• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Angel and Faith

AstridDante

Potential
I would have liked to have seen this bond and friendship developed more. They were quite wholesome in some parts like when he visited her in prison. Not sure about romance but maybe...

Faded90

Potential
I liked their friendship, I feel like a romance would ruin it though. It’s important for her story that Faith has a strong friendship with a male that she trusts that isn’t about sex

it’s also the whole ‘you don’t date your sponsor’ kind of thing

Priceless

Scooby
I like the idea of Faith and Angel, I think they work well together and understand each other in ways no one else can. They make more sense than Angel/Nina. But I am an Angel/Cordy fan, so I'd have preferred that to Angel/Anyone Else.

I wouldn't have been upset if Angel/Faith had become romantic in the comics, and I half expected that to happen, instead of Angel/Illyria.

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
The pairing does have a certain amount of logic to it, and reportedly, was popular in the comics, in so much that anything in the comics can truly be said to be popular.

Nix

🤪
Sineya
I adore the relationship between Faith and Angel/us. I think it's great to see the two together and the growth of their friendship. I would have loved to have seen them get together (even just for one night!!) but I appreciate it would probably have been a disaster for the show. Although having said that I'm sure Joss would have done THAT storyline superb justice and writing skills. Just imagine the awkwardness after and then how they might agree to just be really good mates lol...

Faded90

Potential
I adore the relationship between Faith and Angel/us. I think it's great to see the two together and the growth of their friendship. I would have loved to have seen them get together (even just for one night!!) but I appreciate it would probably have been a disaster for the show. Although having said that I'm sure Joss would have done THAT storyline superb justice and writing skills. Just imagine the awkwardness after and then how they might agree to just be really good mates lol...
Poor Faith though, a relationship/fling with Angel unless your Buffy with your own show is your deathknell 😂Nina sighed in relief when the show was cancelled. Even Fred didn’t make it and she only did some googly eyes at him!

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
Back on the Buffy show, Faith did ask Buffy, "So what's it like to boink the undead?" I'm sure Joss would have been happy to write the episode that answered that. It would have been just as godawful as the Wesley - Gunn - Fred triangle, but he would have done it just to show everyone he could. I concur with those who have said they would have been better as friends or as a patient-therapist relationship which seemed to be where they were at in the rain in the alley. A romance would have been excessive although it would have been understandable the union of two loners.

Faded90

Potential
Back on the Buffy show, Faith did ask Buffy, "So what's it like to boink the undead?" I'm sure Joss would have been happy to write the episode that answered that. It would have been just as godawful as the Wesley - Gunn - Fred triangle, but he would have done it just to show everyone he could. I concur with those who have said they would have been better as friends or as a patient-therapist relationship which seemed to be where they were at in the rain in the alley. A romance would have been excessive although it would have been understandable the union of two loners.
Yeah I think it would have been a solace one night stand thing more than anything but I agree much prefer them as friends. I think Faith would want someone a bit more ‘sparky’ than Angel as well

Athene

Scooby
Sineya
Angel and Faith's friendship pretty much made me an Angel fan so I wouldn't want to risk it by turning it romantic although I can see the appeal. I never loved any of Angel's relationships (other than Buffy) so that's another reason I don't have faith (😄) that their relationship would be as great romantically. And it is just way more wholesome that Angel has a more brotherly interest in Faith and vice versa so why mess with a good thing.

Angel6

Potential
Nah not romantic for me. It would be a bit of a betrayal for Angel to be with Faith, almost like if buddy just got with another vampire with a soul....oh wait.....

Myheadsgonenumb

Potential
Nah not romantic for me. It would be a bit of a betrayal for Angel to be with Faith, almost like if buddy just got with another vampire with a soul....oh wait.....
I'm not sure that's a fair comparison. It was Angel's decision to leave Buffy for her own good because he could never give her the kind of normal life she deserved (and no - it was not entirely linked to the curse, there were multiple good reasons for them to break up - but nevertheless it was a decision he made for her.) So for him to turn around and start dating another human girl - a slayer no less, (remember the fact that she was a slayer and could never have a normal life was all the more reason she should have a human boyfriend - according to Angel) would be a huge betrayal of Buffy.
He chooses to leave Buffy so she can be with another man - he does not get to dictate who that man is, or cry 'betrayal' when she goes for a man who has a lot in common with him.

Plus, Spike is much more a victim of Angel than Angel is of Spike. Throughout their history together, it was Angelus who dominated, bullied and abused Spike, twisting him into a worse and worse monster for his own entertainment, not the other way around. Whereas between Buffy and Faith, Faith is the one who stole Buffy's body, slept with her boyfriend, framed Buffy for murder and tried to kill Buffy's boyfriend just for the kicks. So Angel dating Faith would be a betrayal of Buffy in a way that Buffy dating Spike is not a betrayal of Angel - because Faith has hurt Buffy in ways that Spike never hurt Angel. If Buffy had dated Spike first and then moved onto Angel - that would be a closer equivalent.

Overall, though, considering the way Faith has always reacted to Buffy - the jealousy of everything Buffy had and the feelings of being second best which is part of what led her down her dark path in the first place - her sleeping with Angel and having him not lose his soul would be an absolute disaster for mental equilibrium and self esteem. Second to B again. Always second.
But as her mentor and sponsor, she has a special bond with Angel that is completely different to anything Buffy has and that Buffy cannot touch.

Faded90

Potential
I'm not sure that's a fair comparison. It was Angel's decision to leave Buffy for her own good because he could never give her the kind of normal life she deserved (and no - it was not entirely linked to the curse, there were multiple good reasons for them to break up - but nevertheless it was a decision he made for her.) So for him to turn around and start dating another human girl - a slayer no less, (remember the fact that she was a slayer and could never have a normal life was all the more reason she should have a human boyfriend - according to Angel) would be a huge betrayal of Buffy.
He chooses to leave Buffy so she can be with another man - he does not get to dictate who that man is, or cry 'betrayal' when she goes for a man who has a lot in common with him.

Plus, Spike is much more a victim of Angel than Angel is of Spike. Throughout their history together, it was Angelus who dominated, bullied and abused Spike, twisting him into a worse and worse monster for his own entertainment, not the other way around. Whereas between Buffy and Faith, Faith is the one who stole Buffy's body, slept with her boyfriend, framed Buffy for murder and tried to kill Buffy's boyfriend just for the kicks. So Angel dating Faith would be a betrayal of Buffy in a way that Buffy dating Spike is not a betrayal of Angel - because Faith has hurt Buffy in ways that Spike never hurt Angel. If Buffy had dated Spike first and then moved onto Angel - that would be a closer equivalent.

Overall, though, considering the way Faith has always reacted to Buffy - the jealousy of everything Buffy had and the feelings of being second best which is part of what led her down her dark path in the first place - her sleeping with Angel and having him not lose his soul would be an absolute disaster for mental equilibrium and self esteem. Second to B again. Always second.
But as her mentor and sponsor, she has a special bond with Angel that is completely different to anything Buffy has and that Buffy cannot touch.
I agree for Faith’s own self esteem having a relationship with one of Buffy’s ex’s (Angel particularly) would be a disaster. Not just for the curse but because Faith is someone that would always be insecure about it, she feels second best to Buffy in other areas and this would be another thing she would constantly be comparing herself to Buffy about. From Angel’s side I don’t see him ever messing up their sponsor/friend relationship, he knows how important that is for Faith

Top Bottom