• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Angel Rewatch: 1.18 Five by Five

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
Lilah looks good in diamonds, while Faith favours the fight!

Btvs fan

Scooby
You mean 5 by 5 Sanctuary is the next episode

Anyway 5by5 is a 10 out of 10 for me. A perfect episode and one of the best of either show

Last edited:

telperion66

Potential
Great to see Faith again, in her pomp. I kind of feel that she let herself go a bit by the time Buffy season seven/Angel season four came around; her performances lacked intensity and were quite lethargic. But, at this point, she was at her peak.

The various Wolfram & Hart personnel play their part really well in this episode.

The Angel flashbacks appear kind of randomly, yet combine to be both necessary and jarring simultaneously. They're needed to break up the fast-moving Faith-centric narrative but jarring in their randomness.

Cordy, divorce cases and Angel Investigations are just so Angel season one!

Both the cast performances and script are so well crafted in this episode.

Lindsey really continues to show his excellent potential in this episode.

I have to say, this is by far my favourite performance in the Buffy/Angelverse of Eliza Dushku. She just becomes Faith in all her troubled glory here.

Beautiful ending with Angel cradling Faith and Wes dropping the knife.

Very strong episode overall. It doesn't get much better than this.

8.8/10 :cool:

Btvs fan

Scooby
Great to see Faith again, in her pomp. I kind of feel that she let herself go a bit by the time Buffy season seven/Angel season four came around; her performances lacked intensity and were quite lethargic. But, at this point, she was at her peak.

The various Wolfram & Hart personnel play their part really well in this episode.

The Angel flashbacks appear kind of randomly, yet combine to be both necessary and jarring simultaneously. They're needed to break up the fast-moving Faith-centric narrative but jarring in their randomness.

Cordy, divorce cases and Angel Investigations are just so Angel season one!

Both the cast performances and script are so well crafted in this episode.

Lindsey really continues to show his excellent potential in this episode.

I have to say, this is by far my favourite performance in the Buffy/Angelverse of Eliza Dushku. She just becomes Faith in all her troubled glory here.

Beautiful ending with Angel cradling Faith and Wes dropping the knife.

Very strong episode overall. It doesn't get much better than this.

8.8/10 :cool:

Disagree about both Eliza performance in Angel S4/Buffys7 (which is I know if personal preference) and the flashbacks. They are meant to provide a comparison with Angel and Faith. Angel when souled like Faith is feeling what he'd done and trying to play up to that role and be killed "I'm a Monster a monster" "I'm bad I'm evil".

Reactions: Bop
Top Bottom