• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Ask the Staff (Anything)

Taake

That's right, I'm watching you...
Staff member
Black Thorn
Twisties or cheezels?
I’m saying twisties because I hate anything cheese-flavored

Do you like the Looney Tunes ? Then, who is your favorite ?

Didn't you love The Pink Panther when you were children ?
Roadrunner vs Coyote! (Team Coyote!) :p

I loved Pink Panther because my older sister did, lol

Paper or plastic?

Recycle and what?
Cloth mostly, I have a number of cloth shopping bags I use. If I forget the store has biodegradable plastic bags, and I recycle pretty much everything. It is very easy where I live as there are recycling stations everywhere (one literally right outside my door)

HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
don't like cheese?

r2dh2

Never go for the kill when you can go for the pain
What is the history of BB?
How did it start?
How did it keep going?
Was there a time when it was about to die?
How do you keep it alive?
How did you get involved with BB?
When/how did you become staff members?
Do you like it?

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
To each of the Staff, what show did you watch before Buffy TVS was aired?

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
@r2dh2

What is the history of BB? How did it start?

Well, it's complicated. This is sort of Buffy-Boards 2.0. The original BB was started by my friend Matt in somewhere around 2000/2001. He decided he didn't want the board anymore, and handed it off to the moderator who was online at the time he decided this. She basically ran it into the ground, causing me and 3 other mods to leave the board pretty quickly. After which she further ran it into the ground, and was extremely rude to the server host who was a friend of one of the mods who had left and was still hosting it for her for free, so he deleted the site off his server.

In the meantime, Matt decided he wanted to do a Buffy Board again, so he and I built a new one at the url buffybytes.com (or maybe it was .net I forget). We brought on some mods who had been on here and on Matt's other board Charmed-Boards. And it got launched while I was on vacation in 2002. Which started a tradition of something always happening when I am away on vacation lol. When buffy-boards got deleted, Matt still owned the url, so he decided we should use it here. About a month or two in, Matt decided he didn't want to do a Buffy board and sold it to me. At which point I brought in Faith, edb and Somebugga as admins and the four of us really started the board as we know it today.

How did it keep going?

A lot of really great mods who didn't let it die.

Was there a time when it was about to die?

Yes, though I don't think it was ever really dead, it just wasn't what it had been when the shows were actually airing, so it made it seem dead. But there was never a time with no posting at all.

How do you keep it alive?

By having mods who put in a lot of work and kept interest up with activities and discussion even when it seemed like people were leaving forums for good. And recognizing that people enjoy it even if there are times when I don't. Which comes back to the great mods over the years again who take over when I need a break.

I was looking for Charmed Sims skins, and got linked to the original BB and joined.

I became a mod a couple months I think in to being on the original BB. For this version Matt approached me (I think on MSN messenger lol) and asked if I wanted to start a new board with him.

Do you like it?

Sometimes more than others ;) I like the work of it but it's hard to stay excited about the show for 17+ years when it really has been like a job to me. And of course the not-so-nice people you meet and the not-so-nice things that they have done (being stolen from is particularly soul sucking). On the whole though, the good people outweigh the bad.

Kindred :)

r2dh2
r2dh2
Amazing! thanks for the answer and for keep it going! I love it!

Taake

That's right, I'm watching you...
Staff member
Black Thorn
Do you like it?
I believe I found it through Google, signed up, and if I recall correctly I was asked if I wanted to join staff like six or some months later. Then I just never left. Think of me as Giles, somewhere in the back of the library, gathering dust along with the books. :p The Hellmouth will collapse in upon itself before I get on a bus outta here.

So yes, I do like it. But it has had it's ups and downs. Sometimes due to on board stuff, sometimes due to off board stuff. Sometimes you just get tired. But, Buffy Summers is pretty awesome, she'll always remind you that real life comes first, which is why it's never been a burden to be on staff here, because it never gets in the way of your every day stuff. When you need time, you can take time. Also, the show and fandom has me in its hooks, and I love interacting with other fans. It's pretty much the only fandom I do enjoy.

More Baywatch and Melrose Place than I care to admit... actually, I don't mind admitting it. Baywatch and Melrose Place were hilarious and awesome... if not exactly high quality.

brinkster130
brinkster130
omg I forgot about Baywatch, but I loved it! haha.

brinkster130

Riley's BFF
Sineya
Twisties or cheezels?
I've never had either. They look like they'd taste similar....do they? I'd try Cheezels first I think.

Do you like the Looney Tunes ? Then, who is your favorite ?
I liked Pepe Le Pew

Didn't you love The Pink Panther when you were children ?
Didn't love or hate the pink panther.

Paper or plastic?

Recycle and what?
Plastic if I forget my reusable bags.

Was rewatching BTVS and googled something and this board came up. I lurked for a while and decided to join because of how active it was.

I think I got asked to be a mod in 2011? Some mods had stepped down and we had a bunch of new members so the boards needed more help.

Do you like it?
Modding or the board? I guess I like both, most of the time at least.

I remember enjoying 7th heaven, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, and That 70's Show.

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
Does the board software keep statistics of how much time people spend on the board? I know in my case it would be more than 10% of my life. How much is it for you?

nightshade
nightshade
I don't want to know!
ILLYRIAN
ILLYRIAN
I don't want to know how long nightshade is here either.
brinkster130
brinkster130
Too much time!

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
If you mean literally I believe The Simpsons was on before Buffy aired, Simpsons at 6 and Buffy at 6:30.

Where are you from?
England, but I prefer to say I'm Welsh!

Do you like it?
Ermm I think I was looking for people that were going to go to the James Marsters gig or had been before.

I became a prefect before I became a mod, not sure when that was, but I had mostly lurked on here for the first year before jumping in properly.

Yep, I love it, BB is like a comfort blanket that lets me come up with random things and the staff just let me run with all these ideas! Of course it's not all fun and it does make you want to bang your head against a wall at times, but the good times outweigh the bad, at least for me anyway.

ILLYRIAN
ILLYRIAN
Hmm the farthest I ever got was being a profetor, mind you I liked profetor rolls (or however they is spelt)

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
Didn't Buffy have two time slots in the UK, 1 to include the fighting and the other didn't. The ratings for Buffy were quite significant.

nightshade
nightshade
Yep a late night one too, but it was a school night so I didn't always stay up to watch it late

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
@nightshade,
yep GB was lucky, they kept changing the time slot it was on, and the day over here. So they lost out on a lot of ratings here as the TV guide is printed two weeks in advance. So when the station changed the time and date = tough.

Top Bottom