• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Angel & Faith 9.16 "Death and Consequences, Part 1" - Released 11/28/12 (Dark Horse)

VisionGirl

Newly Human
Sineya
Angel's plan to resurrect Giles inches ever closer toward success. As he and Faith hack their way toward one more magical item to help in their venture, Angel reveals it is time to get the final part of Giles's soul. But their triumphant return to London holds more than one surprise: first, the revenge-seeking Nadira and the Slayers come calling . . .
http://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/21-601/Angel-Faith-16-Steve-Morris-cover

Ok so I know we haven't really been discussing each issue in depth, but c'mon people!! Giles is alive! WTH?!

Kean

Professional Bangel
Sineya
I literally bombarded anyone I thought would remotely interested in this because I was so excited. Brilliant reveal, I never even thought of this never mind saw it coming. I'm just hoping that this isn't just Giles be used by some other demon/evil force because it makes for a much more compelling story if he was somehow made plans for this himself.

VisionGirl

Newly Human
Sineya
I literally bombarded anyone I thought would remotely interested in this because I was so excited. Brilliant reveal, I never even thought of this never mind saw it coming. I'm just hoping that this isn't just Giles be used by some other demon/evil force because it makes for a much more compelling story if he was somehow made plans for this himself.

I agree but the preview pages for the next issue make me wonder if this is
Ethan in Giles' body

Kean

Professional Bangel
Sineya
I agree but the preview pages for the next issue make me wonder if this is
Ethan in Giles' body

I was thinking more along the lines of
Eygon taking over Ethan's body since he was killed last season. Now that I think about it, it probably means Eygon is inhabiting Giles' body too, even if it is only partially
. Ugh, I was really hoping that wasn't the case.

I think it's Ripper - i.e. Giles minus his soul. I hope Angel will ensoul him by the end of the season. Unless Joss plans to make his the real Bog Bad of the season. In that case, season 9 will be a mirror reflection of season 2, with Ripper instead of Giles and Angel instead of Angelus.

ladydorotea

Scooby
Blimey, I think we got pretty good reason to believe that a dead body without a soul or a demon to animate it cannot function in the verse - and especially with magic gone.
Like the dead corpses of former vampires whose demons/powers Severin sucked out, like the 'fresh' body that Crown of Coils produced in A&F #16. Like vampires are now zompires - remotely controlled and mindless. Add 2 or 3 Eygon 'hints' that are now basically not hints but blatant spelling on the wall and you have to admit that Eygon ought to be involved somehow - and we do know it can take over dead/alive bodies, that was basically its power.
So, no for soulless but animated Giles from me - unless they go entirely Harry Potter way ( split soul of Lord Voldemort).

VisionGirl

Newly Human
Sineya
Lots of different possibilities here, but however the dice roles it's far more interesting than anything happening in the Buffy title right now!

ladydorotea

Scooby
Why, according to the latest review Buffy might be having an idea of having fling with
Det. Dowling, who is tall , dark and dorky enough to be 'her type', if unfortunately alive.
LOL That ought to count as 'exciting development'. Especially if one reads the solicitations for next 3 Buffys and notice who is coming to town in that same issue.

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/dark-horse-december-2012-solicitations.html
http://www.newsarama.com/comics/dark-horse-january-2013-solicitations.html
http://www.newsarama.com/comics/dark-horse-february-2013-solicitations.html

RipperGilesFan

Knock yourself out.Please
I think it's Ripper - i.e. Giles minus his soul. I hope Angel will ensoul him by the end of the season. Unless Joss plans to make his the real Bog Bad of the season. In that case, season 9 will be a mirror reflection of season 2, with Ripper instead of Giles and Angel instead of Angelus.

Yeah, but hmm...wouldn't the impact of that be a lot bigger if something like that would occur in the Buffy comics. I mean, really what is the connection between Giles and Angel? No a whole lot. If Giles/Ripper were to be evil I don't think it would have a big impact on Angel would he have to kill/destroy him.

Buffy on the other hand....Thinking of that the first thing coming to my mind is 'the lost slayer books'. For Buffy he could be the worst enemy she ever faced. Angel? not so much.

Yeah, but hmm...wouldn't the impact of that be a lot bigger if something like that would occur in the Buffy comics. I mean, really what is the connection between Giles and Angel? No a whole lot. If Giles/Ripper were to be evil I don't think it would have a big impact on Angel would he have to kill/destroy him.

Buffy on the other hand....Thinking of that the first thing coming to my mind is 'the lost slayer books'. For Buffy he could be the worst enemy she ever faced. Angel? not so much.

I think the impact would be enormous. Angel killed Giles once, then he spent a whole season trying to bring him back, and now he has to kill him again? Heartbreaking. And we all know that Joss loves breaking our hearts.

RipperGilesFan

I think the impact would be enormous. Angel killed Giles once, then he spent a whole season trying to bring him back, and now he has to kill him again? Heartbreaking. And we all know that Joss loves breaking our hearts.

'maybe it's just me, but I just fail to see the emotional stuff in it. Angel and Giles never had a real connection, other than that Angel tortured him and killed him in the comics )if that could be called a connection :D ) I just fail to see the emotion it it should Angel have to 'kill him again.

Now if Buffy were to be forced to kill an evil/soulless Giles, that is something I would consider heartbreaking :(

Willow-Tree

Your Childhood Trauma
While I agree that it would be more emotional if Giles were the villain in Buffy S9, you have to remember that him and Faith grew to be extremely close last season.

RipperGilesFan

While I agree that it would be more emotional if Giles were the villain in Buffy S9, you have to remember that him and Faith grew to be extremely close last season.

I agree with you there. I think it's one of the reason's why Faith now is determined to see Angel goes through with the plan. So I see how dramatic it would be for Faith. But Angel, I just don't see it. not even with Christos Cage in an interview calling Giles Angel's "friend and mentor". I never considered it such.

white avenger

white avenger
I agree with you there. I think it's one of the reason's why Faith now is determined to see Angel goes through with the plan.

I just couldn't help thinking, when I read that scene, "Yeah, here goes Angel getting yet another free pass." Now, assuming, as a lot of us seem to be doing, that Giles is going to come back in some way evil, it's gonna be "Yeah, but FAITH MADE HIM DO IT!"

RipperGilesFan

I just couldn't help thinking, when I read that scene, "Yeah, here goes Angel getting yet another free pass." Now, assuming, as a lot of us seem to be doing, that Giles is going to come back in some way evil, it's gonna be "Yeah, but FAITH MADE HIM DO IT!"

That's my fear as well. And it goes further than that for me too. Chances are that Eyghon!Giles will kill quite a few people/slayers. Suppose Angel manages to restore things later (after the damage has been done) and bring the real Giles back, I can already hear the logic that 'from now on he should understand Angel far better because look at what happened when Eyghon possessed Giles, he wasn't at fault for that, either

But hey, he did it to 'free' Giles soul and yes let's not forget, faith made him do it.....right? ;)

Did Tony even know he was killed?

Yeah, saw an interview once at comic con. he knew,and he already said back then that he knew something we didn't. So apparently he had already been informed about what would happen next.

Top Bottom