• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Angel/Cordy vs. Buffy/Angel vs. Darla/Angel vs. Nina/Angel

VisionGirl

Newly Human
Sineya
I'm a Bangel first and foremost. But I love Darla and really like their long, complicated history. I also love Cordy. I prefer them as friends, but I don't mind the romance- I just think it could've been done better. Nina is ok.

Basically, I'm a big Angel fan. :D I'm pretty interested in all of his relationships, including the slash ones (Lindsey & Spike mainly)!

david4wt

We take what we can get.
This could turn out bad :p
I prefer Cordelia/Angel, their relationship was so believable and mature. They had great fun together, which is important in a relationship. Also, I always so them as more "equal" compaired to the other relationships.
Darla/Angel was twisted, I didn't like it.
Nina/Angel wasn't a real relationship, it was just fooling around.
Buffy/Angel was too melodramatic and there was too much teen angst...never thought it could last.

My real vote goes to Angel/Spike though...damn those two ;)

white avenger

white avenger
Each relationship was entertaining and interesting in its time, but Angel/Nina has always intrigued me, simply because there was never time to develop its obvious potential. Angel cared enough about Nina to try and make sure that she left LA before his final battle and to promise to meet her there if he survived, a commitment that he had never made before, even with Buffy. And, according to IDW's "After The Fall" arc, which is included in canon by Joss, Nina, knowing that something very bad was about to happen, chose to stay. There just HAS to be a story there. Unfortunately, beyond that single arc, their relationship was never explored, and probably never will now.

brinkster130

Riley's BFF
Sineya
I didn't find any of Angel's relationships as repulsive as some of the other Buffyverse ships. I thought they all had some good moments.

Here is how I'd rank them:

1) Angel/Buffy - My favorite ship! :) I absolutely adore these two!

2) Angel(us)/Darla - Such a badass evil couple and a very interesting pair once Angel had his soul.

3) Angel/Cordy - They had one the best friendships in the Buffyverse. I wasn't crazy about them romantically but that has more to do with the execution (or lack thereof) of their story line. I wish they would have remained friends or given the couple the development needed to make their story more believable.

4) Angel/Nina - I don't have anything really negative to say about them. I never really thought of them as a really serious couple, they seemed more like a fling to me.

Cheese Slices

A Bidet of Evil
Angel and Cordy. they have such a level of understanding and tenderness, and Cordy is the only person in the world that is able to make Angel smile like this... She actually makes him happy, which isn't the case of most of Angel's relationship.

V

Vamp Jenny

I don't like Darla much and Nina was just a filler girlfriend in my eyes.

I will always be a Bangel fan first and foremost, but I find Cangel very cute and I think they were the 2nd perfect couple in Ats (after Wesley/Fred of course :D)

dexeded

Scooby
Black Thorn
Can I choose Spike/Angel?

Though in all seriousness, Angel/Cordy is easily my favourite. She brings out the best in him, he brings out the best in her, was what I always felt. Buffy/Angel I never cared for, even when I first started the show. I'll have to rewatch AtS to get a real read on Angel/Darla. Angel/Nina was... I thought it was odd and out of the blue, but shrug.

SlayerOfVampyrs

VuffytheSampireBlayer
Buffy/Angel first and foremost. They transcend everything when they are together.

Darla/Angel(us) in the second spot. I have such a soft spot for Darla. They made the perfect evil couple, and were incredibly intriguing together later on when they weren't evil.

Cordy/Angel - My problem with this couple is...I don't really see them as much of a 'couple,' I don't know that I buy it. The only time Cordy/Angel works as a couple, in my opinion, is when baby Connor is involved. Perhaps if we had seen more of them being couple-y, my opinion on this would have changed, but I just can't wipe how awkward I always feel watching them being intimate in Waiting in the Wings. It just seemed very unnatural.

Nina/Angel - It was a good filler relationship for Angel. I never really believed there was much there though.

Aimee
Aimee
[No message]
I
iShower4free
[No message]

Aimee

Scooby
I have to say Angel and Buffy.
Cordy brought out the best in Angel and really made him smile but I really struggled to see them as a couple. They were great as friends. I agree with SlayerOfVampyres, it didn't feel right. Watching them get intimate in Waiting in the Wings was like watching a brother and sister - just wrong! (of course, to be fair, watching Cordy and Connor was so much worse and creepy!)

Jodast

Lapsed BBer
Sineya
I'd like to see the carnage if this was asked on a less friendly forum :D

Not that I am a shipper of any sort, but the Buffy/Angel relationship is the central relationship to both series. It is the best defined from beginning to end and they even show the bitterness, esentment and hurt in the aftermath of the recent break up and the coming to an amicable friendship in the long term . It is the most well-rounded relationship in the Buffyverse and for that reason it is my favourite.

