• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Angel Season 1 Rewatch

nightshade

Can I be a sloth?
Staff member
Black Thorn
I know for me, while it's not been 20 years since I've seen season one of Angel it has been a few years, so this is a good time for us to rewatch it. We'll be doing an episode a week, so people can watch whenever they are able to, I'm sure that we could use the chatbox at times when watching too.

Here is the episode watching schedule:

May 11th - City Of
May 18th - Lonely Hearts
May 25th - In The Dark
June 1st - I Fall to Pieces
June 8th - Rm w/a vu
June 15th - Sense and Sensitivity
June 22nd - Bachelor Party
June 29th - I Will Remember You
July 6th - Hero
July 13th - Parting Gifts
July 20th - Somnambulist
July 27th - Expecting
August 3rd - She
August 10th - I've Got You Under My Skin
August 17th - Prodigal
August 24th - The Ring
August 31st - Eternity
September 7th - Sanctuary
September 14th - Five by Five
September 21st - War Zone
September 28th - Blind Date
October 5th - To Shanshu in LA

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
I'm in! Especially since my favorite Buffy reactor just began S1 of Angel, so it's a perfect time to re-watch along with him and now whoever joins here, too :D

Nix

Evil Nix 😈
Sineya
I love season one of Angel.... I'll do my best to join in but you might have to remind me in the mornings of the relevant days lol... you know my brain is mush!

Willow Tara

Grr Argh - aka WhedonverseFan
Sineya
I'm defenitely in!!! :)
Will we do the other seasons too? :D
I'm not sure I can make it everyday, since I'm watching other things too and my parents don't want that I watch too much TV. Plus homework and learning for exams etc. But I'll try to make it on a semi-regular basis. ;)
I can skip some episodes and when I have time I'll watch the eps that you are currently on :)

Puppet
Puppet
It's not every day. You can see the dates in the original post :)

telperion66

Potential
Looking forward to it!

Seeing the episodes fully listed like that just makes you realise what a great series of television the first season of Angel was.

It truly grows on you, stands the test of time and just gets better with age like an ongoing friendship with warm fuzzy feelings.

nightshade

Can I be a sloth?
Staff member
Black Thorn
Remember we're starting this, this weekend. You don't have to watch it on the Saturday just try to watch the episode at some point in that week.

Reactions: Nix

Name the Stars

You can't see the stars, love. That's the ceiling.
Black Thorn
Is it okay if I join in? I've already started my rewatch of Season 1, but I'm only a few eps in, and I can rewatch the rewatch. I love talking Angel with fellow fans!

Mr Trick

Scooby
I did a full-rewatch recently so I won't watch all the episodes. But might jump in for the odd episode. Depending on the time might have to miss the watch Saturday.

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
I might pop in with an observation here or there, since I'm watching S1 at the moment. :)

And I have no problem with Angel's actions in IWRY. I'm an Angel advocate.

#Angeladvocate. :D

nightshade

Can I be a sloth?
Staff member
Black Thorn
I've managed to get another free Prime trial so if anyone wants to do a group watch in the next 4 weeks I'll see if I can work out rabb.it (anyone know if it's not doable via amazon?)

Black Thorn
I would but I’m lending my friend my Angel dvds (she’s a major fan of Buffy and I managed to convince her to watch Angel) but she doesn’t binge shows like I do so it might be a while before I get them back.

nightshade

Can I be a sloth?
Staff member
Black Thorn
If I can get rabb.it to work you can still watch that episode with us as it just requires one person to have it and we all watch together.

nightshade

Can I be a sloth?
Staff member
Black Thorn
Now that we're over half way through, does anyone have a moment or even episode that they have looked at differently during this rewatch?

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
I still don't like I Will Remember You much, but I do have a newfound appreciation for why others enjoy it thanks to watching my favorite reactor, well, reacting to it :D

Mylie

Scooby
I still don't like I Will Remember You much, but I do have a newfound appreciation for why others enjoy it thanks to watching my favorite reactor, well, reacting to it :D
Oh wow, now I'm intrigued... who are they?

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Oh wow, now I'm intrigued... who are they?
Liam Duke, he's reacting to both shows and is currently reaching the end of S4/S1 individually. I just love his reactions and thoughts on it :)

Top Bottom