• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Are these old tv shows good charmed party of five Gilmore girls and one tree hill

Mr Trick

Scooby
Gilmore Girls is a fave of mine. Great for pop culture refs, enjoyable characters. Very watchable even in the later seasons which are a bit weaker IMO. It does have some relatable moments and covers realistic themes, but never gets too heavy.

Charmed is one I grew up on and is a nice easy watch, with some fun ideas. The first 4 seasons are the best for me. Its kinda a guilty pleasure watch too.

Only seen bits of Part of Five.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
They used their Book of Shadows as a learning tool, but they didn’t always find their answers in the book. My favorite thing in the 3rd and 4th seasons was seeing that as they progressed in their understandings of their powers, how they were able to find answers and solve problems without the book. They even took out the Source of All Evil by their own cunning, and not from a spell from the book of shadows. And the writers did include commentary—about sisterhood, family, evil, etc.
I liked when they started learning to write their own spells and create their own potions - they went from reading the book to adding to it themselves for future generations.

Cohen

Hellhound
Gilmore Girls is a fave of mine. Great for pop culture refs, enjoyable characters. Very watchable even in the later seasons which are a bit weaker IMO. It does have some relatable moments and covers realistic themes, but never gets too heavy.

Charmed is one I grew up on and is a nice easy watch, with some fun ideas. The first 4 seasons are the best for me. Its kinda a guilty pleasure watch too.

Only seen bits of Part of Five.
I can watch Gilmore Girls on repeat. I have every season on DVD and iTunes. Including the revival. But I could watch Lauren Graham in literally anything.

I agree that the earlier seasons of both Charmed and Gilmore are far superior. After they defeated the source in Charmed there really wasn’t anywhere else to go, which affected their momentum. As for Gilmore, I feel like after Rory graduated from Chilton, and Lorelei had basically reconciled with Emily, they didn’t really know where to go either. But I could watch Emily and Lorelei in a verbal sparring match for 800 hours, so…

I liked when they started learning to write their own spells and create their own potions - they went from reading the book to adding to it themselves for future generations.
yes, this was my favorite part of seasons 4 and 5. They were experienced enough to battle iconic demons on their own. I loved that Paige leans heavy into her witch side in season 5.

Mr Trick
Mr Trick
Yeah later seasons Rory wasn't as good IMO. But I do love Graham. Prue was my faveourite sister in Charmed so think the show lost something when she left.

Joan the Vampire Slayer

Carpe Spuffy!
Was wondering if anyone has seen charmed Gilmore girls one tree hill and party of five and wondering if they are worth watching I started one tree hill but story was to confusing

they are all made similar time to buffy
I have not seen any of these through, actually! But I was thinking about watching One Tree Hill this winter.
I have seen a couple eps of Party of Five back when it aired.
And I've heard Gilmore Girls is good.
But no, I don't think they're similar to Buffy.

Gibby11

Potential
I think Newport Beach « the O.C » can be a good choice. You hadn’t it in your list but it’s worth watching according to me.
Oh I’m already on season 2
Post automatically merged:

I think Newport Beach « the O.C » can be a good choice. You hadn’t it in your list but it’s worth watching according to me.
Sadly found out spoilers
Post automatically merged:

I can watch Gilmore Girls on repeat. I have every season on DVD and iTunes. Including the revival. But I could watch Lauren Graham in literally anything.

I agree that the earlier seasons of both Charmed and Gilmore are far superior. After they defeated the source in Charmed there really wasn’t anywhere else to go, which affected their momentum. As for Gilmore, I feel like after Rory graduated from Chilton, and Lorelei had basically reconciled with Emily, they didn’t really know where to go either. But I could watch Emily and Lorelei in a verbal sparring match for 800 hours, so…

yes, this was my favorite part of seasons 4 and 5. They were experienced enough to battle iconic demons on their own. I loved that Paige leans heavy into her witch side in season 5.
Is the Netflix version cropped as it’s widescreen

Top Bottom