• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Any new RPGs starting soon?

SinisterPledge

Shipping Lander!
Hey, first of all, sorry if this is the wrong forum.

So I've noticed this forum has gone a bit stale with no new posts for a couple of months, at least. Is anyone planning on starting a new RPG, if so, I'd gladly join. I love role-playing. :)

Harley

Imported from Detroit
Sineya
If I remember correctly, RPGs are member started/run. So, if you have an idea, feel free to start one. Make sure you read the posting guidelines =). Also, it never hurts to talk to some members so you dont start and have no response. Good luck.

HisMrs

The Walking BED
Sineya
[MENTION=6792]Harley[/MENTION] is correct! If you want to try to get an RP started, go right ahead! Please make sure you read this thread first, and then start planning your RP with your fellow BB'ers. :)

TaraSpike

Laura Hollis
Sineya
Not to step on [MENTION=11961]Frooley[/MENTION]'s toes at all, but I thought I would jump into this post and sort of assess the level of interest in starting up a new rp! If you're interested, your input would be welcome as I have a few vague ideas but am not sure what you all would like. I figure I'll throw out a few ideas and hope this is okay with the mods...

1) We throw all the characters we wanna play into an AU free-for-all sort of setting (maybe around season 5 or 6) and see where things go.
2) Something set a year or so after Chosen/Not Fade Away. There's a new time jumping demon of some sort that's working on bringing all of Buffy's old foes back from the past and the gang has to figure out how to defeat them again (with help of the LA crowd).
3) Also post Chosen/Not Fade Away. Angel's soul is taken away yet again, badness ensues. Will Buffy have to kill him again? Can she keep Spike from getting there first? Could be combined with idea above.
4) The adventures of a Slayer prior to Buffy in history, all original characters obviously.
5) Some sort of Firefly storyline? Lots of possibilities here. Maybe even a crossover of some variety?

Or...anything else! I just really wanna write something in the verse with a creative crowd like you guys so I thought I'd get the ball rolling before making any sort of official post in here.

Selfless705

I'm not mainstream!!
I would love to be part of any new RPG's here. Personally I prefer Original Character RPG's, but would definitely be up with one using the characters from the shows.

And I feel in RPG's you cant set a whole storyline, just set a basis, and a setting then let it develop... because if it revolves around a few select, or one character it could be very short if one person stops posting :)

Jules

Bite Me
Black Thorn
I love RPG's so I'd be interested in joining. I prefer RPG's were you can create your own characters (I'm not good at playing characters like they appear in the show) so maybe combining the two. For example using storyline 2 so you can have original characters but also letting members create their own character's like a new slayer. Just an idea.

Jodast

Hand of the King
Sineya
I am used to pen-and-paper RPGs and haven't ever done one on a forum before, but would be interested joining if one were to begin.

SinisterPledge

Shipping Lander!
Not to step on [MENTION=11961]Frooley[/MENTION]'s toes at all, but I thought I would jump into this post and sort of assess the level of interest in starting up a new rp! If you're interested, your input would be welcome as I have a few vague ideas but am not sure what you all would like. I figure I'll throw out a few ideas and hope this is okay with the mods...

1) We throw all the characters we wanna play into an AU free-for-all sort of setting (maybe around season 5 or 6) and see where things go.
2) Something set a year or so after Chosen/Not Fade Away. There's a new time jumping demon of some sort that's working on bringing all of Buffy's old foes back from the past and the gang has to figure out how to defeat them again (with help of the LA crowd).
3) Also post Chosen/Not Fade Away. Angel's soul is taken away yet again, badness ensues. Will Buffy have to kill him again? Can she keep Spike from getting there first? Could be combined with idea above.
4) The adventures of a Slayer prior to Buffy in history, all original characters obviously.
5) Some sort of Firefly storyline? Lots of possibilities here. Maybe even a crossover of some variety?

Or...anything else! I just really wanna write something in the verse with a creative crowd like you guys so I thought I'd get the ball rolling before making any sort of official post in here.
No problem at all. I don't really have time to write anything myself at the moment. My vote goes to suggestions 1, 2 and 3. :D

sleecin

Potential
Sineya
I would be more then happy to RPG. I Am open to play almost any character. I know most of them pretty well , the ones I have a hard time doing right is Spike and Angel for some reason. I am open buffyverse, angelverse, fireflyverse, dollverse. And crossovers :)

sleecin

Potential
Sineya
I take it were talking about a role play game? How does that work on a forum?
Here is an example *bah could not link yet* Anyhow, in this forum section there is an example post. Check that one out.

In short you type out your characters action and speak like in the example. you can only tyoe what your character is doing. Not what others are doing.

Then someone else replys to your characters speak and actions.

fredthe3rd

Potential
A bit like writing a script as a team? Sounds quite interesting that.

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

Would the hunger games with potentials work?

Top Bottom