never 'used' her. That's pretty special, and it can't afford to be clouded by any sort of romantic entanglement. Faith and Angel are friends to the end.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
  17. white avenger

We've reached a point in Angel's story where he will be returning home after finding out that Buffy, the real one this time, has a new lover, just like what happened in "The Girl In Question." It'll be interesting to see if history repeats itself, and we see Angel in bed with someone else within the next few issues. If so, the only candidates at the moment seem to be Faith or Fred, so this question may be answered within the next few months.

18. Samuel Reyes

Samuel Reyes Chilling in SunnyD

I don't think it will be either, and I don't think it should be either... but if the writers were to do it, I'm curious as to how they would handle it. Yes, in spite of my earlier claims, it seems my curiosity has gotten the better of me. :D

It would also be pointless to introduce a new character to be Angel's love interest after he's just come back from visiting Buffy, sooo...

19. Ember

Ember To kill this girl, you have to love her.

I'd be OK with it.

Buffy boned Spike after all so she could hardly take the moral high ground.

I could imagine Faith and Angel sharing a night or two but reverting back to friendship.

I'd prefer it if Buffy never knew tho.

20. The Bronze

The Bronze GraceZ

Black Thorn
    I hope it doesn't happen. Angel is still a vampire and still cursed. Every problem that caused him to walk away from Buffy originally is still present and so I don't see how he could realistically get romantically involved with anyone else and expect a different outcome.

As for Faith I don't think she's shown the slightest bit of interest in Angel as a romantic partner since her evil days. Most if not all of that was to do with getting one over on Buffy. I don't think the pairing makes any sense for either them.