1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Angelus in Season 4

Discussion in 'Season 4' started by GraceK, Nov 12, 2016.

1. Agent Z

Agent Z Townie

That's my point though. The danger isn't Angelus himself, it's Buffy's inability to put the safety of others above her own emotions. Angelus isn't any more of a threat than future of previous villains, he's supernatural equivalent of an asshole ex-boyfriend. Most of his kills are off screen extras we have no connection to and even Jenny only died because Angelus found out she was trying to restore his soul.

2. Mr Trick

Mr Trick Scooby

I still think he felt like a threat though. I think the performance and writing of the character was better in Buffy than in Angel. And what you are talking about is just good writing and that's why you feel the threat from Angelus because you care about what happens to the Scoobies. Sometimes less is more too. Because Angelus is quite a hammy character then I think he works better in small doses. Its also that sense he can take you out at any moment that makes him such a scary character.

3. MarieVampSlayer

MarieVampSlayer I’m the thing that monsters have nightmares about!

Sineya
    I too was so desappointed when he came back because he could have help elevate a bad season. I think that he should have killed someone important even maybe Lilah instead of having evil Cordy doing the deed. I also think he would pursue and torture Connor the most. He would be mad at Connor for making him feel the fatherly love and would probably become obsess with him. Angelus always give himself challenges when it came to inflincting pain and Connor was his chance to torture his child, an opportunity he never got before. This would be new and exciting to him.

thrasherpix and Priceless like this.
  4. Fenrir

Fenrir Potential

I always felt that Cordelia killing Lilah was random and unnecessary. There were better ways Why did Angelus drink her? Just for kicks? I guess it'd hurt Wesley as the one who'd arranged the removal of Wesley's soul but still, wouldn't it have been more worrying for the gang for them to discover Lilah had just been stabbed by... someone, something? Why didn't Angelus

But yeah, Angelus really didn't seem that focussed on one of the gang. Bit of a general screwing everyone around.

MarieVampSlayer likes this.
  5. Jam

Jam Pepper spray is just so passé

I too am rather unimpressed with Angelus in season four. He just talks so much and with such energy (at least from what I can remember); the Angelus we see in season two of Buffy was a lot more quiet and it suited the character very well – it made the character a lot more menacing. If I remember correctly, David was allowed to improvise more as Angelus in season four and, quite frankly, it shows.