• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Ask the Staff (Anything)

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
As part of our awards weekend and birthday month, we’re doing another round of Ask the Staff. Feel free to ask a specific mod or put questions to them as a group. :)

Taake

Raise your hand if... EW
Staff member
Black Thorn
I mean, on the plus side - lots of sunshine. On the negative side, apocalyptic earthquakes and demons around every nook. Only one Starbucks.
But also miraculous snowfall and quite a nice ratio of hot guys.

If there's gonna be an apocalypse, might as well be in the thick of it (and possibly on team evil). So why not, Sunnydale me up!

Mylie

Scooby
I have a couple of questions for any mods :

How did you come to join this forum?
What's your favorite show outside of BtVS and AtS?
What are your favorite books?
Do you write or read fanfiction?

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
Had been a mod on another Buffy board, then left it and created this board with the guy who had originally created that one (lol). After a couple months he gave up message boards altogether.

Mylie said:
Doctor Who

Mylie said:
The Return of the Native by Thomas Hardy, The Alienist by Caleb Carr, The Club Dumas by Anturo Perez-Reverte

Mylie said:
I wrote a couple fics for board activities a long time ago, but I don't really write them. And I don't read them.

:)

Taake
Taake
I love the Return of the Native!

nightshade

I don't understand your definition of good news
Staff member
Black Thorn
I have a couple of questions for any mods :

Umm I think I was looking for something, but I didn't really post here for the first year or so!

Got to admit I rarely watch any tv these days, up to last year I would have said supernatural but I'm currently about half a season behind on it.

Harry Potter for nostalgic reasons, I've been reading a lot more historical books lately.
I used to read loads, not really a writer though.

No I wouldn't like to live in Sunnydale, for one I burn easily, plus I'm really the type to to die quickly, I trust too easily!

Buffy Summers
Buffy Summers
I am also half a season behind on SPN!
Puppet
Puppet
Bad time to be behind - SPN has been amazing this season!

Spanky

I'm came here to chew bubblegum and go off topic.
Black Thorn
I used to read loads
Some of what you used to read was even aloud, on like, on camera. With a bear pillow. (it was a bear pillow, wannit?)

nightshade

Staff member
Black Thorn
@Spanky it was a large teddy bear, which still lives in the same spot. I think next time I would just do audio though, less chance of misreading things!

Spanky
Spanky
I think audio would be much easier! Still it was really impressive. Just as long as you don't do it as a damnable podcast.

nightshade

Staff member
Black Thorn
I don't know how to do a podcast! Also I'll admit to having only listened to maybe one episode of it (sorry @Taake and @Athena )

Spanky
Spanky
Not to keep you all ignorant, but hopefully no one teaches you. The FB post did just fine.

Taake

Raise your hand if... EW
Staff member
Black Thorn
I was in a bad place in life with a lot of partying and bad people and needed a change and something to keep me distracted. A previous Buffy forum had kept me happy once upon a time so I thought, "back to Buffy we go", and it worked :)

Law & Order SVU probably, haha. I'm obsessed.

Such a hard question! I love so many books! Going by what I re-read a lot I'll say that The Brothers Karamazov by Dostoyevsky is up there though. As is The Trial by Kafka. And Boccacio's Decameron, ooh oo and Hopscotch by Cortázar... see I can go on forever. This list looks a bit pretentious though, so I'll add that I've read The Watermelon by Marian Keyes like a 100 times and love Tess Gerritsen's crime novels.

Mylie
Mylie
The Trial is a good one!!
Fuffy Baith
Fuffy Baith
Love Law and Order:SVU also

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Hail Hydra 💀
Black Thorn
@Taake Have you ever beaten a man to death and/or sacrificed an animal for the glory of your lord and master, Satan? :p

@nightshade How long did it take to grow your hair that long? It's really quite pretty.

@brinkster130 Ever experience an episode of road rage? Do you have any unpaid parking tickets?

@Athena Can Diva Cat sing opera? And does your husband steal the covers at night?

nightshade

Staff member
Black Thorn
@nightshade How long did it take to grow your hair that long? It's really quite pretty.
Umm well I always had it long, then in 2009? I chopped it all off and donated it to Little Princesses that make wigs for children, I started regrowing it around 7 years ago, and it took about 2/3 years to get this length, however it never grows past mid back. I'm also too lazy to get it cut much more than once a year which probably doesn't help!

Also parking tickets get given frequently here, although I don't currently have any unpaid ones, and I'm doing well not had once since August, but at £35 I really do not want another!

Buffy Summers
Buffy Summers
I thought I was the only person too lazy to get a haircut more than once a year!

Fool for Buffy

I'm just being a big nerd again
Sineya
Do any of y’all have kids? If not, do you want any?
What season of Buffy have you seen the most?
Which character from the verse gives you the most feels?

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
I do not. My five nieces and nephews are enough :)

Fool for Buffy said:
Probably 1, because I always start there and then get various lengths through the seasons from there lol

Fool for Buffy said:
Mal, probably, assuming I'm understanding the question correctly. Or Graham. :D

Fool for Buffy

I'm just being a big nerd again
Sineya
Mal, probably, assuming I'm understanding the question correctly. Or Graham. :D
You might have...? I meant makes you the most emotional, feel what they are feeling, etc. That could be Mal but I’m not sure if it’s what you meant:D

nightshade

Staff member
Black Thorn
I don't, and at the moment I don't want any, but you never know in the future
Probably 3, although more episode than full seasons, if full season then 1, like Buffy I have intentions to do rewatches but never actually get very far with them

Depends on the mood I'm in when I watch.

Taake

Raise your hand if... EW
Staff member
Black Thorn
What kinds of things would a young @Taake write about?
Mostly Connor fics, lol. I loved him from the start. Cruel Intentions fics. Oh and what if Buffy had gotten extra demony in Get It Done.

@Taake Have you ever beaten a man to death and/or sacrificed an animal for the glory of your lord and master, Satan? :p
Close-ish. I have been showered in rotting animal blood and had a goat's head thrown my way. The dark lord was pleased but not entirely impressed, he can be such a pain. It's all "do it yourself" and "ugh, couldn't you get something fresher?" The DIY trend is so overrated.

No, I helped raise my brother though. He calls me mom sometimes. Our mom calls him our son. So, we're pretty tight that way. I'd do anything for that kid.
Because I spent a lot of my teens and early twenties on that I'm kind of not eager to have kids now/again. I like borrowing my nieces and nephews though, because I can return them when I get tired ;)

Probably season 1, lol, like Buffy. I do love season 1, don't get me wrong, it's my feel-good season. But I've seen it the most because I've attempted so many re-watches that just fizzle out around season 1... I have learned hat I have no stamina for re-watches!

Buffy and Connor, I think. It's hard to pick just one. If I absolutely have to pick one then it's probably Buffy. :) When she cries, I cry.[/QUOTE]

Top Bottom