• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Angel & Spike #16 Preview

Priceless

Scooby
Issue 16 wraps everything up very quickly. Fred is a God, Angel kills Lilah, the gang end up at the Hyperion and they are entering the Multiverse. So it's the end for these versions of the gang, but other versions will appear in teh multiverse over on Buffy.

What a disappointing end to the series which was so strong until the new writer took over. It felt very rushed, you can tell this was a last minute cancellation and they had to wrap up the arc in just one issue when it should have lasted another two or three. Really curious what led to the decision, did sales drop significantly with the new writer?

Okay yeah, I just looked up the sales and between June and September the Angel series dropped from 131 best selling to 212 so I'm assuming that trend continued and the October sales were even worse.

Meanwhile Buffy has been consistently hitting around 150 during that same period, even peaking as high as 29th during May.

Even the Willow miniseries consistently performed the same if not better than the Buffy main series, Angel has been the weakest link in the franchise and getting progressively worse sales since the new writer was announced.

Priceless

Scooby
The Angel title was good, actually story wise it was much better than the Buffy title. I'm sad it wasn't as popular. But the new writer is not as good, and the drop in quality shows.

Top Bottom