1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Angel season four appreciation

Discussion in 'Season 4' started by Wesley Pryce, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Evil Seal

Evil Seal I'm sorry, I was myth-taken.

Personally, I can't stand Connor. But the rest is actually cool. Especially Spin the Bottle and Orpheus of course but also Gwen, Jasmine, Faith... Everything that has been mentioned above.
    I had to endure all the Connor scenes (which include some of Cordelia's as well of course) but the rest was brilliant. Pure Buffyverse material.
    P.S : I never saw the problem with Dawn, but I want to punch Connor in the face.

Mr Trick likes this.
  2. Puppet

Puppet My ass is not pansy!

Black Thorn
    The stand-outs for me (and I really don't like AtS S4) are Spin the Bottle, Players, and the entire Angelus arc (not counting that ridiculous 'dream' episode right before he becomes Angelus.) When I don't do full on re-watches, those are the only episodes I tend to watch. But I'm planning a full re-watch soon, so maybe I'll change my mind; I tend to enjoy Buffy S4 more and more with each re-watch, so you never know :p

bafshd: I actually preferred Buffy s4 the first time I saw it, but it's still better than Ats s4 imo
  3. Evil Seal

Yeah I'm in the middle of a full re-watch that's why I'm on this thread. I watching Home as we speak. But If I wanted to watch standalone episodes, I'd do the same and just watch Spin the Bottle, the whole Faith/Angelus shindig and Players

Puppet: I may or may not agree, we'll see after my re-watch lol
    Puppet likes this.
  4. Evil Seal

I just watched A Hole In The World... The last time I cried so hard was when I watched Dead Poet Society :'(

5. AlphaFoxtrot

AlphaFoxtrot Potential

At the time, we were hoping for some sort of tie in with what was happening on Buffy, so that was some what of a letdown. And the whole thing was pretty anti-climatic. I mean, I liked it, but for a plot that was literally four years in the making...

6. Evil Seal

I'm sorry this is season FOUR appreciation. My bad, I was myth-taken

7. dcai0830

dcai0830 You spent three weeks moaning in a basement!

Black Thorn
    I wanted to quote your entire meta but I will contain myself ;). I had never thought of this book end. What an incredibly smart thing for the writers to do, to show you the beginning and end of the journey, coming full circle.

It's interesting that you say that because that is some of the criticism I hear about Season 4 is that you can tell it was "abruptly put together" but I have always strenuously argued the opposite. When I first saw Season 4 I had no clue about the back story re CC and her pregnancy etc. I did not see anything contrived about the season; it seemed very deliberate and pretty clever. I think many viewers suffer from a case of hindsight and maybe that changes their opinion on the season - a season that is pretty hard on a character that many of the fandom considers a fan favorite - Cordelia.

Did you ever feel that had the pregnancy not been a factor the story would have been drastically different from the one presented to us? Because clearly connecting Connor's birth to a big bad was the plan all along and having Angel in opposition to Cordy was likely always the plot in mind (which explains the Cangel build up in Season 3). So I wonder what if anything changed in the story given the Cordy pregnancy. But I for one am happy it went down as it did because the story was great and I very much enjoy Angel's journey this season and where the story ends up.

8. MarlieTheSlayer

MarlieTheSlayer Bangel shipper

Black Thorn
    This! If the 'master' was a new villain instead of fake Cordelia, there wouldn't have been as much hate as now. S4 doesn't feel rushed to me at all.

dcai0830 likes this.