• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Angel Rewatch: 1.13 She

Btvs fan

Scooby
Pretty much all fans (with varying views) of Ats think this is a bad episode. Seeing as how Marti Noxon never did a full episode on Angel again and the events of this episode are never mentioned or referenced again, I would guess the writers feel the same way.
1/10 . That 1 is for the dance at the start and that's it.
Thankfully after this episode the season really starts to get good

telperion66

Potential
Love Angel at the party. Its so funny when that woman starts to dance with him and he's just like "ugh, what do I do?!"

Wes is funny at the party, too (Wes' sweater, lol)

Angel taking his solace with phantom Dennis - sweet.

I think the whole male-dominating-the-women angle of their dimension is interesting, and speaks a lot of what tends to go on in our own reality.. worked well.

Angel and mobile phones, lol.

Angel describing the art piece is an absolutely classic scene in the whole series in my opinion!

I think they slightly overdid the "chemistry" between Zira and Angel.. him breathing heavily in her presence came off as a little hokey.

Wes is hilarious when encountering the scantily clad women they need to rescue.. very funny!

Topless Angel after showering.. one for the ladies!

Overall, I do enjoy this episode on re-watch. Solid 7.5/10 for me :cool:

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
This episode tried to make itself parallel to female genital mutilation on this planet which still happens. I don't get why it gets slagged more than some other standalone episodes - you get a decent mix of Angel being at a party, Cordelia's new visions, some battle scenes, Angel trying to act like a guide at the museum and did I mention the battle scenes? Certainly some other episodes are worse. I consider it a decent episode and fun to watch.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
I agree that it's the weakest of the season - although personally, I prefer it to IWRY ;) - but that doesn't make it weak. I recently did a re-watch (meaning I watch someone else reacting to it) and it again reminded me of all the great stuff in it. The first scene with the party at Cordelia's place, Angel pretending to be a museum guide to get away from the security guards, Angel trying to use a cellphone in his car and getting frustrated, Wes and Cordelia at the plant nursery, Sean Gunn's cameo, Wesley with the girls in the baths, Angel letting the bad guys know that he's not as human as they assumed, really there is so much good there that people often overlook because there are the weaker parts, like the whole other-dimension war bleeding into ours and stuff like that. I also think a big part of what makes it weak is that there isn't enough world-building from the other world and so we don't really care what happens to Jhiera and her girls.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Wolves ov Siberia
Black Thorn
I've only watched the episode twice. S1 Angel and S7 Buffy...those discs look brand new because I RARELY bother with them.

Jhiera's "spine" glowing when she's aroused is nearly as laughable as Buffy having Andrew as an ally. Pass.

Top Bottom