• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Ask the Staff (Anything)

TamsinValencia

Potential
Black Thorn
Buffy Summers how did you create the boards? Did you think they would be this popular?

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Hail Hydra 💀
Black Thorn
Buffy Summers: What book series were/are you obsessed with? Have you ever seen a ghost or played with the Quija board?

Spanky

I'm came here to chew bubblegum and go off topic.
Black Thorn
Out of all the mods, past and present, assemble an Avengers team of them. And what role would each one have? Or, you can be all Avengers: Infinity War about it and have all the mods but that seems like a cop out.

Athene

Scooby
Sineya
Do you have any regrets?
What Buffyverse ship correlates the most to couples you know in real life?

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
To the Boss, you seem to like the TV show Teen Wolf, is it that show or do you like most monster films / TV shows?

brinkster130

Riley's BFF
Staff member
Sineya
I'm going to kick it off to the moderators - if given the opportunity, would you like in Sunnydale?
Does it come with all the monsters? Santa Barbara is cool, so I'd probably like Sunnydale.

I have a couple of questions for any mods :

How did you come to join this forum?
Watching BTVS on netflix and googled something about it and this forum came up.

What's your favorite show outside of BtVS and AtS?
Can't pick just one...Friday Night Lights, The Office, Dexter

What are your favorite books?
I've been enjoying thrillers the last couple years.

Do you write or read fanfiction?
Nope, neither. Although, I did read most of the IWRY marathon this year and enjoyed it; will def read that next year.

@brinkster130 Ever experience an episode of road rage? Do you have any unpaid parking tickets?
Funny timing. My car broke down this morning (in traffic of course) and encountered plenty of jackasses while waiting for the tow truck. I only snapped at one person, but I certainly had more rage to give. I've never experienced any serious road rage, which is kinda surprising in LA. If I had to take care of my own accounting, I'm sure I'd have unpaid traffic tickets because out of sight out of mind...luckily for me someone else takes care of all that business.

Do any of y’all have kids? If not, do you want any?
Not yet, but I want a little boo.

What season of Buffy have you seen the most?
Season 2

Which character from the verse gives you the most feels?
Angel, Riley

Out of all the mods, past and present, assemble an Avengers team of them. And what role would each one have? Or, you can be all Avengers: Infinity War about it and have all the mods but that seems like a cop out.
Captain America - BEG
Black Widow - Faith
Hulk - HisMrs
Iron Man - Taake
Thor - Buffy Summers
Hawkeye - Kean

Do you have any regrets?
Maybe my college major?

I knew a few Cordy/Xander type couples in high school and college, not so much now though.

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
Buffy Summers how did you create the boards? Did you think they would be this popular?
My friend Matt asked me if I wanted to make a new Buffy forum with him. We had done After-Darkness with the original admins from here, Faith, Willow Rosenberg and Oz. He decided he didn't want to really do it after a month or two. lol

I don't really remember if I thought they were popular. Matt had been successful in his other boards (like Charmed-Boards) so I didn't have any reason to think it wouldn't be. But also message boards were a lot more popular then.

Buffy Summers: What book series were/are you obsessed with? Have you ever seen a ghost or played with the Quija board?
Never played with a Ouija board. I thought I saw a ghost once when I lived in DC but I think I was just having a lucid dream.

I used to read all the Anne Rice books, and I read Outlander. Right now I'm probably more obsessed with Song of Ice and Fire though. I've always loved "series" books so I've ready a lot. Probably my all time favorite is the Dark Is Rising sequence by Susan Cooper from when I was a kid. Too bad the first movie wasn't so great so they never made the other books in the series.

