• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Angel & Faith 10.09 "Lost & Found, Part IV" - Released 12/3/14 (Dark Horse)

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
Writer: Victor Gischler
Penciller: Will Conrad

Clearly in a magical mire with Amy the Rat, Angel brings in backup to shut down the witch and save Magic Town . . . Faith is reunited with Riley in a brawl with the tribal vampires—staking, dusting, and feeling awkward!

Source: Wikipedia

Kaleidoscope

Townie
I continue to like this comic, but I still find it very slow moving and don't see how Amy testing herself against Angel prepares her for fighting Willow. I'm definitely interested in finding out about Angel's dreams, but that is the only part of this story which has me intrigued. I'm looking forward to this being one story again.

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
So, finally got round to buying this. As issue's go it had a distinctly average feel to it. There was quite a bit of action, but not a lot happened- and what was revealed was fairly disappointing.
Very much a ' slight dip before the finale' issue.

Firstly the Angel stuff. Their fight was pretty cool- had a nice visual dynamic, and Angel grabbing the jar of Warren (as in 'full of' not 'belongs too' :p) and leaping out the window was pretty funny.
The problem I have is that Amy keeps on going on about 'plans' but its clear that her plans amount tonothing mote than 'try and get Angel to resurrect Warren, If that doesn't work kill Angel. Take over magic-town and get powerful enough to best Willow.'
I remember Amy being sneakier thant this, was I wrong? This is hardly a master plan worthy of TWO arcs worth of story, unless there really is something more to it. I hope so.

Angel visits his cop friend- still don't trust him, although I don't dislike him exactly. He seems to have some personality what with the mild back and forth between him and Angel. The bar is now officially Angel's 'local', he's a true Londoner now. :)
Another reference to Angel drinking more, and having more bad dreams- obviously connected and obviously having nothing to do with Amy- somebody is up to something sneaky but its not her.

Then the showdown. Amy grandstands some more (kinda boring by now) and Angel sics a demon on her, then there's a big magic-y explosion when she fights back. I'm interested to see what happens next, but really only to see if Amy's plan is that lame.

Again the Faith stuff is better because there's a clearer sense of progression- the only disappointment was the 'reveal' of the vamp leader at the end, and even then it was a minor one that I kinda saw coming.

Another reference to Faith being crap with guns- which I rather like since I really hate the 'slayers with guns' thing. If slayers have guns then why not vampires, and then it just turns into two groups of superpowered people shooting at each other. Boring.
Also some people complain about how Faith is a pretty good marksman on the show so she'd be awesome with firearms, because as we all know being really good with a bow or crossbow is exactly the same as being good with a gun. :rolleyes:

Faith gets some good lines here, she sounds quite 'Faith-like' and practical when it comes to tactics. Nice that she took command even with Sam there.

The rescue is a little clumsily rendered, cause it looks like the two slayers waltz in, grab Riley and the other soldiers and waltz out even though they should've been swarmed and surrounded by tribal vamps. Maybe the vamps are slower in daylight or something. Still it looked odd.

I liked the pissed look Riley gave Faith when he realised who she was- a big talk later that I'm looking forward to.
Riley actually does know what Faith looks like, he met her body outside the church in 'Who Are You' when Buffy was inside her...Buffy was riding Faith's...ahem, y'know they swapped bodies. :D

The Riley/Sam reunion was actually rather nice and the endingh, when they all wander through that wierd, creepy temple/canyon thing- hopefully we'll get an explanation next issue.

I must say that the artwork here was terrific. The action was decent (I think the artist is getting used to the certain flow that has to come with fight scenes) and the character likenesses continue to be spot on, especially for Amy and Faith.

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
I enjoyed this issue. The one thing I didn't like was that they felt the need to have Riley spell out that he had never seen Faith with her own face on before. Took me out of it. Though you're right, I'd forgotten about the church.

But I thought Faith was very Faith in it, and I liked Angel both stealing Warren and leaving and then swooping in with the Najakot demon.

Top Bottom