• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Anya's worst outfits

MarieVampSlayer

Bloody hell, Sodding, blimey, shagging, knickers..
Sineya
Hi all,

Did Anya have any bad outfits? Let's find out together!

Here is one that I don't 100% agree with:

I couldn't find the whole outfit but oriental leppard top is a no for me!

DeepBlueJoy

Lion Faced Kitteh
Other than the hilarious bunny costume, would you believe, I didn't notice? I did notice the hair color changes... I liked her best blondish... I like the glitzy butterfly. Other than that, I don't remember her clothes at all... her behavior was much too interesting for me to notice what she was wearing! I'm more likely to be able to quote her than note her dresses.

Hi all,

Did Anya have any bad outfits? Let's find out together!

Here is one that I don't 100% agree with:

I couldn't find the whole outfit but oriental leppard top is a no for me!
No, probably not... I don't think I have ever seen a leopard print Cheongsam before... (that is a chinese dress style) No, I'm sure. Never seen one of those before!

buffy1990

"Every now and then, people surprise you."
The one from Pangs is bad...this era of Buffy had some interesting choices in pants.

Oh and this one. I really hated the black bra under see-through shirt trend of the early 2000's. The skirt she wears is red too, so it's just a lot of red lol

DeadlyDuo

Scooby

Not so much the outfit itself per se but the fact that, because she's not wearing a bra and the top creases around her stomach, it makes certain things look saggy. Also it looks like she fake tanned her arm.

It's the weird corset thing around her waist that does it. Also the flowers on the skirt clash with the pink on the top. Individually the top (sans corset thing) and skirt look ok but stick them together and it just doesn't work.

This top/nightgown that Anya's wearing looks like something Buffy's grandmother would wear.

DeepBlueJoy

Lion Faced Kitteh

Not so much the outfit itself per se but the fact that, because she's not wearing a bra and the top creases around her stomach, it makes certain things look saggy. Also it looks like she fake tanned her arm.

It's the weird corset thing around her waist that does it. Also the flowers on the skirt clash with the pink on the top. Individually the top (sans corset thing) and skirt look ok but stick them together and it just doesn't work.

This top/nightgown that Anya's wearing looks like something Buffy's grandmother would wear.
The top doesn't bother me. The corset thingie is weird and off putting... and the nightgown... yes, my actual grandmother, born in 1907 wore stuff a lot like it... maybe that actual one... and the hairstyle... the Stepford wives called, they want their look back.

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
Anya's fashion sense never really made sense. Wil, Cordie, Tara, Fred and Buffy always had a fashion sense that reflected and enforced their personality upon the audience, and made Charisma Carpenter look like a teenager as opposed to woman ten years older, (which Emma was in her late twenties, trying to make her look younger would be a goal). Everyone had a motif. Anya had this weird mix. It was never really convincing as a high school student. It never made sense for a homeless woman in her early twenties, or whatever was going on in season four. It never made sense for a shopgirl, it did nothing to enforce that she was a ex-demon with no fashion sense. It was like, find something in Emma's size.

Top Bottom