• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Angels Fetishes

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
He seemed to have a few... first to come to mind is
Nuns
high school girls
spanking
What else?

thrasherpix
thrasherpix
I'd look up the fanfic if I dared.
Angel6
Angel6
You mean Angelus right?
DeadlyDuo
DeadlyDuo
He really went to town on Drusilla who was "chaste and pure". So maybe corrupting innocence?

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
@Angel6 Two out of the three mentioned he expressed as Angel.

Does leather count? Shared that one with Spike it seems.

S

SpikeRocks

Haha! An old thread, but this is fun lol. I'd add "convents" to that as well....Angel has said he has a thing for convents (kinda goes with your nuns). And I'd say there's no reason to distinguish Angel/Angelus on this....fetishes would be the same whether with his soul or without, it would just be a matter of how or if he's willing to indulge in them.

And yes, I'd count leather...and button-down dress shirts (kind of metro-dressing/fashion in general....I feel like that falls into fetish territory)

How about, petite blondes too?

I like @DeadlyDuo 's comment, he's attracted to innocence/purity

TriBel

Scooby
Depends on how you define "fetish": "a form of sexual desire in which gratification is linked to an abnormal degree to a particular object, item of clothing, part of the body, etc."

@DeadlyDuo 's comment, "He really went to town on Drusilla who was "chaste and pure". So maybe corrupting innocence?" is, IMO, fetish in this sense.

We learn in A11 that his father feared he'd corrupt his younger sister, Kathy (I've phrased that badly - I don't mean incest - more make her evil). There a thread through from Kathy to Drusilla and then to Buffy (Innocence). Kathy also put him under a mandate to remember her - so Kathy and Buffy are linked through IWRY. I'd say "Innocence" was the fetish. Corruption is a conscious act by Angelus and an unconscious'repressed fear of Angel.

The second meaning of fetish is "an inanimate object worshipped for its supposed magical powers or because it is considered to be inhabited by a spirit". Personally, I think Angel fetishizes his soul... and his father. Doesn't he masquerade as a priest (a father) to corrupt Drusilla? I'm guessing much of this can be linked through Freud's Totem and Taboo (I know Whedon's supposedly a fan of Joseph Campbell and I think Campbell's influenced by Freud and Jung).

Angel has said he has a thing for convents (kinda goes with your nuns).
Can I just point out that Nuns are called "Sister"?

S

SpikeRocks

Absolutely @TriBel

Angel's Fetishes (updated list):
*Convents
*Nuns....."sisters"
*"Fathers"
*Spanking
*Fabrics/fashion (leather, silk, etc)
*High school girls (maybe just a likely on this one, idk)
*Petite blondes
*Innocence
*Concept of "the soul/his soul"

Top Bottom