• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Angel s11 - is it worth it?

Foxy

I am cookie dough!
Sineya
I am a Buffy completist. I have all the comics published by darkhorse. However, I have my doubts about Angel s11.

Last year, I started reading s11, but the story was really awful, imo. I stopped reading when I was about 5 issues in. Does it get better? Is it worth the money? (If yes I will wait until they release the library editions bc they are cheaper). Please, let me know :)

Grace

Destructo-Girl
Black Thorn
The short answer is no. There are a couple of issues that are half-decent, but the overall story is a hot mess.

Also, I don’t think there will be library editions of Season 11. Dark Horse no longer has the license and they’ve said they have no plans for library editions after the Season 10 ones that came out last year.

Foxy

I am cookie dough!
Sineya
Thank you. I still want my collection to be complete...but yeah I don't know if it is worth it for me. Sad to hear that it didn't get better.

katmobile

Potential
The issue with Angel against the clock on the cover has some nice background for his character but on the whole I'd tick the box saying no and just get that issue.

katmobile

Potential
It's a shame that Buffy season eleven wouldn't get a library edition as that was an interesting concept even those who the ending didn't work for should own that IMO.

wickedwillow

Potential
It's a shame that Buffy season eleven wouldn't get a library edition as that was an interesting concept even those who the ending didn't work for should own that IMO.
I thought it was one of the strongest seasons of the comic story wise.

K
katmobile
Yeah it was doing something different with the verse without the wtf moments of seasons 8 &9. I loved the political analogy too. A home run in an empty park. It deserved a wider audience and might have done some good also I loved how strong B &W were

The Bronze

Rogue Demon Hunter
Black Thorn
As a completist you're going to buy it anyway if you haven't already. However be warned that Angel Season 11 is rubbish and also the Giles series is terrible.

Last edited:
Foxy
Foxy
I did get the Giles volume, but I won't be getting Angels s11.

wickedwillow

Potential
As a completist you're going to buy it anyway if you haven't already. However be warned that the Angel Season 11 is rubbish and also the Giles series is terrible.
I am a completist, but even I find it hard to spend money on AS 11.

Foxy
Foxy
Agreed

Willow Tara

Grr Argh - aka WhedonverseFan
Sineya
As a completist you're going to buy it anyway if you haven't already. However be warned that Angel Season 11 is rubbish and also the Giles series is terrible.
Do you mean "Giles: Girl Blue"? Was thinking about buying that one. What is wrong with it? (If your answer contains spoilers for season 11, please don´t tell me. Thanks :)) You think it´s not worth the money?

The Bronze

Rogue Demon Hunter
Black Thorn
Do you mean "Giles: Girl Blue"? Was thinking about buying that one. What is wrong with it? (If your answer contains spoilers for season 11, please don´t tell me. Thanks :)) You think it´s not worth the money?
Yes that's the one. It would be easier to tell you everything that's not wrong with it...

Now onto the problems. Giles is unrecognisable as a character. He doesn't think, act or speak like Giles.

The dialogue is god awful.

The page layout and story telling ranges from confusing to boring.

They introduce a new character which is the actual focus of the mini series. This character makes very little sense within the verse.

I don't think there are any spoilers with regards to Season 11 because it barely ties into any actual sense of the Buffyverse at all. When there is something in the last issue it's again nonsensical.

No it's not worth your money :)

Willow Tara
Willow Tara
Okay thanks :)
Foxy
Foxy
Too late for me I guess, but in my defense it was on sale on Amazon and got the the volume for 5 pounds. Which isn't too bad.
Top Bottom