• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Ask a question

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
Ever had a random question pop into your head, ask it here.

Yes we all know that you can just Google it, but it's more fun to see what others know.

Do women play American football?

Spanky
Spanky
The women(s) leagues aren't widely talked about.

nightshade

Staff member
Black Thorn
Interesting, I barely remember to watch The Vikings games, so it's highly unlikely I'll watch any of that, but it's good to know that they do have a league too.

Spanky
Spanky
Well, it's the Vikings, so that's excusable. Not like they are a good team or anything.

nightshade

Staff member
Black Thorn
@Spanky Well, it's the Vikings, so that's excusable. Not like they are a good team or anything

Just because it takes us half a game to sort ourselves out, doesn't mean we're not a good team!

Spanky
Spanky
Well, at least it's not the Steelers.

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
What is coffee creamer? Or halfhalf? I see this stuff referenced in US tv regularly.

Why did rooster windvanes go out of fashion?

How did high heels become popular? They are not very practical.

thrasherpix

Scooby
How did high heels become popular? They are not very practical.
I asked my mom this (former model) and she had a long answer. I can't remember much of it now, but it had something to do with making your legs and butt look better. Mom said you had to walk in them right, though, not just put them on and try to "walk normal" as you would in other shoes. (She didn't mention the actual history if that's what you're asking about.)

But yea, to the likes of you and me they're certainly not worth the expense or bother.

Octavia
Octavia
I can think of easier ways to make my butt look better
DeadlyDuo
DeadlyDuo
I believe men used to wear heels for riding or something before heels became more of a woman thing.

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
What is coffee creamer? Or halfhalf? I see this stuff referenced in US tv regularly.

Coffee creamer is a powder that replaces and supposedly tastes as good as real cream if the coffee is hot enough to burn out all your taste buds but its advantage is that it is capable of being stored indefinitely. Half and half is a cream that is half cream and half milk to get a 10% fat content.

I got a good laugh one morning on Ol' Thunderprop, the Great Lakes Airlines Convair 580 going from Toronto to Ottawa, about a 70 minute flight. They were handing out packages of "Coffee Whitener". I could just imagine an ad campaign that read like a detergent ad: "Now you too can have whiter, brighter coffee". The Great Lakes Convairs were castoffs from Allegheny Commuter. You could look at a wrinkle on a wing panel going from front inboard to rear outboard and for no apparent reason, it would suddenly shift to rear inboard to front outboard. The flaps were always stained with hydraulic fluid. And they never had a failure.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
Is it still called "patronising" if its women doing it to ya?
OF course not. No one uses that word anymore; now it's splaining. If a man to a woman it's mansplaining, if a woman to a man it's womansplaining, if a man to a man it's brothersplaining and in your case it would be sistersplaining.

Octavia
Octavia
ta for 'splaining
Top Bottom