• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Are these old tv shows good charmed party of five Gilmore girls and one tree hill

Gibby11

Potential
Was wondering if anyone has seen charmed Gilmore girls one tree hill and party of five and wondering if they are worth watching I started one tree hill but story was to confusing

they are all made similar time to buffy

KaitKat

Potential
Gilmore Girls has the same tongue and cheek humor but a very different vibe, it’s my comfort show.

Charmed honestly isn’t that great but it is good and I love it due to nostalgia. The sisterly bond is sweet.

One Tree Hill is a guilty pleasure it does have some great arcs like Brooke Davis but it also has some ridiculous story lines.

All three are worth a try I think. I haven’t seen Party of Five.

Gibby11

Potential
The original Party of Five was excellent. The new one I have not seen.
What the one with Neve Campbell
Post automatically merged:

Gilmore Girls has the same tongue and cheek humor but a very different vibe, it’s my comfort show.

Charmed honestly isn’t that great but it is good and I love it due to nostalgia. The sisterly bond is sweet.

One Tree Hill is a guilty pleasure it does have some great arcs like Brooke Davis but it also has some ridiculous story lines.

All three are worth a try I think. I haven’t seen Party of Five.
Thx what is Gilmore girls about and I tried one tree hill not that good as found it confusing

Cohen

Hellhound
Gilmore Girls is a charming dramedy about 3 generations of women in one family: Emily, the grandmother, Lorelei, the mother, and Rory, the grand daughter. At the beginning of the series, Rory gets into a prestigious private school, and Lorelei goes to her mother for assistance in tuition. As a deal, Lorelei agrees to start having weekly dinners with her mom and dad, after having been estranged for years because of the way she felt treated when she became pregnant as a teen with Rory. The writing is top notch, and Lauren Graham, who plays Lorelei, is one of the best actresses I know.

One Tree Hill is a teen prime time soap, so there are lots of storylines and some are crazy, but it’s a good show. Especially the music! It’s about the time in your life when your friends are your family. You also get to see the characters first as high schoolers and later as adults. I absolutely love OTH.

Charmed’s writing is not on the same par as Buffy. But the acting is just as good. The main actresses, Shannon Doherty, Holly Marie Combs, Alyssa Milano, and eventually, Rose McGowan are all well known actresses. They commit to showing you a family of sisters, who happen to save the world after finding out they are witches. The first few seasons are monster-of-the-week stories, but by season 3, an arc starts to form and the fourth season is arguably the best in terms of writing. Above all, the show is about family and it’s a great comfort show.

Party of Five is a drama. The actors are superb and the writing is excellent. But if you’re looking for excitement every episode, you may not get it. It’s ultimately about 5 siblings raising each other after their parents are killed. It can get really heavy and mature. But it’s a good series.

Also… while these may be considered “old” I still feel like I was just watching new episodes weekly yesterday so now I’m going to sip some coffee and feel old too.

Gibby11

Potential
Gilmore Girls is a charming dramedy about 3 generations of women in one family: Emily, the grandmother, Lorelei, the mother, and Rory, the grand daughter. At the beginning of the series, Rory gets into a prestigious private school, and Lorelei goes to her mother for assistance in tuition. As a deal, Lorelei agrees to start having weekly dinners with her mom and dad, after having been estranged for years because of the way she felt treated when she became pregnant as a teen with Rory. The writing is top notch, and Lauren Graham, who plays Lorelei, is one of the best actresses I know.

One Tree Hill is a teen prime time soap, so there are lots of storylines and some are crazy, but it’s a good show. Especially the music! It’s about the time in your life when your friends are your family. You also get to see the characters first as high schoolers and later as adults. I absolutely love OTH.

Charmed’s writing is not on the same par as Buffy. But the acting is just as good. The main actresses, Shannon Doherty, Holly Marie Combs, Alyssa Milano, and eventually, Rose McGowan are all well known actresses. They commit to showing you a family of sisters, who happen to save the world after finding out they are witches. The first few seasons are monster-of-the-week stories, but by season 3, an arc starts to form and the fourth season is arguably the best in terms of writing. Above all, the show is about family and it’s a great comfort show.

