• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Angel Rewatch: 1.22 To Shanshu in LA

Btvs fan

Scooby
Last episode on the day the first episode aired 20 years ago.
This is an interesting one.
On one level the plot is actually very basic. Evil bad guy attacks Hero's friends. Hero gets mad and stomps him. While the Bad guy shot in the daylight doesnt work and looks like he's coming from an SnM party.

Yet inspite of all of that it's really fun episode. A nice pace with some great effects and fight scene. The stand off between Lyndsey and Angel is fantastic. While its arguably one of Charisma's best performances on the show. The writers get to destroy Angel HQ which apparently they hated filming in. Oh yeah the extras in paint also die too :D
All in all a good fun season finale stage for S2 with the Box reveal 😎

8/10

telperion66

Potential
Always nice seeing the gang together at the office, particularly since this is the last episode before it gets blown up by Voka. Always good to see David Nabitt also.

The hex that Voka puts on Cordy to put her into a perpetual nightmare state is particularly gruesome.

I for one am gutted that the writers saw fit to end the involvement of the Oracles in the show.. pity.

Overall, this is tightly written episode that is performed with charm by all.

7.7/10 for me :cool:

spikenbuffy

"You have superpowers,that's so cool,can you fly?"
Angel cutting off Lindsey's hand was totally badass and powerful ! "Don't believe everything you're foretold" 😄

My favorite finale of ATS besides Home.

Top Bottom