• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Angelus and Buffy

Gnomie192

Townie
Angelus says to Spike:

"To kill this girl you have to love her"

Deep down does Angelus love buffy?

Is Angelus capable of love?

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
Maybe not love but obsession? They've sort of set up that vampires can't truly love without a soul. Which I don't really like lol. I definitely think Angelus wanted to possess Buffy.

burrunjor

Potential
I think it was just a sick joke at Buffy's expense. He definitely doesn't love her. He finds love and any kind of humanity repulsive. I think he was also referring to his time as Angel and the fact that because of that he now has a big advantage that Spike didn't have as he knows what makes her tick, how to hurt her etc.

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
I think he finds what he feels for her repulsive in himself, which says to me, that there's something there. Maybe not true love, but something.

:)

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
Yes, Angelus loved Buffy. In subsequent seasons it was shown that Angelus saw and felt the same emotions as Angel, his love for her was simply an obsession. The same way Spike was obsessed with her at the start. Both of the soulless vampires loved her in a soulless vampire way.

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
Angelus is well aware of everything Buffy confided to Angel and thus, now he knows who and what is important to her. He could then do what he did to Drusilla, kill off her friends, kill her family, gaslight her and get her to a state of mental unbalance where she would not be able to fight him. Drusilla recognized this immediately as the tactics he used on her.

burrunjor

Potential
I think he finds what he feels for her repulsive in himself, which says to me, that there's something there. Maybe not true love, but something.

:)

Sorry I didn't see it that way. The thing I like about Angelus, or rather what makes him an effective villain is the way he is so dedicated he treats everyone in the same cruel way. He doesn't care about his victims except as people he can destroy, he doesn't hold grudges, and he doesn't even see any value in killing someone as important as a Slayer or a hero. It's all just about the torture.

As a result he'll torture even a harmless bystander in a way a normal villain would their archenemy. We saw that with the guy whose babies he killed. "Who would go to that effort" and what he did to Giles. Giles is utterly irrelevant to him. Most other big bads don't even know who Giles is and if the likes of The Master or Glory met him, they'd just snap his neck.

Angelus however goes out of his way to torture Giles just for the fun of it. It's not even as though what he did to Giles re Jenny was planned. When he killed Jenny he just took advantage of the fact that he could hurt Giles. It probably popped into his head when he snapped her neck "hey I can use her corpse for this."

Buffy really wasn't any different to Angelus in this respect. He maybe saw a potential for a "masterpiece" in her like Drusilla at first because of her connection to him, but by I Only Have Eyes For You he realised he couldn't break her, and was willing to just kill her. "This Slayer thing is getting old."

When he lost his soul a second time he didn't bother to track her down. He just adapted to the people near him like Cordy, Connor, and Faith and tormented them just as viciously as he did Buffy.

Ironically Spike in season 4 is more of a proper archenemy in that unlike Angelus, he actually does track her down, and he views killing her as a big deal. (Though we know he has other reasons underneath LOL. Angelus is just a bastard to everyone.)

Ann

Nee chatwuann Bangel
Where I live, but really don't want to be.
All Angelus feels for Buffy is contempt, contempt for everything she represents. People are just playthings to satiate his cruel nature with. It amuses him for a time and then he moves on to the next one. His goal was to destroy her. her love for Angel, her love for her friends and family, destroy her emotionally. Then when he was ready; kill her. Buffy was strong and what he did didn't work after the initial encounter in "Innocence." She caught on to his game and wanted to fight and then stake him. Unfortunately she sent Angel into Acathla instead of Angelus.

white avenger

white avenger
Deep down does Angelus love buffy?
Maybe not love but obsession?
I think it was just a sick joke at Buffy's expense. He definitely doesn't love her.
I think that Angelus was referring to the physical act, which he would equate with rape or humiliation, to the point of total breakdown of the victim, rather than anything even remotely romantic, something like he did when he turned Dru. To a twisted mind like his, that would be the purest form of love.

Top Bottom