• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Anya's Character Development

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
I believe their one and only scene together is the flashback scene in The Body. Before that time I wasn't really aware that Anya had visited Buffy's house except to help babysit Dawn. The scene is very much a 'everyone is having dinner together' scene, not any kind of intimate one-on-one conversation.
I always thought that was an imagine spot for Buffy rather than a flashback so that scene never really happened?

Btw I prefer your Anya/Giles convo to her 'The Body' speech, so kudos.

katmobile

Scooby
I said that hell is relative. Everyone has their own definition of it. Hell can last for a day or a millennium. Depends on the person.
I'm not disputing that but however much Captain Marvel and the last season of Buffy hack you off you can walk out of the cinema to get a coffee or switch off the telly and go something less frustrating instead. It's not hell if you can leave that's the point I'm making - hell is a prison.

Annie Hall

Bangel/Spuffy... Loving love
Point made by @r2dh2 in another thread

Anya had a soul as a demon according to Selfless:

D'HOFFRYN. Hmm. You want to take it back. Must be twelve bodies in there. Such a thing—not easily done. But not impossible. You're a big girl, Anyanka. You understand how this works. The proverbial scales must balance. In order to restore the lives of the victims, the fates require a sacrifice. The life and soul of a vengeance demon.

Does this change the assessment of Anya's character development? I found it interesting. It reinforces the idea already presented: Anya never was in a path towards redemption, she had a soul all long.

S
Stephan
This is an interesting point. I never caught it before.

BuffyLover88

Townie
Point made by @r2dh2 in another thread

Anya had a soul as a demon according to Selfless:

D'HOFFRYN. Hmm. You want to take it back. Must be twelve bodies in there. Such a thing—not easily done. But not impossible. You're a big girl, Anyanka. You understand how this works. The proverbial scales must balance. In order to restore the lives of the victims, the fates require a sacrifice. The life and soul of a vengeance demon.

Does this change the assessment of Anya's character development? I found it interesting. It reinforces the idea already presented: Anya never was in a path towards redemption, she had a soul all long.
I've always liked Anya. But I agree, she never wants redemption.

Top Bottom