• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Angel And Faith Romantically Involved?

Taake

Raise your hand if... EW
Staff member
Black Thorn
Angel could never be foolish enough again to feel 100% happy and as we saw in S4 of Ats it would take more than sex for him to be totally happy.
While I agree that he's not the same manpire anymore :p I have to say... can Angel really control to never feel 100% happy again? I mean, I know Nina and he pokes fun after sex and her jabbing at him with a stake, but I mean... say he got into a relationship with X and slowly and gradually happiness sneaks up on him? It's not like a pinch after whoopie is gonna make a lick of difference. If you fall in love you "fall" in love, which indicates a certain lack of control, meaning that Angel would have to make sure not to get overly attached to X in this scenario for their relationship to work... and that just seems sad.

This bloody curse has got to go, basically.

(And yes, I'm writing X because I don't really want to imagine Angel and Faith)

badsister
badsister
I interpreted X as Xander...and was like what did i miss

thrasherpix

Scooby
Love is actually a miserable feeling for many. Since Angel knows he can't really enjoy it, it would impede his ability to be happy.

That said, I have to put out effort to not see Angelus returning as Angel falls in (a religious, non-erotic) love with Jasmine (once Jasmine shows complete love and forgiveness of him), even if the show did bring that up...I like to think that Jasmine was helping the curse not activate by her will (by the time she realized Angel was no longer hers then Angel instead knew complete despair to he was no longer in immanent danger of losing his soul).

badsister
badsister
ugh angel and his curseblocker :(

MarieVampSlayer

Bloody hell, Sodding, blimey, shagging, knickers..
Sineya
While I agree that he's not the same manpire anymore :p I have to say... can Angel really control to never feel 100% happy again? I mean, I know Nina and he pokes fun after sex and her jabbing at him with a stake, but I mean... say he got into a relationship with X and slowly and gradually happiness sneaks up on him? It's not like a pinch after whoopie is gonna make a lick of difference. If you fall in love you "fall" in love, which indicates a certain lack of control, meaning that Angel would have to make sure not to get overly attached to X in this scenario for their relationship to work... and that just seems sad.

This bloody curse has got to go, basically.

(And yes, I'm writing X because I don't really want to imagine Angel and Faith)
Funny I wrote that a while ago and now I don't even agree with myself anymore!

Mrs Gordo
Mrs Gordo
That happens to me all the time!

Taake

Raise your hand if... EW
Staff member
Black Thorn
Love is actually a miserable feeling for many. Since Angel knows he can't really enjoy it, it would impede his ability to be happy.
Really? Guess I'll have to take your word on that.

That said, I have to put out effort to not see Angelus returning as Angel falls in (a religious, non-erotic) love with Jasmine (once Jasmine shows complete love and forgiveness of him), even if the show did bring that up...I like to think that Jasmine was helping the curse not activate by her will (by the time she realized Angel was no longer hers then Angel instead knew complete despair to he was no longer in immanent danger of losing his soul).
I was going to say that maybe one could reason that he wasn't genuinely happy because Jasmine is essentially a "spell" cast over people... buuuuut then there's that time he drinks a happy pill, which isn't genuine happiness obviously, and turns fangy and grr so... Jasmine as a curseblocker sounds about right to me.

badsister
badsister
curseblocker hahah i just love that word lmao

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
We tend to see a lot of permutations and combinations of people who would supposedly be romantic partners being proposed in these pages. Angel and Faith romantically involved sounds about as likely as Clem and Dawn being romantically involved. Male demon, check. Hot human female (as much as Dawn is human), check. One is about as likely as the other and Dawn has never shot Clem with a bow and arrow loaded with toxins, so that may be even more likely.

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
We don't see it until Season 7 but slayers are supposedly infused with demon energy. This may be why Angel and Faith or Angel and Buffy or Spike and Buffy could be considered a natural attraction. Clem and Dawn may be just as likely because neither of them are human. Glory and Buffy? Hey, we can all dream!