Party of Five is a drama. The actors are superb and the writing is excellent. But if you’re looking for excitement every episode, you may not get it. It’s ultimately about 5 siblings raising each other after their parents are killed. It can get really heavy and mature. But it’s a good series.

Also… while these may be considered “old” I still feel like I was just watching new episodes weekly yesterday so now I’m going to sip some coffee and feel old too.
Thanks for u help one tree hill was a bit confusing like the first eps so stopped

I know holly I think as she was the mum on pretty little liars I. Believe

is party of five comedy as well

and on Gilmore girls is their any action or bad guys or not really is it more like Dawson’s creek style

And have you seen Sabrina the teenage witch the old show not Netflix show and what’s it about and is it worth watching

really appreciate u help means a lot

Cohen

Hellhound
Thanks for u help one tree hill was a bit confusing like the first eps so stopped

I know holly I think as she was the mum on pretty little liars I. Believe

is party of five comedy as well

and on Gilmore girls is their any action or bad guys or not really is it more like Dawson’s creek style

And have you seen Sabrina the teenage witch the old show not Netflix show and what’s it about and is it worth watching

really appreciate u help means a lot
Party of Five is a drama, some funny moments but mostly drama.

Holly did play Arias mother in PLL.

Gilmore girls is not a villain show. It’s about this silly quaint little town in Connecticut. But definitely worth watching.

OTH gets better after the first few episodes.

Sabrina is a sitcom, so it’s rooted in humor. Melissa Joan Heart plays her perfectly and adds a human element to the comedy. Beth Broderick and Caroline Rhea as her aunts are just magical. And Salem makes every episode 10x funnier. It is NOTHING like the Netflix show. Really no big bads to fight, but there are monsters and creatures Sabrina has to contend with in each episode.

spikenbuffy

"Hi honey, I'm home"
Staff member
Party Of Five had some great storylines that dealt with some subjects like abortion, depression, addiction, toxic/abusive/controlling relationship... It can really get heartfelt & intense. S3 addiction storyline is my favorite. I think I understood more about what is a controlling relationship due to the storyline's 5th season of Party Of Five than other shows on TV.

The main characters who are really young have to take care of each other, grow up without their parents & put their differences aside to make it work.

Last edited:

Cohen

Hellhound
Party Of Five had some great storylines that dealt with some subjects like abortion, depression, addiction, toxic/abusive/controlling relationship... It can really get heartfelt & intense. S3 addiction storyline is my favorite. I think I understood more about what is a controlling relationship due to the storyline's 4th season of Party Of Five than other shows on TV.

The main characters who are really young have to take care of each other, grow up without their parents & put their differences aside to make it work.
Scott Wolf is playing Carson Drew, Nancy's father, on the CW, and it is absolutely insane to me that Scott Wolf is old enough to play a father to a 20 year old. Wasn't he just 18?

spikenbuffy
spikenbuffy
I searched on internet & wikipedia says he's born in 1968, the 4th june.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
I would recommend all but Gilmore Girls to anyone; I grew up on Charmed, Party of Five, and One Tree Hill (the latter was more late teens than childhood) and while they aren't among the greatest shows, they are definitely all worth watching. However, I have no idea how an adult who didn't grow up on them would react, so you may not feel the same way.

Bop

Scooby
Sineya
Charmed was my favourite show as a tween, I'm watching a bit of it again now and it's still really good. I can see the flaws in the acting and the writing now but the characters remain great to watch. I think it's a show that wasn't necessarily trying to be great in the way Buffy was for example so it has its own 'charm' lol.

