• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Angel & Lindsey vs Angel & Lilah

spikenbuffy

"Why can't I stay"
Staff member
Which (non romantic, of course) dynamic/relationship between these two do you prefer on ATS?

Priceless

Scooby
I love them both, but I think Lilah had a more interesting dynamic with Wesley, so I'll got for Lindsey and Angel. I think Lindsey became obsessed with Angel very early on and probably wished he were more like him, realising he'd taken the wrong turning somewhere and although he tried to turn back, it was too late. Lindsey disgusted Angel in many ways, probably seeing the same daddy issues Lindsey had, reflecting his own issues, and no one likes to see their failures reflected back at them.

Myheadsgonenumb

Potential
I'm going to say Lilah and Angel because ... I just don't really understand why Lindsey comes back in s5. It seems more like he's there for the sake of having him there than for any real reason of his own. I know him bringing Spike back gives him narrative purpose, but 15 years on I still don't actually understand what his motivation is. He seems to have done a complete 180 on Wolfram and Hart and Angel from where he was when he left in s2, but he did it off screen so ... uh ... why did this 180 happen? I can't be interested in a dynamic that doesn't seem to make any sense.
Whereas Lilah - you always know where you are with Lilah. She's a company girl who will do whatever it takes to survive. But she just has no time for Angel because he's such a crusading white knight and her disdain for him is delicious to watch. She starts off quite afraid of him, but there's only so many times he can threaten to kill her and then not do it before he loses any sense of threat for her and then she's just done with him. I think Angel respects Lilah more than he respects Lindsey (not that respect is the right word, but he sees her value to W and H and treats her as a worthy adversary whereas he treats Lindsey like a pain in the ass) but I think Lilah has less respect for Angel than Lindsey does - she's sees him as a brown nosing dogooder whereas Lindsey has a sort of hero complex about him. To a certain extent, Lindsey wants to be Angel.
I think the Lindsey/ Angel dynamic is more complex (and sometimes down right mystifying). The Lilah/ Angel dynamic is more straightforward but also more fun to watch. I think her dynamic with Wesley just adds extra layers to the one she has with Angel - like when Angel cares that she's dead because Wesley cares. One on one Lilah and Angel are straightforward adversaries, but there's an interesting complexity that evolves - slightly removed form their face to face interactions - because they both care about the same person.

spikenbuffy

"Why can't I stay"
Staff member
I prefer Angel & Lindsey to Angel & Lilah. I think Lindsey bring something out from Angel, Angel can be quite often playful towards Lindsey (and vice versa), he's not like that towards Lilah, I find Angel more calm towards her.

Top Bottom