• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Anyone Interested in a Re-watch?

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
I am thinking of doing a re-watch before the final season hits. S1 and s3 are not my favourites so I might need some motivation to get through it ;) Skye seems so long ago....Anyone want to join in? Pace will likely be slow with binge sections when the weather is bad. Hopefully finished before s6 hits the air. Does anyone know when that is expected?

Bluebird

two by two, hands of blue
Black Thorn
I already started a rewatch before I saw this!
It's weird watching it from the beginning while in the middle of season 6.
@Octavia Was Luke Mitchell in Aussie soaps too? He does good accent, I wouldn't have guessed he was from Oz.

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
Luke Mitchell
Yes he was a home and away hottie too! By the name of Romeo if I remember right :p hahaha. There is not much work for aussie actors here so he was in quite a few kids shows aswell. I remember being so excited to see him on Shield! Now I defo want a re-watch! He was cute with Skye. I hope the rain rolls in so I stay inside long enough to do it haha.

S3 will be a drag for me, I hate ghost rider.

Dichen Lachman was a Neighbours star before she got picked up by Joss, I think her work in Altered Carbon was miles ahead of what she did in Agents of Shield, but she seems one that relys on good direction.

Its so nice to have shows with international actors instead of just all US. I saw Elizabeth Henstridge at a convention and was so stoked to hear her cute little voice hadnt been changed for the show. They never let Aussies keep their accents cos sometimes americans cant understand us (I have had that issue with typing too lol).

Bluebird

two by two, hands of blue
Black Thorn
Yes he was a home and away hottie too! By the name of Romeo if I remember right :p hahaha. There is not much work for aussie actors here so he was in quite a few kids shows aswell. I remember being so excited to see him on Shield! Now I defo want a re-watch! He was cute with Skye. I hope the rain rolls in so I stay inside long enough to do it haha.

S3 will be a drag for me, I hate ghost rider.

Dichen Lachman was a Neighbours star before she got picked up by Joss, I think her work in Altered Carbon was miles ahead of what she did in Agents of Shield, but she seems one that relys on good direction.

Its so nice to have shows with international actors instead of just all US. I saw Elizabeth Henstridge at a convention and was so stoked to hear her cute little voice hadnt been changed for the show. They never let Aussies keep their accents cos sometimes americans cant understand us (I have had that issue with typing too lol).
That's why I was surprised she kept her Yorkshire accent and Iain kept his Glaswegian! Pretty cool, though it does seem the Aussies get the raw end of the deal there. The dude who played Hive's lapdog got to keep his accent but he was a douche.

You can imagine there's not a lot of work for Scots actors, so baby Fitz was in the soaps too. He was so cute!

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
That's why I was surprised she kept her Yorkshire accent and Iain kept his Glaswegian! Pretty cool, though it does seem the Aussies get the raw end of the deal there. The dude who played Hive's lapdog got to keep his accent but he was a douche.

You can imagine there's not a lot of work for Scots actors, so baby Fitz was in the soaps too. He was so cute!

Yeah lately there have been a whole lot of Aussies on US tv, and they rarely get to keep their accents. The only ones who do have Melbourne accents, and are not a true representation of Australia :p I know that most aussies who want to work in the US must do voice training or they are not understood in auditions. Surprisingly Chris Hemsworth is one of the worst at accents but one of the biggest. His wife cannot do an aussie accent at all. There is a Kiwi in s6 and I am like HEY NO FAIR! She gets to keep it!

I love hearing Iains voice, US accents do grate me after a while and I just adore when they are able to stick to their true voice. It probably made Fitzsimmons sound smarter :D

Eliza Taylor and Bob Morley (from the 100) said they once rehearsed a scene in their aussie voices and it screwed them up as they couldn't do it again with the US tinge. It'd be a cool trick to keep a disconnect between character and actor, but in the end all of our actors come home with a hint of yankee (dont get offended US peeps, its what we call ALL of you).

Bluebird
Bluebird
I can appreciate what it must be like! It's crap there aren't more Aussie accents around - though Hemsworth does slip a lot and I hear his natural sound lol. Those yanks just need to train their ears like we did for their accents ;)
Top Bottom