• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Angel theme is not good compared to buffy

Gibby11

Townie
No spoiler as on season 3 angel theme song is not good compared to the buffy theme song

I've never seen angel just seen all the theme song for it as I'm on season 3 of buffy

Last edited by a moderator:

LemonBanana

Scooby
Sineya
Hi Gibs, see you found our forum here is what I think
I think the Angel theme is quite like the Buffy theme except a bit more James Bond ish! Also didn’t realise you had watched Angel, seen as you are on season three!!! Might get some spoilers from it as now you know that he left poor Buffy to go to Los Angeles! Anyway, I quite like the theme, I think it’s funky! Hahaha 😂 😊 💕 c ya round!

G
Gibby11
I never seen angel just the theme 😂 Song wait so did they break up cuz he turned bad and when he turned good buffy didn't want to date him anymore

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
The Buffy theme is frenetic rock music - good but generic. The angel theme is a lot better. It seems to have a French influence to it, like a Giorgio Moroder theme (he did the theme from Flashdance), very adult and whereas the buffy theme is like effervescent soda, the Angel theme is like fine wine.

LemonBanana
LemonBanana
Wow! Look at you being an expert! I do have to agree... not just to sound smart 😂
G
Gibby11
don't think I've heard of flashdance

Taake

Keeper of the Continuum Transfunctioner
Watcher
Black Thorn
I love the Angel theme. I really love the Buffy theme too though. I think both are perfect for the shows and set the tone well. Hearing either of them makes me smile. Buffy’s is more fun though, while the Angel theme is more beautiful/moody.

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
I love the Angel theme, I tend to skip the Buffy one after a while, but always listen to the Angel one.

1. Angel
  2. Firefly
  3. Buffy

Gibby11

Townie
The Angel theme is great. The Buffy theme not so much.
Disagree buffy more fun as angel more slow and less upbeat

I love the Angel theme, I tend to skip the Buffy one after a while, but always listen to the Angel one.

1. Angel
  2. Firefly
  3. Buffy
The buffy theme scary so look away if watching but better song than angel as less upbeat

I love the Angel theme. I really love the Buffy theme too though. I think both are perfect for the shows and set the tone well. Hearing either of them makes me smile. Buffy’s is more fun though, while the Angel theme is more beautiful/moody.
What you mean by moody it's less upbeat I agree

Taake

Keeper of the Continuum Transfunctioner
Watcher
Black Thorn
What you mean by moody it's less upbeat I agree
By moody I mean a bit melancholy I suppose, it makes me feel the tone of the show, which I really like. A Buffy styled theme song wouldn’t have worked for Angel, and vice versa.

G
Gibby11
oh ok never seen it so didn't know also is their not much comedy for one off ep and more serious

Athena

The original one-eyed chicklet
Staff member
Black Thorn
Both themes suit their respective show.

Angel is more macabre, the character is in the shadows coming to terms with his past and righting his wrongs, and so his theme is haunting and melodious
Buffy is the peppy blonde high schooler, with quips and more lighter in tone, so her theme is more rock influenced. I'm glad they didn't take it more "pop" to be honest.

I think both themes are pretty fab, but the Angel one was my ringtone of choice back in the polyphonic days.... 😂

VisionGirl
VisionGirl
I had a Dollhouse ringtone- the bells part anyway

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
By moody I mean a bit melancholy I suppose, it makes me feel the tone of the show, which I really like. A Buffy styled theme song wouldn’t have worked for Angel, and vice versa.
I think I would have said it was atmospheric. It seems like music for a night person with the smoothness that evokes the spirit of the night - not everything is lit up for you to see, but the chord progressions are dramatic so you know something of emotional significance is going on.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
A Buffy styled theme song wouldn’t have worked for Angel, and vice versa.
I think Angel's theme would have worked for Buffy. The credits would have had to be altered somewhat but I certainly think it could have worked for the show.

Gibby11

Townie
Both themes suit their respective show.

Angel is more macabre, the character is in the shadows coming to terms with his past and righting his wrongs, and so his theme is haunting and melodious
Buffy is the peppy blonde high schooler, with quips and more lighter in tone, so her theme is more rock influenced. I'm glad they didn't take it more "pop" to be honest.

I think both themes are pretty fab, but the Angel one was my ringtone of choice back in the polyphonic days.... 😂
What do u mean polyphonic

Athena

The original one-eyed chicklet
Staff member
Black Thorn
What do u mean polyphonic
Ringtones used to be polyphonic, just tonal notes, back in the day when mobile phones were more like bricks...

Top Bottom