• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Anya and Cordy friends?

MarieVampSlayer

Bloody hell, Sodding, blimey, shagging, knickers..
Sineya
Hi all!

I was reading a another thread about Cordy coming back to Sunnydale after her time on Angel and I was wondering what a Anya/Cordy dynamic would be.

Do you think they would be friends?
Do you think Anya would be jealous of Cordy because of her past with Xander?

I could see Anya feeling threaten at first by Cordy's presence but I think Cordy would put an end to it. She would tell Anya that she is sooo over Xander and that she can have him all to herself. After that, they could become great buddies and talk about Xander's flaw obviously in his face which would be hilarious!

What do you guys think?

Fool for Buffy

I'm just being a big nerd again
Sineya
Anya would certainly get jealous at first, considering she was jealous of Willow while she was in a relationship with a woman. But I do think Cordy would enjoy Anya’s humor and attitude towards monsters and fighting, and they could become casual friends. Plus, Anya has seen 1000 years of fashion, and we can tell by her flashbacks that she has style.

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
OMG could you imagine the snark? They could either fight over Xander or take turns deriding him because it could be written either way. Cordy would eventually notice how clueless she was about humanity and that would come up as a subject. Or perhaps, Cordy would remember their first encounter in "The Wish" in visions. Cordy's visions could also be used by the scoobies to show them where the next mission was going to appear. This could have been a better run than she got on Angel. (Who am I kidding, anything would be a better run than she had on Angel!)

Andreana22

Potential
Anya and Cordy could talk about their experiences running businesses. I can see Xander trying to put down Anya for saying something weird and Cordelia telling Xander he needs to stop criticizing his girlfriend for not being like everyone else. Anya's smart and funny and had the courage to start over after being a demon for a thousand years. She deserves some respect.

MarieVampSlayer
MarieVampSlayer
Love it! Cordy wouls def have Anya's back.

Andreana22

Potential
Anya and Cordy could talk about their experiences running businesses. I can see Xander trying to put down Anya for saying something weird and Cordelia telling Xander he needs to stop criticizing his girlfriend for not being like everyone else. Anya's smart and funny and had the courage to start over after being a demon for a thousand years. She deserves some respect.
I'm watching Buffy and Angel for the first time and wrote the post above while I was part way through season 6 BtVS/3 AtS. I just finished season 6 of BtVS where Xander left Anya at the altar and Anya went back to being a vengeance demon. I guess I still see a lot of similarities between Cordelia and Anya at this point, if not more. Cordelia and Xander had bad breakups with each other too and Cordelia also tried to go back to her former life like Anya has done. Cordelia tends to be pretty honest with people and Anya does too. They both had to grow up fast. They both started businesses and worked hard for what they have. As for morality, I think Anya is less emotionally self aware since she didn't have a chance to have human experiences while she was a demon where Cordelia is very emotional in tune. As for Anya going back to being a vengeance demon...she tried to wreak vengeance on Xander but couldn't and is having to work things out with him instead, so I guess I hope that makes her realize that revenge isn't healthy and is one sided. Maybe Cordelia would reinforce that for Anya. Cordelia was bitter when Xander left her as well, but then she was able to move on and be happy.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
I don't think Anya and Cordy would be friends.

Cordy took Anya under her wing in The Wish (much like she did with Buffy in WTTH) however, post-The Wish, it didn't seem like Cordy and Anya hung out much at all. They'd be polite to each other but I don't think they'd be friends.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Hail Hydra 💀
Black Thorn
Cordy is a "collector" of people. I've known women like her; always trying to surround themselves with those who have the right look, the right hair, etc.

Anya would never allow herself to be one of Cordy's sheep. They'd never be friends...one snippy insult from Cordy and Anya rips her face off. :D

Andreana22

Potential
I just watched Selfless, the episode that features Anya, for the first time. Wow. It's funny, Anya became a vengeance demon and Cordy also became part demon. But Anya's path was a lot darker. They never focused on how dark Anya was when she was a vengeance demon until this episode so I didn't realize. It's like they're two sides of the same coin. I've heard people talk about Buffy and Faith that way.

Spanky

I'm came here to chew bubblegum and go off topic.
Black Thorn
Cordy is a "collector" of people. I've known women like her; always trying to surround themselves with those who have the right look, the right hair, etc.
It's okay for a woman to be a collector of women but when a dude does it they deride him as freak and a menace and call him Buffalo Bill. Double standard.

Andreana22

Potential
Oops, I tried to edit an earlier post in this thread but passed the 15 minute limit. Here's what I going to change it to. It got a little wordy. :)

I just finished season 3 of AtS and am starting in on season 7 of Buffy for the first time. I just watched "Selfless", the episode that features Anya. Wow. I knew Anya became a vengeance demon and Cordy also became part demon, but Anya's path was a lot darker. They never focused on how dark Anya was when she was a vengeance demon until this episode, so I didn't realize.

Anya and Cordy have a lot of outward similarities (strong women who say what they think, good business sense, failed relationships with Xander), but after watching "Selfless", it feels like Anya is actually more like Angel or Spike in that she lost her humanity and then it was given back to her. But she didn't realize how much it changed her until she tried to go back to being a demon again.

They also show Anya as always having being very literal, that it wasn't because she was a demon for so long. She kind of acts Asperger-ish in that has trouble understanding peoples' feelings. But feelings are something Cordelia understands really well.

But even with those differences, Cordy seems to like helping repentant souls who are socially awkward (cough, Angel) so I could see them getting along at this point. I think everyone else commenting doubts Cordy and Anya would get along but they've also seen both series all the way through, so it will be interesting to see if and when my opinion flips the other way. :)

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
I was under the impression they were. Anya was hanging out with the Cordettes at the time of the Wish. We don't see really anything of Cordie between December and May, aside from checking in from time to time. I mean, Anya knew of both Willow's skills as a magic user, and Xander's pluses and minuses as a boyfriend, information of which Cordie was a secret keeper of. My head canon guess is, they hung out between the break up and her father's tax problems and she had to take an after school job. My headcanon, in case you are wondering, Anya either got the Connor-Dawn treatment, where she was mystically placed in the Sidney Prescott scenario, or she was just living in the homes of Vampire victims like in "Dead Like Me", either one.

Top Bottom