• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Angel & Faith 10.12 "United, Part II" - Released 3/04/15 (Dark Horse)

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
Writer: Victor Gischler Penciller: Will Conrad

Though she’s returned to London, Faith isn’t planning to join up with Team Angel again. But circumstances will throw the Slayer and the vampire together when someone searching for Illyria brings his quest through Magic Town . . .

Source: Wikipedia

Kaleidoscope

Townie
Illyria has had so much character development it almost seems a shame that she has been reset to the Illyria of 'Hole in the World/Shells. Still, it's good to have Fred back. The Koh flashback was interesting, even if it was kind of inevitable that Illyria was the one who betrayed Koh.

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
Yeah, this was a pretty slow issue. Interesting but slow. I think that was nessesary to have the lengthy Koh flashback which, although it gave him some much needed fleshing out, took the focus off the Fred/Illyria situation.

There's not much to discuss here but I did like some developments:

- Koh's background in general was good, nicely evocative artwork depicting a demonic plane. Plus the exposition at the start of the issue wasn't too heavy, considering it had to inform those who maybe hadn't read Buffy S9 who Koh was and what Illyria ws to him.

- Faith not immediatly going back to being 'Angel's sidekick'. She has a job and resposibilities now and seems to want to make that a proirity. I did like Angel being slightly put out that she was taking off again though, but there was promise of a drink later on.

- Fred's confession that she knows from Illyria's memories that she was the one who slaughtered Koh's family/village wasn't a big surprise but I did like the indication that the Old Ones could be sneaky when then wanted to be. They weren't just lumbering monsters.

- Faith beats up another demon- the old fashioned way this time- but I got a distinct warning signal from the offhand comment 'It's not like we're dissecting people here'.

- Angel knocked Koh on his ass for getting beligerant was fun. Looks like they might throw down next issue. Angel's fought tougher guys than Koh and come out on top, but the demon seems to be a pretty skilled warrior besides. Fun! :)

There was also another hint of Nadira maybe not being trustworthy/having another agenda, when there was a slight edge to her wanting to know more about Illyria and her memories.

Looking forward to more plot advancements next month.

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
We hear Koh's story? AWESOME. I love this character so much lol

LMAO the demon at Rory's that says "What's your damage?" :D

Illyria has had so much character development it almost seems a shame that she has been reset to the Illyria of 'Hole in the World/Shells.
I agree with this, it actually seems kind of odd to me, but I don't dislike it completely. I like the idea of the Faith/Illyria struggle, and I guess it's not too OTT that Illyria would fight for her own existence - she really isn't the type to share lol

Top Bottom