• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Angel "Season Six" Re-release

VisionBoy

Scooby
Sineya
This may be old news to everyone, but it's the first I've seen of it.

Angel: After the Fall was re-released on October last year under the new title "Angel: season six". Volume One apparently contains Angel AtF issues 1-12 and Spike AtF issues 1-4.
No word yet of a volume 2 as far as I can see and I'm wondering if it'll stop after the next five issues or whether it will continue into "Aftermath" under the season 6 banner.

Anyway, cool that it's getting a re-release. I guess with all the Buffyverse comics out there now, some people might not have realised that season 6 is basically what "After the Fall" was, so maybe it'll draw more people in.

The Bronze

Rogue Demon Hunter
Black Thorn
How strange. They already had the comics, hardcovers, paperbacks, premiere edition, slipcover and digital editions! Good if it gets to new people I guess.

VisionBoy

Scooby
Sineya
What's stupid about that is that, what, Angel goes from Season 6 to 9? lol
I have always found the "season 9/10" label a bit weird. I mean I get that it's because it follows on from Buffy season 8 and that's the point Buffy is at, but if you're not following Buffy, just Angel and Faith, it seems a little odd. It's a bit like if the first season of Ats had been called "season 4". Huh?

Plus I've always wondered if it perhaps puts a few people off, because I personally think it suggests that you need a lot more Buffy comic knowledge to understand the story than you actually do.

Fuffy Baith

2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member
Sineya
Have not read AtF (or any of the comics really) but if it gets more people to read the comics then, it sounds like a good idea. Calling it season 6 only makes sense if they're going to fill in a season 7 and 8.

vellavu

Scooby
Black Thorn
I have always found the "season 9/10" label a bit weird. I mean I get that it's because it follows on from Buffy season 8 and that's the point Buffy is at, but if you're not following Buffy, just Angel and Faith, it seems a little odd. It's a bit like if the first season of Ats had been called "season 4". Huh?

Plus I've always wondered if it perhaps puts a few people off, because I personally think it suggests that you need a lot more Buffy comic knowledge to understand the story than you actually do.
Have not read AtF (or any of the comics really) but if it gets more people to read the comics then, it sounds like a good idea. Calling it season 6 only makes sense if they're going to fill in a season 7 and 8.
"Angel and Faith" is a new title different to "Angel". It's part of the BtVS S9 and S10 as a sub-brand.

Also, the original Angel Investigations were practically disbanded after "Season 6".

Silverspike

Scooby
Well I loved Angel After the Fall. I thought Lynch did a pretty good job making it feel like a natural continuation of the TV show. Weirdly enough far more convincingly then Whedon did with season 8 really.

kamui3

Townie
Sineya
I preferred the Spike comics. Angel After the Fall didn't really feel all that connected to the tv show.

GreyWalker1958

Potential
For sanity purposes, I tend to think of the following :

After the Fall= S6
Beyond The Fall (#18-44)= S7

****TWILIGHT GAP****

Angel and Faith Vol 1= S8
Angel and Faith Vol 2= S9
Angel S11= S10 but its own bubble since its agreed its crap

white avenger

white avenger
No word yet of a volume 2 as far as I can see and I'm wondering if it'll stop after the next five issues or whether it will continue into "Aftermath" under the season 6 banner.
I think that only the issues contained in that single volume are officially acknowledged as Canon by Joss, since he had no input in what was done with the later issues.

Top Bottom