• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Angel & Faith 10.15 "Fight or Flight" - Released 6/03/15 (Dark Horse)

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
Writer: Kel McDonald
Penciller: Cliff Richards

Taking a break from the stress of reality in London, Angel and Fred hop on a ferry to Angel’s homeland! Though both were hoping for a leisurely holiday, something is rotten in the Emerald Isle. Angel can’t resist helping the helpless—but will that be the best thing for Fred . . . and Illyria?

Source: Wikipedia

Bob Loblaw

Townie
I surprised there's no activity in this thread. Anyways, I thought this was a phenomenal issue! This issue made me realize just how much I missed Fred. This was a fun little story with a lot of humor. I enjoyed Fred's insistence on going to that tour of Angelus's massacre. I was hoping that Angel would show Fred around a little more - maybe he'd show her his grave or something. This issue straight up felt like something from season 1 of Angel with the bonus of Burkle! At the end when she asked Angel if they can call themselves Angel Investigations, I became so very happy. Hopefully Gunn comes to London and Angel, Gunn, Fred, Faith, Eldre Koh, and Brandt can form a new Angel Investigations!

gite63

Gone
Sineya
I enjoyed Fred's insistence on going to that tour of Angelus's massacre.
I liked this issue, too, but it seemed odd to me this insistence on going to that tour... a little insentive from her part...

I was hoping that Angel would show Fred around a little more
Me too, it was Angel's home town, after all, and he had been there for so many years...

At the end when she asked Angel if they can call themselves Angel Investigations, I became so very happy. Hopefully Gunn comes to London and Angel, Gunn, Fred, Faith, Eldre Koh, and Brandt can form a new Angel Investigations!
I would like, too. I wonder why they are keeping Angel and Faith apart, though.

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
Solid issue (with a Gaknar cameo!) with a nice throwaway plot. Angel and Fred/Illyria vs. some Irish witches wasn't really a fair fight but that wasn't really the point. It was Angel/Fred bonding, Fred getting to go on holiday!

-Wesley was mentioned for the first time by Fred.

- Fred seemed kind of insensitive to Angel's awkward 'this is the massacre tourist tour about MY massacre, Fred!' But still Fred can be a little socially clueless I guess (or maybe just out of practice?).

- So Angel's dreams are from the same source as Spike? Strange how Angel's were skillfully weaved throughout the season and Spike's (one dream) landed with a sudden 'thunk' in the middle of the Spuffy shagging.
I guess it shows how much better the A&F writing has been in the middle part of the season compared to BtVS s10.

- Spike doesn't seen to mention the whole 'this powerful demon can take control of your vamp self' part of things. Seems like a massive oversight.
If something happens to Angel in San Fran because of it then Spike's to blame for not mentioning any details before Angel got on a plane to come help.

Sidenote: when did it become no big deal for vampires to travel vast distances? In S2 'Surprise' Angel mentions 'months' of travel by ship to guard against daylight and now suddenly Spike's going to and from London (last season) very quickly, Angel & Faith went to South America as part of the 'resurrect Giles' plot and now Angel's gonna drop everything and (presumably) get from Ireland to California in a few days/a week?
Sloppy writing.

Anyway, good issue. Sad that there was no Faith but then Angel's gonna be absent for the next few issues and we get Faith/Fred bonding. That will be interesting. :)

Silverspike

Scooby
"- Spike doesn't seen to mention the whole 'this powerful demon can take control of your vamp self' part of things. Seems like a massive oversight.
If something happens to Angel in San Fran because of it then Spike's to blame for not mentioning any details before Angel got on a plane to come help."

Really....

"Sidenote: when did it become no big deal for vampires to travel vast distances? In S2 'Surprise' Angel mentions 'months' of travel by ship to guard against daylight and now suddenly Spike's going to and from London (last season) very quickly, Angel & Faith went to South America as part of the 'resurrect Giles' plot and now Angel's gonna drop everything and (presumably) get from Ireland to California in a few days/a week?
Sloppy writing."

Well to be fair Spike managed to get himself to Africa in season 6 okay so traveling large distances aren't completely unheard of in the verse.

gite63

Gone
Sineya
Well to be fair Spike managed to get himself to Africa in season 6 okay so traveling large distances aren't completely unheard of in the verse.
As Spike said to Angel how he traveled so fast from the Easter Islands to London, whitout a spaceship:

I'm resourceful. Already walkin' the earth.

This is the answer: all characters are resourceful when the writers want them to be.

white avenger

white avenger
"

Even more interesting, he managed to get back all the way from Africa to the basement of the new high school while in what should have been a less than stable mental state. My theory is that someone helped him find both the cave demon and provided transportation to and from Africa.

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
I honestly can't believe Fred would suggest Angel go on a tour of his old murders lol, BUT having said that I did like the premise of them going to Galway and there being a tour of Angel's murders lol. I have to rationalize it that Fred truly thought it would help with Angel's dreams.

Love the reference to Gachnar. Too bad Angel wasn't around when Buffy was fighting him lol

And now we see how this Fred/Illyria thing is going to go...

And LOVED Fred saying, "Can we call ourselves Angel Investigations?" lol

Top Bottom