FaithLehane16

"Five by Five."
Faith is always going to be my number 2 for Angel because of the compatibility and the fact that Faith can take care of him the best she can when he turns soulless.

nxGangrel

Totally not checkin' you out B
Ever since season 3 I've always wanted Faith and Angel to be a thing. Even though I figured it would never happen. I would still love to see them fight side by side, all while atoning for they're past actions.

GraceK

Grr Arrg
Faith and Angel have potential.
I don’t like it. I love their friendship. I love the fact that Faith is able to have a healthy, respectful relationship with someone who values and sees her as an equal without wanting to sleep with her. And on a purely visceral level it feels wrong. It seems to justify every bad feeling Buffy ever had. Remembering all the times Faith tried to steal Angel from her, tried to kill him, it just drives me crazy that in the end, they got together. Call me petty 🤷🏻‍♀️

FaithLehane16

"Five by Five."
I don’t like it. I love their friendship. I love the fact that Faith is able to have a healthy, respectful relationship with someone who values and sees her as an equal without wanting to sleep with her. And on a purely visceral level it feels wrong. It seems to justify every bad feeling Buffy ever had. Remembering all the times Faith tried to steal Angel from her, tried to kill him, it just drives me crazy that in the end, they got together. Call me petty 🤷🏻‍♀️
Faith trying to steal Angel from Buffy just stems from Faith's jealousy over Buffy's more stable life.

GraceK

Grr Arrg
Faith trying to steal Angel from Buffy just stems from Faith's jealousy over Buffy's more stable life.
I know. But it still led her to poison him. And try to turn him evil. And chain Buffy up and make out with him in front of her. Listen, I am a HUGE Faith fan. Check my profile. She’s my my boo. I love the girl and I will defend her to the death. She has one of the best character arcs and redemption stories in the series. Doesn’t mean I want her with Angel though. They are like Benson and Stabler. They are a great example of a male /female relationship that doesn’t have to be sexual. We need more of those. They are fantastic friends and relate to each other on this spiritual level that doesn’t need to be romantic. Look what happened when they tried forcing Cangel on us. 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

FaithLehane16

"Five by Five."
I know. But it still led her to poison him. And try to turn him evil. And chain Buffy up and make out with him in front of her. Listen, I am a HUGE Faith fan. Check my profile. She’s my my boo. I love the girl and I will defend her to the death. She has one of the best character arcs and redemption stories in the series. Doesn’t mean I want her with Angel though. They are like Benson and Stabler. They are a great example of a male /female relationship that doesn’t have to be sexual. We need more of those. They are fantastic friends and relate to each other on this spiritual level that doesn’t need to be romantic. Look what happened when they tried forcing Cangel on us. 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮
Well if Buffy would be dead and Willow respects her to be dead, and Faith is doing good, then I would have her as an option.

Cordy was more disrespectful towards Buffy, told Angel to charge clients money just to do the same Scooby Gang stuff, and has nothing in common with Angel, so the Cangel ship doesn't make any sense whatsoever. :nono: Cordy's psych wasn't that messed up as Faith's was. Cordelia grew up as the spoiled princess, whereas Faith's childhood wasn't ideal.

GraceK

Grr Arrg
Well if Buffy would be dead and Willow respects her to be dead, and Faith is doing good, then I would have her as an option.

Cordy was more disrespectful towards Buffy, told Angel to charge clients money just to do the same Scooby Gang stuff, and has nothing in common with Angel, so the Cangel ship doesn't make any sense whatsoever. :nono: Cordy's psych wasn't that messed up as Faith's was. Cordelia grew up as the spoiled princess, whereas Faith's childhood wasn't ideal.
I’m sorry I’m lost. Buffy isn’t dead though. Buffy is alive. Was the original question if Buffy is dead would we want to see Angel and Faith together?

Also, I’m not a big Cordelia fan, at all, but being disrespectful towards Buffy and asking Angel to run a business is in no way in the same league as raping Riley, stealing Buffy’s body, poisoning Angel and teaming up with the mayor to end the world. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I honestly don’t understand what point your trying to make. Especially as I already stated that I am a Faith fan and would defend her anyway. And that I thought Cangel was garbage. If you ship Faith and Angel that’s cool, I just said I don’t and stated my reasons. I prefer them as friends.

Top Bottom