• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Anyone up for a new RP?

Evil Angelus 95

Total Dork
Sineya
This might be in the wrong spot, and if it is, I apologize.

So, I'm a big Role-Playing person (I love doing it on Tumblr) and I was wondering if anyone would be up for doing one on here.

I have a couple of ideas for ones that could go AU from the main canon, but I'm basically up for anything that I can play Willow or Tara in.

AnthonyCordova

Earth Invasion Taskforce Unlimited
Sineya
That sounds like fun. I'll take Willow or Dawn, if we're choosing characters from canon.

Also, I've just started S7 Buffy/Angel S4. Will I need familiarity with comic material to play? Haven't gotten there yet.

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

That sounds like fun. I'll take Willow or Dawn, if we're choosing characters from canon.

Also, I've just started S7 Buffy/Angel S4. Will I need familiarity with comic material to play? Haven't gotten there yet.

Evil Angelus 95

Total Dork
Sineya

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

That sounds great. I've been mainly RPing as Tara lately on Tumblr, so that'll work out great if you could take Willow or Dawn.

I'm not sure yet, since I'm thinking maybe we could do an altered Season 7 timeline thingy, based on the idea Joss had of bringing Tara back. Maybe set the RP itself after an altered "Chosen?"

iShower4free

Scooby
This sounds cool, I have never done any Buffy/Angel Role Playing and wouldnt mind giving it a try.

I wouldnt mind playing a Xander or whoever. If an Angel cross over were involved than I could do one of those characters, Angel preferably.

Evil Angelus 95

Total Dork
Sineya
So, idea. What if we do an RP where after Sunnydale, part of the group gets split up from the others (Demon attacking the bus) and they try to make it to L.A.?

AnthonyCordova

Sineya
So how are we going to do this? I've played pencil and paper RPGs before but never online.

---------- Post added at 11:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 PM ----------

So, idea. What if we do an RP where after Sunnydale, part of the group gets split up from the others (Demon attacking the bus) and they try to make it to L.A.?
That works for me...but when does that connect with canon again? At what precise point would we be deviating from canon?

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
Ooh, hey I like the sound of this!

Has anyone picked Faith yet? I think we need a slayer on the team.

So, immediatly set after the end of S7...good choice.
So demons attacking the bus...maybe Apocalypse demons like those Vahrall demons or the sisterhood? They're pretty deadly after all.
Or maybe somethings controlling the demons, some sort of mighty man-witch...warlock. :)

Evil Angelus 95

Total Dork
Sineya
So how are we going to do this? I've played pencil and paper RPGs before but never online.

---------- Post added at 11:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 PM ----------

That works for me...but when does that connect with canon again? At what precise point would we be deviating from canon?
Basically, one of us starts with a post, and then the others reply to it. There's an FAQ in this part of the board that explains it better than I can XD

I guess we don't have to connect with canon again. I mean, I don't really have a preference, but I'd kinda like to start a new canon from the point we start. If we all want to connect with the established canon again, I'm sure we can work something out :)

Ooh, hey I like the sound of this!

Has anyone picked Faith yet? I think we need a slayer on the team.

So, immediatly set after the end of S7...good choice.
So demons attacking the bus...maybe Apocalypse demons like those Vahrall demons or the sisterhood? They're pretty deadly after all.
Or maybe somethings controlling the demons, some sort of mighty man-witch...warlock. :)
Nope, nobody has picked Faith yet :) She's yours if you want her :)

Yep yep. Only thing different from established Season 7 canon would be that Tara came back (Like how Joss said his original plan was). Apocalypse demons sounds good.

thetopher

Sineya
Okay, okay, liking this. :)

Quick question: how did Tara come back? Did Willow do it? The PTB?

I'm a big Tara fan so she'll be a nice addition to this new team or whatever.

AnthonyCordova

Sineya
Can we wait on starting for a week or so and hash out our plans first? I started S7 Buffy and I want to finish it first before we start. I'll work hard to get it all done soon. That might also give other people a chance to join too.

Evil Angelus 95

Total Dork
Sineya
Okay, okay, liking this. :)

Quick question: how did Tara come back? Did Willow do it? The PTB?

I'm a big Tara fan so she'll be a nice addition to this new team or whatever.
The Powers That Be granted Buffy one wish, and she used it to bring Tara back. Here's the basic synopsis of what Joss had planned.

While speaking at the Wizard World Chicago Convention in August 2004, Joss Whedon claimed that he had planned to bring Tara back from the dead at the end of Season Seven. According to Whedon, the episode would have centered around Buffy being granted one "life-altering" wish. Buffy would have spent the whole episode trying to decide what she wanted to do with the wish (including, possibly, restoring Angel's humanity). The episode would have ended with Buffy telling Willow that she'd just gotten a great new pair of shoes, and when Willow asked her if she used up her wish on new shoes, Buffy would have said, "No, silly!" and stepped aside to reveal Tara. It was intended to be set exactly a year after her death. However, this plan was abandoned when Amber Benson was unavailable for filming. At the 2007 Comic-Con, he referred to this idea as well.[37] In addition the Season Eight issue 6 letters page hinted that Tara may be involved in an upcoming comic.
Me too :p Tara's my bby and I love her <3

Can we wait on starting for a week or so and hash out our plans first? I started S7 Buffy and I want to finish it first before we start. I'll work hard to get it all done soon. That might also give other people a chance to join too.
Sure, that sounds good :) This way we won't get stuck by some plot issue.

Does anyone have any specific scenes or ideas they want to use?

AnthonyCordova

Sineya
well i finished everything. Except Angel S5. I just wanted to say I'm ready. If we need a few extra people to play, maybe we should invite some of our board friends(?) It would be nice to get someone to play Willow or Dawn (I guess I'll be Dawn). We have a slayer already thanks to [MENTION=12614]thetopher[/MENTION] (and since our group has been split from the main one, maybe it's better not to have Buffy in this). Do we really need anyone else? Maybe a little Andrew for comic relief? Xander?

i'm going to be doing after school tutoring, so my contributions during the weekdays will be later in the day and night. I hope this isn't a problem.

---------- Post added at 12:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 AM ----------

oh shit, sorry, I guess [MENTION=12155]iShower4free[/MENTION] volunteered for Xander or Angel. So far we have:

Tara: [MENTION=11631]Evil Angelus 95[/MENTION]
Dawn: me
Faith: [MENTION=12614]thetopher[/MENTION]
Angel or Xander: [MENTION=12155]iShower4free[/MENTION]

that looks pretty strong. I'll ask a couple of my board friends if they want to play maybe.

---------- Post added at 12:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 AM ----------

One more thing: who wants to be the 'gamemaster' or whatever? The guy who puts forward the initial story/conditions, the guy who 'godmods' if necessary, etc. I'm excited to play but I don't want that responsibility.

AnthonyCordova

Sineya
I invited someone, so we'll see if we gain another person. When do you want to start this? (presuming thetopher and iShower4free are still interested)

thetopher

Sineya
Yep, still interested! :)

We could do with somebody to play Giles, Wood or Andrew, give the group a nice balance, gender-wise.

Evil Angelus 95

Total Dork
Sineya
True *Nods*

I invited someone, so we'll see if we gain another person. When do you want to start this? (presuming thetopher and iShower4free are still interested)
Should we start with something happening to the bus, and then our group gets separated, or should we start a little bit after that?

AnthonyCordova

Sineya
Sounds good. Take however long you need to prepare and when you're ready PM everyone to tell us you're ready to get started. Take as long to prepare as you'd like. Cool?

Top Bottom