Cohen

Hellhound
Charmed was my favourite show as a tween, I'm watching a bit of it again now and it's still really good. I can see the flaws in the acting and the writing now but the characters remain great to watch. I think it's a show that wasn't necessarily trying to be great in the way Buffy was for example so it has its own 'charm' lol.
It's definitely representative of the turn of the century. My favorite thing about the show is you can really see the change in daily life between the first season and eighth season. The change in technology, the clothing/hairstyles. Season 1 is deeply 90s, but by season 4-5, you can see how much had changed since 1998. I have recently been upgrading all my DVDs to bluray, and it makes the show look 1000x better. I am just waiting on the final season to be released next week!

Bop

Scooby
Sineya
It's definitely representative of the turn of the century. My favorite thing about the show is you can really see the change in daily life between the first season and eighth season. The change in technology, the clothing/hairstyles. Season 1 is deeply 90s, but by season 4-5, you can see how much had changed since 1998. I have recently been upgrading all my DVDs to bluray, and it makes the show look 1000x better. I am just waiting on the final season to be released next week!
Yeah I think the show starts to feel different in season 4- obviously losing Prue and adding Paige probably helps but that's probably my favourite storyline in the show because it feels so unexpected and I think otherwise things feel very safe.

Cohen

Hellhound
Yeah I think the show starts to feel different in season 4- obviously losing Prue and adding Paige probably helps but that's probably my favourite storyline in the show because it feels so unexpected and I think otherwise things feel very safe.
I love how the season 3 finale leaves it up in the air for what sister may have died, because they were each in danger right before the credits. I wish we could have gotten a flashback to Leo saving phoebe and then piper, and the three of them looking at each other in horror when Prue doesn't heal.

Bop

Scooby
Sineya
I love how the season 3 finale leaves it up in the air for what sister may have died, because they were each in danger right before the credits. I wish we could have gotten a flashback to Leo saving phoebe and then piper, and the three of them looking at each other in horror when Prue doesn't heal.
Yeah I love how season 3 ends but I find the way season 4 starts really unsatisfying and in universe it really stands out as being odd because the sisters always die and come back and we at least see it happen. So for them to leave it on a cliffhanger and then the next second it's Prue's funeral and she's never coming back just feels really weird. I think the fact is they didn't have Shannen to film any of those scenes but still.

Cohen

Hellhound
Yeah I love how season 3 ends but I find the way season 4 starts really unsatisfying and in universe it really stands out as being odd because the sisters always die and come back and we at least see it happen. So for them to leave it on a cliffhanger and then the next second it's Prue's funeral and she's never coming back just feels really weird. I think the fact is they didn't have Shannen to film any of those scenes but still.
I agree. They could have/should have used a body double. We may not see her face, but we would still know its Prue.

Bop
Bop
Exactly, I can't think why they didn't do that!

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
Shannon Doherty had a reputation as being a difficult person to work with and her battle with Jenny Garth kept tabloids running for months. I'm not surprised they dumped her and it was the right decision. I never warmed to the show - the sequence always seemed to be the same with them running into some Big Bad then going up to the attic to read the Grimoire and use the Power of Three to banish whatever it was. This got old after one season.

Cohen

Hellhound
Shannon Doherty had a reputation as being a difficult person to work with and her battle with Jenny Garth kept tabloids running for months. I'm not surprised they dumped her and it was the right decision. I never warmed to the show - the sequence always seemed to be the same with them running into some Big Bad then going up to the attic to read the Grimoire and use the Power of Three to banish whatever it was. This got old after one season.

They used their Book of Shadows as a learning tool, but they didn’t always find their answers in the book. My favorite thing in the 3rd and 4th seasons was seeing that as they progressed in their understandings of their powers, how they were able to find answers and solve problems without the book. They even took out the Source of All Evil by their own cunning, and not from a spell from the book of shadows. And the writers did include commentary—about sisterhood, family, evil, etc.

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
I watched Charmed, I think I may have accidentally seen an episode or two of Gilmore Girls. I've never heard of One Tree Hill, wasn't the show Party of Five the reason for BTVS being kicked back for a year or so?
Charmed was fun though, due to what they did there was very little likelyhood they were of the Wiccan Creed. It was a laugh though to see how the visually appealing version of the invisible was depicted.

Top Bottom