Or to phrase it a different way. The original and still the best :)

I
iShower4free
[No message]

Taake

That's right, I'm watching you...
Staff member
Black Thorn
Ooh that's a hard choice, the only pairing there I don't like is Angel/Cordy.

* Buffy + Angel, I love them together and I love their whole story. However, I'm glad Angel moved on to his own show not only because I love the character and loved seeing him 'fleshed out' so to speak, I don't think Bangel would have been interesting to watch for seven straight years.

*Darla + Angel, crack and sizzle with passion and I can never get enough of the two of them on screen together. However I prefer it when they're not an actual item as at the end of the day I think Darla is better suited with Angelus and though he's a lot of fun I prefer Angel to him.

*Nina + Angel, what's to say? We got to see so little of them together *grumbles* I think this is the pairing I would like to see more off because I adored it and with the exception of Gwen (and that obviously didn't pan out) she's the one girl post-Buffy that I can see with Angel. I think they'd be adorable together.

So I guess at the end of the day I'm somewhere between Bangel and Nangel :)

Bangelshipper

Townie
I loved all the relationships,I wish we saw more Nina in the show.I think she would be perfect for Angel.AFTER Buffy and Cordelia,ofc :D

Bangel always and forever number 1 couple,Cordy and Angel were amazing and adorable together,they clearly loved each other very much,were perfect friends,I wish they were an OFFICIAL COUPLE ( damn you Joss Whedon )

Darla and Angel had so much chemistry.they were so damn sexy together.I loved her in season 2.
he was obsessed with Darla in season 2,but they would never work well together as a couple,maybe when they're both with a soul,but never other way around.
Angelus and Darla tough, were THE epic evil couple.the true soulmate of Angelus

Last edited:

Kenimowy

Potential
Sineya
Sorry bagels, but I am way more into Cangel :)

I like bangel too, but I felt what Angel and Cordelia had was much more mature, and level headed, and it grew into it. Bagel was so whirlwind and intense and emotions were everywhere, it was one of those epic, forbidden romances.
With Cangel you get to see their relationship go from acquaintances, to friends, to best friends, to romance, even if it never got to be truly explored. There were way more happy times with Cangel than there was with bangel. They didn't just like each other, they leaned on each other. They were each others support system. I loved it!

Angel/Darla was awesome for the history, they each had a piece of each other that no one else could touch.
Angel/Nina is...forgettable to me. I always forget about her til I see her episodes again. She just doesn't do it for me!

SlayerFest
SlayerFest
how can you not love bagels!? they're delish ;)

iShower4free

Scooby
Bangel! Bangel! Bangel!

Angel and Buffy just had that relationship that no one else in the entire show had. Intense passion, true love, pain, heart break, it had it all. They will be each others true loves forever and I believe they will be together again. Some how Angel will become Human and Buffy wont have the weight of the world on her shoulders :D

I like cordy and Angel together because she made Angel happy (not truly happy though :D), we all knew he wouldnt be able to be with Buffy at the moment and he deserved to be with someone. Unfortunately that relationship never actually was. I dont think even if it became a romantic relationship that it could have reached the level Buffy and Angel were at.

Nina, eh. She was kinda a Riley for me. Just a quick romantic interest thrown in there for Angel. I never thought it could be more than just fooling around and having a good time. I would have liked Gwen for Angel more but even she wouldnt have been more than a quick fix. Gunn would have been good for one of these woman, and I know him and Gwen have their moment.

R
Robb Stark
[No message]
Reactions: Ann

Tome

Berktwad
Black Thorn
Cangel = best.
Bangel = ok.
Dangel = mehhh.
Nangel = horrible, DIAF.

That is all. :p

SlayerFest

Wiley Dairy Gnome
Black Thorn
Darla/Angel. Dangel. Ang..rla. Ha, "Angrla" sounds like someone trying to pronounce "Angela" underwater.

I just really love their relationship. Angelus and Darla were fun to watch, I loved human Darla and Angel and vamp Darla and Angel. It was just a really interesting relationship to watch and the episode "Darla" is the only reason why I decided to finally watch AtS.

Angel/Cordy never felt right to me. I mean I don't mind the idea of them together but, I really like the friendship they had. Bangel is just too angsty for me. I don't dislike it but...meh. I sometimes feel as if they're only in love because they're in love. It's like "Buffy and Angel are meant to be because they are meant to be". I just never really *bought* how in love they were. It's kind of hard to explain.

And Nina/Angel shouldn't even be mentioned along with the others in the same sentence. Uch!

---------- Post added at 01:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 PM ----------

Can I choose Spike/Angel?
Haha yes! Why wasn't that an option? :mad:

Spangel 4ever.

Last edited:
Top Bottom