• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Angel Cooking Breakfast!

MissChristina

👱🏻‍♀️👩🏻‍🦰🧑🏻👨🏼‍🏫
The best part of episode 10, “Parting Gifts” is Angel cooking breakfast for Cordelia and Wesley after the big fight at the Hotel Ramsey. It’s kind of sexy that, for a guy who doesn’t eat regular food, Angel knows his way around the kitchen. The way he’s got a kitchen towel on his shoulder, and he’s hustling the juice and glasses and silverware, and... 😯 cloth napkins!! It’s 10:35pm right now where I am, but I want some scrambled egg and toast too!

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
Before netflix, daytime tv was pretty much limited to cooking shows, or shows with cooking segments. Its fun he used those skills, Angel did seem like the housewife type.

Myheadsgonenumb

Potential
There's a really sad moment hidden in there that's glossed over though. Cordy says 'one of the perks of the job, after an all nighter we get eggs' - like this is a thing that has happened before. Angel doesn't eat - she says as much in the conversation. And this is Wesley's first time. So the 'we' she's talking about ... is her and Doyle.

MissChristina
MissChristina
I did notice that. A lot of narrative in the episode was about missing Doyle.. Cordy told Barney he reminded her of Doyle, and he turned out to be the bad guy. I wish we’d gotten to see Doyle getting eggs. 😔

MissChristina

👱🏻‍♀️👩🏻‍🦰🧑🏻👨🏼‍🏫
But, I just think that Wesley plays it so well in his role during that scene. Its really great to see him being integrated into the gang.
There was a scene earlier in the episode, where Wesley follows Angel to Barney’s apartment, and points a crossbow at him. Angel easily bats it away. The “rogue demon hunter” has a mopey reaction to being reminded that he’s a bumbling klutz. Alexis played the scene perfectly — so perfect, in fact, that David Boreanaz almost couldn’t keep a straight face. You can see from David’s side profile that he’s stifling a laugh.. lol.. 😄 When the director yelled “cut,” they must have been cracking up. 🤪

burrunjor

Potential
I wondered why Angel doesn't eat, when Spike eats all the time. Maybe Angel's worried that eating something really tasty counts as perfect happiness LOL. There are some foods I can see that happening with.

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
I got the feeling from I Will Remember You that food didn't taste good to Angel for some reason. Maybe part of Angel's curse and having no enjoyment of things.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
I got the feeling from I Will Remember You that food didn't taste good to Angel for some reason. Maybe part of Angel's curse and having no enjoyment of things.
What was the episode in which he explained why he brought the doughnuts? In that episode he talks about what food tastes like to him.

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
I thought that was the joke behind the spicy chicken wings? Burning his tongue is the only way he still feels.

Top Bottom