I'm so glad brink posted before me because I totally read the question wrong. And how did I get to be Thor? lol

Loki = Faith
Black Widow = Taake
Iron Man = Lyri
Cap = Willow Rosenberg (edb)
Thor = Jacklyn
SpiderMan = NancyBoyHairGel
Black Panther = nightshade
The Hulk = Oz (somebugga)
Luke Cage = Old Master
Scarlet Witch = Athena
Quiksilver = BlackEyeGuy
Hawkeye = brinkster130
Vision = Mr. Pointy
Dr. Strange = Kean
Jessica Jones = Cordelia
Falcon = Slayer,The (Comma)
Ms. Marvel = Flannen
Spectrum = Angelic Slayer
Wasp = elmo
Ant Man = nerd4hire

Do you have any regrets?
I regret the members, especially the past mods, that we don't get to see anymore. Even the ones I talk to outside of the board, I wish they still posted or worked with the team. Personally, I regret that growing up I didn't think I could have a job I really liked that was non-traditional, and that I didn't figure out what I needed to do to get the job I really wanted in life. I also regret the demise of MSN chats. Those were fun.

Hmm couples in real life...maybe Giles & Olivia lol!

To the Boss, you seem to like the TV show Teen Wolf, is it that show or do you like most monster films / TV shows?
I do like most monster films/tv shows but I do think Teen Wolf is special. It's like Buffy in its potential for discussion and rewatching.

Spanky
Spanky
I think I meant it the way you read it but this is cool too
brinkster130
brinkster130
hammer-wielding god of BB? Clearly not lots of thought went into it lol

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
Where do you get your news/media from?

Coffee, tea or hot choc?

What is your favourite skin on the board?

What is the prettiest plant you have ever seen?

Do you read the Buffy/AtS comics? Your opinion?

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
To all members of staff,
are there any members on these boards who you wish would 'give it a rest'?
Not including me of course.

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
Not much of a news person so mostly I hear stuff on the radio in the car on the way to work.

Coffee, tea or hot choc?
Tea

Ikm partial to Season 10 but also love Graham and Band Candy which were made for me lol

Probably the blue bonnets & indian paintbrush in Texas.

I haven’t finished 11 yet in either. Mainly because I forget to read them. Mainly because I think they are boring. There are times when I like them, but I think they miss opportunities when they introduce new, interesting characters and then barely use them. Angel & Faith was my favorite of them all though.

To all members of staff,
Not so much right at the moment, but yes, of course, I'm human. But unfortunately for the staff sometimes, we can’t moderate based on our personal feelings.

nightshade

I am a phoenix
Staff member
Black Thorn
Umm I don't know the Avengers well enough to say!

Do you have any regrets?
Plenty! However I wouldn't be me without having done the things I have.

I don't think so, most couples are too settled to relate to Buffyverse ones!

Usually the radio at work, or people tell me things, I rarely intentionally look at the news

Coffee, tea or hot choc?
Tea

I've had the Joyce one for a while, but I prefer the darker colours one and haven't really checked out the images on the lighter ones.

Well I'm useless at names of plants, so I don't know!

I've read a couple of them but I don't follow them

To all members of staff,
Of course, throughout the years there's always people you just don't get along with.

Athena

Has anyone seen my human vessel?
Staff member
Black Thorn
I'm going to kick it off to the moderators - if given the opportunity, would you like in Sunnydale?
I've always wanted to live in California, I guess that's what growing up watching 90s US TV does. I guess I could buy a really cheap house in Sunnydale, but I have to admit the mortality rate of the area does kinda put me off!
How did you come to join this forum?
I was enjoying a rewatch of Buffy and I thought "There must be a forum out there for fans" - and there was!
What's your favorite show outside of BtVS and AtS?
That's so hard because I enjoy a lot of different genre TV shows. I'm really enjoying The Good Place, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend & Jane the Virgin right now. Older shows, probably Battlestar Galactica. Too many to list off the top of my head!
What are your favorite books?
90s YA fiction: the pinnacle of writing :p
Do you write or read fanfiction?
Yes and yes! I've written some (very very bad!) fanfiction, and I admit to reading bad fanfiction too. I much prefer good fanfiction though. I love that fans understand the characters so well that they can write sometimes better than the actual show writers. I'm not one of them!
@Athena Can Diva Cat sing opera? And does your husband steal the covers at night?
DivaCat tries to sing, it's normally a bit shouty. And no, he's no duvet hog but he does snore ;)
Do any of y’all have kids? If not, do you want any?
No kids, just nieces and nephews but I would like kids someday, I think. I'm a bit back and forth on it. Having a cute little cherub child is great but having a tantrum toddler just doesn't seem all that great, not to mention when they become Kevin the Teenager..... who knows though.
What season of Buffy have you seen the most?
Probably Season 6, then 5, then 4
Which character from the verse gives you the most feels?
Not so much a character, but I adore Wash & Zoe. Zwash? Woe? Anyway, I love them.

