• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Angel & Faith 10.16 "Those Who Can't Teach, Teach Gym, Part I" - Released 7/01/15 (Dark Horse)

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
Writer: Victor Gischler Penciller: Cliff Richards

While Angel is stateside, Faith is suddenly the go-to adviser for London’s Magic Town police detective. She enlists Fred to help scope out a situation, and the girls stumble onto some teenage vampires at Cuthbert Prep. Who better to delve further into the situation—from the inside—than a vampire slayer?

Source: Wikipedia

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
Sad to see no comments on this.

I liked it. I think the writers got a nice feel for the balance between characterization and plotty happenings. I got a bit of the sense of loneliness Faith must be feelings, that absence of Giles. And her interactions with the cop were good enough. I wouldn't be unopposed to this relationship being explored further, if that's what their headed.
Not sure I trust him though. I just think he's a little off- trying too hard to befriend Angel and now Faith?

The teen girl dialogue seemed off. Too many Americanisms/things that British girls just wouldn't say. Still, I preferred this to wince-inducing stereotypes ('Gosh Maisy, isn't this the bees knees!' or some crap)

Faith and Fred investigating. The liked the idea more than the execution, so far it's just okay. They get along but I'd like to see more banter.

Two guys hitting on Fred (not Faith! Teach her to to go and assume...) and her giving them the brushoff. That was fun.

Faith took a while to kill that one preppy vamp in the bathroom. :confused:

Faith as P.E teacher. :D

I like the 'vamps try and recruit/empower victims of bullying'. Sort of forming a girl gang thin evil St. Trinians'. Buffy never tackled that on the show. But now that vamps can exist in daylight? Puts another spin on things.

Aw, Faith trying to 'impart' an' stuff as a teacher. She's maturing. :)

And then the 'bloody death' cliffhanger, always a classic.

Not a great start but okay. I'm intrigued (although I've seen plenty of spoilers for the vamp behind it all...).

Samuel Reyes

Chilling in SunnyD
I liked Faith's picture of her and Giles, seeing as how he was her only mentor/father figure who wasn't evil or just downright horrible to her -- glad to know she looks back on that time fondly.

No Angel in 'Angel and Faith?' I know he's over on Buffy, and I like the whole Fred/Faith dynamic, but the comic is at its best when Angel/Faith are together, not off doing their own thing, I'm wondering why the comic's been splitting them apart as of late?

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
No Angel in 'Angel and Faith?' I know he's over on Buffy, and I like the whole Fred/Faith dynamic, but the comic is at its best when Angel/Faith are together, not off doing their own thing, I'm wondering why the comic's been splitting them apart as of late?
I think to start with it was to explore aspects of the characters away from each other, and I think that worked in Faith's case. Analyzing her place in the world, what with deep scan and reuniting with Riley, it seemed like she was finding out something about herself. I still sort of resent Giles for leaving her though.

Less successful with Angel, who all told really just got a bit grouchy and drunk a lot of whiskey (so much so that many thought it was a plot point).

We've had a couple of solo Angel issues- one with a new vamp and then the Ireland with Fred. I thought both were okay, fun little throwaways.

Overall maybe the writers are thinking of splitting the two of them up by the end of the season and want to test the waters?

Samuel Reyes

Chilling in SunnyD
From what I hear Angel comes back to London at the end of the current arc and brings a Big Bad with him. Who that Big Bad is remains to be seen.

Yes Faith alone has worked as character development but I do miss her and Angel together.

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
Why did I get a distinct "The Craft" vibe from the girls at the prep school? And the volleyball scene reminds me of another movie, but I can't put my finger on which one.

And LMAO "Bronze Age"!!!

I was glad to see they didn't have Illyria pop out at the first sign of trouble this time.

Two guys hitting on Fred (not Faith! Teach her to to go and assume...) and her giving them the brushoff. That was fun.
Well, since they were vamps, they were probably going after the one of the two that looked weakest.

Top Bottom