• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Anne & Angel in Blood Money

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
My guess is, Sunnydale has a lot of esoteric societies, and this Vampire one just fell into the hands of Ford & Co. Think of it this way. We know the Master is a traditionalist, he would want his familiars. Why grab guys off the street when you can have worshipers? He sets up an "Esoteric Order of Aurelius," they deliver him bodies and services, he makes a couple of them immortal. Then the earthquake of '37 happens, Master is gone. By the year 1997, the Order is just a few old timers, fanatics still hoping for that reward, but mostly meeting up for cards on Tuesday, then every couple of weeks, then not so much. A new young man from LA shows up, claiming to have read about the Society from an old Newspaper clippings, organizes a couple of youth events, effectively takes control of the organization when the last member is "rewarded." They already have the wardrobe, and the resources to rent the special club.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
Being threatened by a marauding band of vampires would also cloud her memory beyond that moment of several days
Also you then had the events in Anne. Someone being unkind is less memorable than nearly being killed by Spike and his gang, struggling to survive on the street, forging a bond with someone who dies, nearly being enslaved in a demon dimension by Ken and company, etc.

Mr Trick

Scooby
I don't think he remembered her. It was a brief meeting in the past and she did look very different then. Got the impression she remembered him though. I like what they did with Anne on Angel, but we should have gotten more from her I think.

Myheadsgonenumb

Potential
Darla couldn't remember her own name. It's probably not even a name lost to history, Maestro seems like the type to insist on a church funeral and formal burial. But if Darla can't remember her name, then surely Angel could forget Anne.
Interesting side note - I had reason to look up the colony Darla must have been in in 1609. There had been a poor harvest in the summer and everyone was starving and a vast percentage of the population were dying so a church burial may not have been on the cards (if there was even a church established at the time - these colonists are not the Mayflower lot, they're there for commercial reasons not religious ones) BUT there were so few women there (2 - I think) that they're names are still recorded (Margaret, the wife of a settler and her servant Ann). So, if in the Buffyverse, Darla was there as well - her name would be recorded too. She could just look it up on Wikipedia ... except Wikipedia didn't exist back when she last staked herself. But Angel could look it up on Wikipedia, if he's feeling curious.

It made sense to me that Angel not recognise Anne - he only says one line to her, it's Xander and Willow that have an entire conversation with her and she looked very different at the time. His interest in her in season 2 of Ats is her link to Wolfram and Hart, he isn't interested in looking deep into her face and working out she's the same girl he spoke to for a couple of seconds a few years ago but with different clothes, hair and makeup. It's just not on his radar- he's a man on a mission.

And there's no reason Anne would recognise or even remember him. One line of conversation, three years ago, in a dark club ... she doesn't have an established photographic memory.

It's one of those fans want to see it, but it wouldn't be true to life moments. Anne is there as continuity for the viewer - not for the characters.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
And there's no reason Anne would recognise or even remember him. One line of conversation, three years ago, in a dark club ... she doesn't have an established photographic memory.
Also there was a dark haired guy there that was dressed exactly the same as Angel so she could easily be confusing the two.

Top Bottom