Buffy Summers: Captain America
Taake: Iron Man
nightshade: Black Widow
brinkster: Thor
Mr Pointy: Hulk
Faith: Hawkeye
Me: Speck of dirt on an Avengers boot :p

BBC or Guardian

Coffee, tea or hot choc?
Coffee.

I usually just use the default grey, which is dull I guess, but easy to read

I love poinsettias at Christmas

No, so I don't really have an opinion
To all members of staff,
Yes but everyone's human at the end of the day so it's only natural.

Taake
Taake
90s YA fiction love forevvah! :P

Taake

Something Wicked This Way Comes
Staff member
Black Thorn
Captain America - Buffy Summers (always saves the day)
Hawkeye - Brinkster130 (dangerous and sharp but with a balanced home life)
nightshade - Scarlet Witch (don't under estimate this powerhouse)
Old Master - Dr Strange (because, powerful sorcerer clearly)
Athena - Black Widow (bet she's also obsessed with getting her steps in)
Mr. Pointy - Nick Fury (laid back, but you know he's keeping an eye out for trouble)

Do you have any regrets?
Regrets? Drowning in them! They usually only bother me when I really need to get to go to sleep though, then I can mull over them for hours upon hours.

Hm, that's a tricky one. Season 6 Spuffy maybe.

An online subscription to one of the bigger newspapers here, would like to get the paper copy, but a bit pricey. Also public radio podcast for national politics and European politics. I don't really follow American politics anymore, too exhausting, but I catch the occasional headline on Twitter or Facebook, and when I have time I read the National Review.

Coffee, tea or hot choc?
*with a coffee IV hooked up to my arm*
I'll say coffee I guess :D

Green Connor one.

Ehm, fire bad... tree pretty? I'm lousy with plants. I'll say "blåsippor" which seem to be called "hepatica" in English, because it's such a lovely sign of spring.

After season 8 I was out, it just wasn't the show I loved or the characters I recognized. The Twilight thing was childish and dumb. I keep thinking about dipping my toe back into it but I struggle with both the format and the storylines so, maybe it's just a doomed relationship from the start ;)

Athena

Staff member
Black Thorn
Do you have any regrets?
Sorry, I missed this one.

Regrets, I've had a few. But life's too short to dwell. If you don't regret you'll never learn, and I've learned a lot in life so you gotta take it as a positive. :)

I guess the Buffyship I see more in my friends is Tillow. Just meant to be, mutual respect, not perfect but just love each other a lot.

Athena

Staff member
Black Thorn
Who came up with the idea for the podcast ?
Taake. She. Is. The. Most. Amazing. Person, I. Know. (Is that authentic enough T?) :p

I thought of it, Taake agreed to be my co-host for the pilot only and then she just couldn't say no to my sweet face for the other 21 episodes.... :D

Taake
Taake
I don't know... needs more adoration I think. Maybe a CEG dance number?

brinkster130

Riley's BFF
Staff member
Sineya
All over the place. I read lots of articles linked on twitter or social media and then if its interesting I look up more about it. I also have small local newspapers linked on my FB so I know whats going on right around me. I don't watch much news.

Coffee, tea or hot choc?
I'm not big on any of those. I wish I liked tea more.

I have the grey Default style currently and I think it's my favorite. I like the grey coloring.

Parrot Tulips? So hard to pick, there are so many pretty plants. I've need some really cool orchids.

Not anymore. I read season 8,9, and then stopped reading sometime in s10. They are mediocre. I like the idea that the story is continuing but it doesn't feel like it is the same story at all.

To all members of staff,
If only you knew.....

Top Bottom