• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Are Any Novels Worth It?

Hi all! So I'm fairly certain that most of the novels aren't the most quality stories in the world, but I'm curious whether there's any novels that I need to track down.

Sineya
Well I've read all of the Buffy ones & I must say the quality varies wildly.....
The teen ones are ok if you just want a quick read (I used to read them on quiet night shifts) but they are not really prizewinners.
The 'adult' novels are normally better but as I say the quality of the writing/story varies

Do you have any of them or are you looking for recom's on where to start?

No I actually have no knowledge whatsoever on the matter. I don't think I have any desire to wade through everything, but I was curious about whether there were any "must-read" books or not.

Sineya
Hmmmm, It's been years since I read a lot of these books & they kinda blend into one another in my memory. Don't think there were any earth shatteringly good ones.
The 'Wicked Willow' trilogy springs to mind.....This was an off canon - What if Giles infecting Willow with White magic hadn't worked quite the same storyline...where Willow doesn't try to end the world (No yellow crayon speech) but stays evil.....Seem to remember they were ok.
Think the 'Gatekeeper Trilogy' was reasonable as well.....
If you like Faith then you're a bit limited.....the only books I can remember her playing a part in are Queen of the Slayers, The Deathless, & the 'Unseen Trilogy'...

Guess it's all down to personal taste....what's a good read for one might be boring to another........my suggestion is find any you can get hold of cheap & give them a try....

Sorry I can't be of much more help, but some of those books I read nye on 10 years ago.....

The Ferg
The Ferg
Thanks for the info!

Foxy

I am cookie dough!
Sineya
I recently acquired the Wicked Willow series and the Lost Slayer series. I am anxious to start those, but currently preoccupied with the sequel of to Kill a Mockingbird :)

I have started the first in the Gatekeeper trilogy. The writing seemed really nice, but so far Xander seemed a bit off, but I'm only 50 pages into the story!

I read Sins of the Father...which is set in season 3. Pike comes by because he is in big trouble! I really enjoyed the story and read it within a day or two.

I also own (but have not read): Sweet Sixteen, Ghost Roads, Obsidian Fate & Paleo. I have way too many books to read!!!!

nightshade

Plotting and planning
Staff member
Black Thorn
Sweet Sixteen is kinda cute, Dawn centred.

I like the Unseen trilogy, it's set later on, and has both Buffy and Angel guys in it.

I actually prefer most of the Angel books to the Buffy ones.

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya
I know this is not really a Buffy book but has anyone read " You never weird on the internet " by Felicia Day ?

nightshade

Plotting and planning
Staff member
Black Thorn
Yep, and I'm ready to pass it on to a friend, it was ok but not something I would read again.

nightshade

Plotting and planning
Staff member
Black Thorn
I just got a "oh poor me" feeling from it while she was also telling of how she would have all these amazing tutors and extra classes and everything. Meh I don't know! I feel she excluded so much from her life to tell stories, Buffy is barely mentioned if you want to read it because it might have some reference to Buffy

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya
Thanks for telling me that . I was planning on reading it for that reason :D

Top Bottom